Miserable Weather Today in Virginia!

R W Burgess

<span style="font-size: 20pt">SOMEONE PLEASE REMOVE THAT WHITE STUFF FROM OUR ROADS & YARDS!!!! </span> crazy.gifeek.gifsmirk.gifcrazy.gif

<span style="font-size: 11pt"> I moved south to get away from that stuff!</span>

At least it wasn't ice.....yet...wait 'til tomorrow crazy.gif

A foot overnight here. I just punched a bit of the driveway and a path to the shop.....and now it's snowing hard again!.

My son is supposed to handle the snow with his antique tractors. He claimed he had a job overnight to help keep the Fedex terminal cleared, so I have not heard from him all day.

Here is a pic from 2 minutes ago. My son's 1961 Cub Loboy actually started for me...and he left some gas in it.. smile.gif Also, my daily driver 70 VW wagon...and my shop. I'm going out there now to work on the Nash smile.gif

I hope the correct pic shows up. I did one this morning via "attachments" and somones newer car from this site came up as a thumbnail??

post-59419-143138048172_thumb.jpg

HI GUYS,

NOTHING BUT BRIGHT SUNSHINE HERE IN THE NEW ORLEANS AREA !!!

This past weekend the Pierce-Arrow Society was in Baton Rouge, so Dale and I drove up in the '41 Caddy Convertible to visit with long-time friends. A lovely (but slightly cool and windy) day -- just like today.

We'll head up your way during hurricane season,

Beautiful while it's falling, and until it's disturbed. Then it's the nastiest stuff ever.

This morning wasn't bad driving in to work at 0500, once I convinced the Ford truck's electric 4WD to engage. Tomorrow may be different. There are at least three spots on my way to work that are notorious for black ice, plus half a dozen bridges.

Geesh, Marty, why'd you have to go and embarass your Caddy by making it go visit Pierce Arrows? Us P-A guys have a Society, remember, not just a Club!

Here in Winchester we missed the heavy snow. It's north and south of us, though. Still cold as a teacher's wit, though.

Glad you got to see the P-A guys, wish I could have been there. See ya, dc

The only thing further south is Cuba and I ain't going there. I have a couple of pictures but am not c.lit. enough to post them. I hate P.C's.

Guest Leonard Shepherd

We had our Studebaker Meet yesterday, in Richmond, VA, and as we left it started snowing. Only one couple drove their Studebaker.

I was going to drive my 52 Commander, but I left it in the driveway. Here are the pictures from this morning and this afternoon.

post-52673-143138048182_thumb.jpg

post-52673-143138048184_thumb.jpg

post-52673-143138048187_thumb.jpg

Trimacar/David,

The PAS Guys enjoyed seeing the Caddy, as well as a '41 Dodge (Pres. of the Baton Rouge Chapter - LA Region - AACA). As you know, their meets are business meeting and sightseeing - they do not bring their cars.

Hi from Ed, Dave and Merlin -- I got to ride in the Pierce-Arrow Merlin trailered down from SH'pt - the divider window limo. A really sweet ride. Also got to visit with Nevy and Kirsten Clark from Savannah, who put on last years PAS Meet.

They all seemed to enjoy our Louisiana Winter Days, our plantations, and tourist sights.

I started out yesterday in New York City. A couple of us finished our trip in NYC by playing Amazing Grace on bagpipes in the snow at the World Trade Center Site.

It was a little bit tricky getting out of NYC. We left via the Holland Tunnel and took 78 over to I95. We drove through snow in every state from there through NC. I95 was relatively clear the entire trip. It was a strange day for a truck full of North Carolina guys (Including our driver, a former NYPD guy who works for me down south now).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: F&J</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A foot overnight here. I just punched a bit of the driveway and a path to the shop.....and now it's snowing hard again!.

My son is supposed to handle the snow with his antique tractors. He claimed he had a job overnight to help keep the Fedex terminal cleared, so I have not heard from him all day.

Here is a pic from 2 minutes ago. My son's 1961 Cub Loboy actually started for me...and he left some gas in it.. smile.gif Also, my daily driver 70 VW wagon...and my shop. I'm going out there now to work on the Nash smile.gif

I hope the correct pic shows up. I did one this morning via "attachments" and somones newer car from this site came up as a thumbnail?? </div></div>

Neat looking daily driver there, F&J!

Similar scene here in Stony Creek, for sure.

Really tired of the cold & white stuff this winter--I'm half considering asking for a refund on my Al Gore Fan Club membership...oof...

Earl, the snow is only bad if you play in it. blush.gif

I've only been outside 2 times in 3 days, to get the paper.

We have food for at least 7 more days. Maybe for once the old freezer will be emptied out. crazy.gif

We're having a blast watching all kinds of birds feast on the scattered food I throw out for them. smile.gif

The word is spreading!

cardinal.jpg

Mr. J is back today with 3 buddies. Peterson said he'd have him for lunch. Not much meat there, West! smile.gif

jay_3.jpg

Wayne

It was 18 degrees here this morning and of course this would be the day the farrier booked to shoe my two horses and the four horses of my friends. Two horses were done in a barn and the others are outdoor horses so there is no protection from the cold and the breeze. frown.gif

Spring is coming, spring is coming, spring is coming...... smile.gif

Susan

That's what's nice about living this far south (Southern Ohio, West Virginia). Even before Spring arrives (remember, we have another 18 days to go), it's actually quite nice. It's supposed to be well into the 50s this weekend.

Now, let me tell you about Minneapolis in the Spring.

Minneapolis is around the 45th parallel. Right about the time you want it to start warming up (like, NOW) it just seems to go deeper into winter.

I've discovered that where you and I live, we've got pretty much the finest weather anywhere. Four equal seasons. All places north are too cold for too long, all places south are too hot for too long.

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dynaflash8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now I am reminded once more why I moved away from the Northern Neck and came to Florida. Snow. Ugh and re-ugh! </div></div>

Yea......I said the same thing in 1994. I enjoyed 3 years in Daytona, then moved back because of family. It's dropping to 10 degrees tonight.

So much for Global Warming...... sick.gif This has been the coldest winter I can remember, and it's still not over. frown.gif

Guest windjamer

Boy, some folks are never happy. I was stationed at Ft Useless in 61,if it snowed 1/2 inch you guys where crippled. The base closed the town rooled up the sidewalks you took your life in your hands if you tryed to drive when you southern boys moved a car out of the car-port.Heck here in the north we go swiming in this type of weather. Ever hear of the polor bears? A 1/2 inch of ice with a ft of snow on top is perfect for testing the new motor cycle tires. IF YOU BELIEVE all this I got a nice bridge for sale. 18 days till spring, but who the heck is counting?

West,

You are correct of course. We do live in good areas, and we have had some beautiful warm days in the midst of winter. But this year we have had more snow than we have had for many years. And it didn't go away like it normally does.

And with LOTS of salt residue still on the roads we don't dare take <span style="font-style: italic">Woodstock</span> out, which we had hoped to do on a sunny day or two. So poor <span style="font-style: italic">Woodstock</span> sits on the driveway wrapped in his jammies waiting for better weather. frown.gif

Guest Leonard Shepherd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KenHupp20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But some need the snow to play with these rigs !

I hope the link works guys ( and ladies ) .

Ken </div></div>

It works. There is a guy in Richmond that has one similar, but it is a Model A. I think he has the skis also.

I drove my Studebaker yesterday. Here is the link:

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/LHSJR/?action=view&current=DSCN7164.flv

post-52673-143138048763_thumb.jpg

post-52673-143138048766_thumb.jpg

Motor is "A", (Repowered?) Radiator and shroud is 1931 "A". Cowl is a 26-27 "T". Front end, frame and wheels are "T". The hubcaps are rather odd. Mix match of old parts. Still, all in all, it is a neat item. grin.gif Dandy Dave!