What do you consider a "luxury interior"?

What do you consider a "luxury interior"?

Leather Seats?

Real Wood trim?

Bright plated accessories?

In 1926, this was probably the ultimate - and may still be.

If you have pictures of your car's luxurious, or, at least, unique or unusual interior features, please post them here. You might just give Rolls Royce a run for the money.

AA1dfZsl.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg

• Like 4

Carpets. Drove my MGA for 20 years with rubber mats over the plywood floors. Steel transmission tunnel. At least it didn't soak up water . I am somewhat tall so I usually left the seat cushion at home { removable from the factory }  and sat on a folded up wool blanket. My wife had to use the seat cushion plus the blanket so she could see over the dash.

The English PI was considered over the top when it was new. The original owner collected Louis XIV furniture and wanted the car to reflect that.

In a closed car I prefer fine fabrics in subdued colors...real wood trim and a minimum of garish plating. In an open car I'd prefer high quality leather.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Littlestown Mike said:

Things that were "luxuries" in the 1920's were probably standard equipment a few years later.

Very true, and I believe that still applies today.  Today when I see Cadillac and Porsche SUV's or "crossovers", I'm not even sure I know what a "luxury car" is anymore. The interior in my '65 T-Bird was supposed to be somewhat luxurious back in its day, but it frankly doesn't feel near as luxurious as the interior in my wife's new Subaru Outback.

• Like 2

REAL wood and REAL leather inside!  And the seats must be comfortable to ride in, with ample room to move around.  That's why LWB sedans have their appeal, where the rear seating area benefits from the extra wheelbase.

Craig

14 hours ago, m-mman said:

Clock?  REAL luxury is when you have a speedometer in the back seat. 😉

Not that you really needed your mother in law to see how fast you’re going.  Hard enough to deal with the back seat driving with her looking over your shoulder!!  🙄

• Haha 2

IMG_3878.JPG.86797497a9949fc7618a3dae7c104bc4.JPGI put leather interior, cup holders, foot rests, a rear window shade with tassel, bud vases, wood

grained window moldings, map and magazine pouches and embroidered carpets, plus a separate

rear A/C vent in the back seat.  Nothing but the best for the freeloaders.

When people say "their father had a car just like it, but his didn't have PS, PB, AC & automatic",

I tell them "this is the deluxe model."    I know it's not "Stock", but sure has been fun since I finished

it 24 years ago.   It's all Buick, but not all 1934 or 35.   It only took twice as long as a restoration and

cost twice as much too.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, swab said:

The answer is simple, "space" the rest are simply creature comforts. 

I guess one can find all the space they need riding in the back of an empty cube van.  Luxury ride?

Craig

21 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

I guess one can find all the space they need riding in the back of an empty cube van.  Luxury ride?

Craig

Well. . .

If the interior is dressed out it probably crosses the line from luxury into recreational.   I'll have to admit bathroom vs no bathroom makes a new level of luxury.

If you have never sat inside a Citroen DS then you have never experienced comfort. Even the floor is padded for comfort. I won't go on about the ride. Even Jay Leno reckons you will fall asleep while driving it or seated on any seat position.

noname6.jpg.6f5f40eb65723405b28eedcac6649647.jpgnoname8.jpg.4adc4bced6ab9c0d26d978d9342657ab.jpg

IMG_20230115_101601252_HDRbw.jpg.a5627ca386c913dfb13bfb6e94be77f7.jpg

Edited by maok (see edit history)

13 hours ago, swab said:

Well. . .

If the interior is dressed out it probably crosses the line from luxury into recreational.   I'll have to admit bathroom vs no bathroom makes a new level of luxury.

Good point!   Last I heard, a Prevost or MCI triple-slideout, rolling shell is $650,000.  THEN, an outfitter, be it Marathon, Newell, or a choice of your own will do a custom interior that's all yours, complete with bathroom that can reach into the millions depending upon your tastebuds!!

Craig

6 hours ago, maok said:

If you have never sat inside a Citroen DS then you have never experienced comfort. Even the floor is padded for comfort. I won't go on about the ride. Even Jay Leno reckons you will fall asleep while driving it or seated on any seat position.

noname6.jpg.6f5f40eb65723405b28eedcac6649647.jpg

Looking at that interior, that is either the DS or the topline 'Pallas' model. It has that very comfortable 'Jersey cloth' interior when leather was not specified.  

Jay Leno is correct.

I've ridden in an SM, and it was one of the most comfortable cars I've ever been in.

Craig

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Looking at that interior, that is either the DS or the topline 'Pallas' model. It has that very comfortable 'Jersey cloth' interior when leather was not specified.  

Jay Leno is correct.

I've ridden in an SM, and it was one of the most comfortable cars I've ever been in.

Craig

DS23 IE Pallas