I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

10 hours ago, MrEarl said:

12472639_446496335556846_6415959175329471341_n.jpg

This was back in the day when you could park close to the park. Now you have to drive to who knows where and then hope you get directed to a lot where they shuttle you over. The last time we were there in 2008 we ended up driving through some weird maze for about an hour to park and then got sent to some off site lot where it seemed we had to walk a mile to the park entrance since there was no shuttle.:angry:

Edited by Bleach (see edit history)

On 3/28/2016 at 6:52 AM, MrEarl said:

.  It appears to be the orange and tan one and I have always wondered if they truly came in that odd for Buick color. 

Your computer must have better color resolution than mine.  I only see everything is sepia tones.

Ed

I do find it of note that some say they are familiar with/have seen this picture.  It surfaced on my computer as part of content relating to Indiana's 200th birthday.

Do those who may have seen it before have ties to the Hoosier state, as I do (born and raised, but now removed therefrom)?

5 hours ago, D Yaros said:

The photo was snapped in Hammond, IN in the year of 19 and twenty-three.

OK. That makes sense. I believe the coupe in the window has a rounded roofline to the rear. The first year for that would have been for the 1924 model year. Earlier ones were square. The new 1924 models would have been out in late summer of 1923. Dandy Dave!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2016 at 0:37 PM, Fr. Buick said:

A '54 Roadmaster. 

But can anyone identify the location? 

Wait for it...

Washington Expressway!

Colonel Buick.jpg

If he were on a BRIDGE,

I could say he was "CROSSING THE DELAWARE"

• 2 weeks later...

To the beach?  How about cross country.  In 1952 my dad, mom, my brother, and myself piled into my uncle's new 52 Roadmaster along with him, his wife, and daughter.  The seven of us drove from central Kansas to the west coast in NW Oregon to see my see my mom's and uncle's parents.  No a/c and no interstate highways.  I'm sort of glad that the only rememberances of this trip are photos.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

To the beach?  How about cross country.  In 1952 my dad, mom, my brother, and myself piled into my uncle's new 52 Roadmaster along with him, his wife, and daughter.  The seven of us drove from central Kansas to the west coast in NW Oregon to see my see my mom's and uncle's parents.  No a/c and no interstate highways.  I'm sort of glad that the only rememberances of this trip are photos.

hayel , I had never been west of the Mississippi until I joined the Marines in '69. They sent me west, wayyy west...

39 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

hayel , I had never been west of the Mississippi until I joined the Marines in '69. They sent me west, wayyy west...

I think that far west is considered east, isn't it, like in "far east."  I'll have to assume a couple of things.  1) you were a kid with dreams, and 2) nobody told the big picture, 3) you were blitzed and had no idea what you'd done until is was already done.  Was it your buddies, your dad (mine thought "You'd look good in Marine blue"), or the recruiter? 

I still had a college deferment and some buddies got me into a local national guard unit. I had an MOS of 11H40 - anti-armor (infantry).  I spent 20 years keeping Soviet tanks out of NE Kansas.  I must have done well, there were never any reported sightings of anything resembling a T-54/55 or a PT-76 anywhere close.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Jason,

It that perchance an Indian motorcycle (I have no clue)?  Best of both worlds for you?

Ed

Na Ed, nothing that classy just a lowly Harley panhead. :P. Pre 1958 Probably early/mid 50s

• 2 weeks later...