I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

• 3 weeks later...

I was at Oak Ridge National Laboratory today for meetings. I was thrilled to discover that there was a car show scheduled on site today. There was only one Buick on display: a beautiful 1934 model 67.

Mr. Earl, I'm posting this from my not-so-smart smart phone, and it appears that the photo is not oriented correctly. Can you work your magic and re-post it correctly?

Ikepost-77380-0-41915600-1433477291_thumb.j

X 2..........the quality of the photos taken 50 - 60 years ago is amazing. Do the Kodachrome slides scan better than ordinary photos?

Not really, it all depends on the quality of the slide or photo.

I try to look for the best images with bright and bold colors.

I very rarely use Photoshop. I want the quality of the slide to come out on it's own.

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Kodachrome was unique for rendering vibrant colors.  Also the slower film speeds such as ASA 25 or 64 had a very fine grain that enhanced detail.  Photoshop and other programs have filters to give a Kodachrome effect, but are not even close to the real thing which is not made any more.

Willie

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Earl.

My father had a great since of humor, but could be FIRM too.

We had our 53 Skylark on the show room floor, a doctor/customer/sucker, hehe, came in, and standing if front of the Lark put his FOOT on the bumper.  Dad walked up and put his hand on the Doc's shoulder, said, DOCTOR, IF YOU HAD A $5,000.00 PIANO WOULD YOU STEP ON IT?, SO GET YOUR FOOT OFF MY CAR.

That same doctor brought his 54 4-door Roadmaster in for service, the roof was dented in lots of  spots.  Dad said Doc, how did the roof get dented, the doc looked at it and said, well maybe because the kids stood on it to pick Cherries off the trees.

Oh so many dealership stories, so LITTLE time,

Dale in Indy

Yep, the dealership produced a ton of stories.

In 1957 dad was delivering a new Buick, the customer was trading in a 37 Buick. The deal was finished, the customer headed out to his new Buick when dad realized that he hadn't given the customer the keys. Dad never walked, so he jogged out to the customer, by the time he got to him, the car was running, seems his 37 keys fit just fine.

Dad NEVER owed a coat, he wore a white dress shirt with sleeves rolled up, EVERY DAY, RAIN, or SNOW. There were 5 of us kids, dad was in WWII in the 1st. Marine division, when the war ended and he was home and we were on the road there was NEVER a time when we didn't pick up a service person hitch hiking. NEVER. That's the way it was. He would turn and holler at us kids, MAKE ROOM FOR THIS PERSON, so we made room.

Dale in Indy

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)
  • Like 1