I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've heard that Mr. Truman personally drove a Packard.

These two Chryslers are on display in the Truman Library Museum in Independence, MO. 

cars.jpg

Mr. Truman was fond of Chryslers products.

truman-55-chrysler.jpg

Here's something else to dwell on.  Bess Truman's maiden names was, wait for it.....

Wallace.

I didn't know that.

I saw a photo of him, somewhere, behind the wheel of one. I tried finding it again and all I could find now was of him driving Chryslers.

There is a 50 Packard that is currently for sale that was reported to have been either owned or used by Mr. Truman. The Truman Library site has nothing on him owning a Packard, just Chryslers and a Lincoln.

I also remember a Green '60s Plymouth or Dodge Parked in the Garage at his his home.    These two Chryslers are on display in the Truman Library Museum in Independence, MO. 

cars.jpg

Mr. Truman was fond of Chryslers products.

truman-55-chrysler.jpg

Here's something else to dwell on.  Bess Truman's maiden names was, wait for it.....

Wallace.

5 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Been waiting for some input myself D,  Where are all the wood wheels guys when you need them 

Love the dealership building! There is an old Buick dealerships thread floating around somewhere in the past 

I like DD have seen this, but the picture is not good enough to determine the year of the cars, but I agree it looks to be the early 20's.

I was thinking mid to late teens myself, shows how much I know... 

I think this is the first I have seen of this type sign (over the door) actually displayed on a dealership building. It appears to be the orange and tan one and I have always wondered if they truly came in that odd for Buick color. 

Interesting also is the roll out awning. And the not only Brunswick Tire sign but also Brunswick Tubes. I notice a lot of the old dealerships were big on tire sales.

Those are real White Gum Rubber tires from the early days. They did not last like the tires we have today so Tire sales back then were rather brisk and often one of the most expensive parts of the car. Dandy Dave!