2016 Forum Happy Hour: NEW: Evidence added 8/1/16

JohnD1956

Arrangements have been made for the 2016 Forum Breakfast.  It will be a late breakfast, coinciding with Happy Hour.  Details are below.  Please add your name here if you plan to attend, so we can get a count.

NEW INFORMATION:

Wednesday 7/13/2016:

Link to a road map added.  Allow at least 20 minutes travel time due to road construction and possible rush hour traffic.  see Post # 49

Friday July 29th

4:00 - 6:00 PM  NOTE: THIS IS CHANGED FROM A 4:30 START TIME TO STARTING AT 4:00 PM. 

Hanoverville Roadhouse  http://hanovervilleroadhouse.com/     We will be separated from the other patrons.

map from Bulgari Property

This restaurant is just a short distance away from the Best Western Leigh High Valley conference center.

Every one will be responsible for your own beverages and food.  Happy Hour Drinks are 50 cents off.   Here is a list of potential appetizers:

Coconut Shrimp...$10.95  w/ Orange Horseradish Marmalade
Fried Mozzarella Sticks...$7.95 w/ Marinara Sauce
Shrimp Cocktail...$13.95 w/ Six Jumbo shrimp, cocktail sauce
Chicken Wings...$9.95, Tossed in hot sauce
Pierogies....$6.95, Sauteed onions and sour cream
or folks can also order directly off the menu, as they prefer. 

Once again there will be a Flea Market swap, following the same general rules we used the last few years.
I hope these arrangements are satisfactory, and I hope we have a good turnout.  Please be sure to let us know if you plan to attend. 

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)
  • Like 6

• MrEarl pinned this topic

Late breakfast...should work for Mike :rolleyes:

Separated from other patrons...for their sanity and safety from the breaking glass no doubt. 

I will definitely be there. I will need to confirm whether any others of the clan are interested in attending. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Thriller said:

Question: Minors allowed where we will be? Obviously they wouldn't be served certain elixirs. 

Yes, Minors should be allowed.  We will be seated in the main dining room, not the bar. 

11 hours ago, Thriller said:

• Like 1

I have an inquiry in to the restaurant, to see if we can start 1/2 hour earlier,  4 Pm instead of 4:30.  That will give those attending the BHA Banquet a little more time to make the trip there.  I'll post the answer when I get it.

• Like 2

The starting time for this event has been moved ahead by a half hour.  :P 

Since the BHA Banquet is almost 20 miles away, those attending will be pressed for time.  Therefore, please do your best to arrive at the Forum Happy Hour by 4 PM.

Thanks

• Like 2

On May 28, 2016 at 9:27 AM, JohnD1956 said:

Well I'll be dog-gonned!  Dandy Dave, on a bus!  Who'd of thunk?  Hope someone gets a picture so we can prove it later...:D:lol:

Well now JD. I could not pass up a tour of the Martin Guitar Factory being the old picker and grinner that I am... Dandy Dave! 

• Like 2

Sorry to say, not this year...AGAIN.

One thing after another prevents us from attending.

Not bad for a guy that was one of the organizers of the very first Forum Breakfast.

We cancelled our reservations a couple of weeks ago.

Have a great time.

3 hours ago, serb said:

Sorry to say, not this year...AGAIN.

One thing after another prevents us from attending.

Not bad for a guy that was one of the organizers of the very first Forum Breakfast.

We cancelled our reservations a couple of weeks ago.

Have a great time.

Don't like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, serb said:

Hey John, it is nice to be recognized.  I still remember our trip to Flint and the roadblock that slowed us, good thing for that new GPS.

Hey! if you are talking about me, that's not nice.  How was I to know I would have to make so many pit stops!  LOL...

I'm in! Just figured out today I had enough frequent flier miles to get there (with a whole 4 miles to spare)!

I also booked room at Best Western Lehigh Valley - no problem if you knew the right answer to their "are you with a group" question...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eric W said:

I also booked room at Best Western Lehigh Valley -

Also feel free to join us in the parking lot after dinner.  As long as the weather is good I'm sure there will be lot's of folks out and about.

11 hours ago, Eric W said:

I'm in! Just figured out today I had enough frequent flier miles to get there (with a whole 4 miles to spare)!

I also booked room at Best Western Lehigh Valley - no problem if you knew the right answer to their "are you with a group" question...

Which is?

Ben

11 hours ago, First Born said:

Which is?

Ben

Well, it wasn't the circus housecat performing group, and it wasn't the water-dog dog-swimming competition, and it wasn't the knitting guild, the quilting bee, or flaming-handled knife-jugglers group... It wasn't the stamp collectors, baseball memorabilia collectors, or board-gamers convention... Not that there's anything wrong with all that...

• Like 4

counted 28 so far, with the possibility of 7 more if Derek's family and Roberta's friends come along.  Oops, forgot to count myself,  29 plus possible 7 more.  Now if we try, maybe we can convince Stevo and Mr. Earl to drive in for the day...

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:11 PM, First Born said:

Which is?

Ben

Hey Ben, you fronting up?

If you are I should send some Vegemite seeing as how you wouldn't have a crack at it back in 2013!!

Actually, that same jar should be in Mr EARLs shed somewhere - would have a nice crust on it by now. I know Mr Earl didn't try it - RITA wouldn't let him and I believe she was quiet rude about what it looked like. But then you may be out of luck as it may well have been used to grease front wheel bearings of a '54.

Enjoy your get together.

gallery_31834_1_1431484915_34663.jpg

gallery_31834_1_1431484916_34666.jpg

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)
  • Like 3