Value of a 30 Model A mostly disassembled?

R Walling

A friend has a "30" 4 door A that was her husbands project car.

The parts are scattered around the garage.

Body is on frame and painted. All parts may be there?

No title.

She wants it gone. Located in eastern Ma.

She asked me what it should sell for.

I think that it would only be a labor of love for a buyer.

Does anyone care to place a value on it?

I got $1500.00 { Canadian } for one last summer. Tossed in a very rough 31 Closed cab pickup for another $250.00. Thought I did reasonably well. Father and son team buyers seemed happy as well. No registration with either , but it is more of a solvable problem in Canada than it seems to be in the U.S.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

Get the title issue resolved. As surviving spouse, I think it may be relatively simple.

Maybe yes and maybe no. Sister in-law ended up needing a lawyer to get vehicles transferred to her name. Death certificate wasn't enough. Just depends on the state and how the original was worded. 

Edited by Fossil (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 10/6/2021 at 8:54 AM, Roger Walling said:

A friend has a "30" 4 door A that was her husbands project car.

The parts are scattered around the garage.

Body is on frame and painted. All parts may be there?

No title.

She wants it gone. Located in eastern Ma.

She asked me what it should sell for.

How willing are you able to offer your assistance of her selling it?

Are you able to help her round up all the boxes of parts that may be laying around in the garage, basement of the house, and any outbuildings?  As well, will you be able to assist a buyer with carefully loading it onto a trailer or a flatdeck with being been already painted?

You could be the biggest help of all, and earn her the most $$$ for it by getting your hands dirty.

Craig

• Like 2

If it's a 4-door other than a 31 slant windshield, there's a lot of wood framing in the body - more so than other body styles.  Condition of wood may influence value.  Sedans don't command as much money as coupes and roadsters - a buyer might well be under water by the time it was restored.  Disassembled and with no title, it might be easier to sell as parts or (gasp!) to a hot rodder.

• Like 1

Model A is on my bucket list, and I have been watching them for a few years now. Same ole story, If I didnt already have enough projects on hand I may be interested, but.  No title is a big thing for me. But I think a real world price would be $2500-$3500. Rodders will pay top dollar for a body and part out the rest so this car is already mostly done for that crowd. 

• Like 1

I bought a 1930 Tudor a few years back for $3,500. The engine and transmission was out and apart and rusted like it was left outside for a time. The body is nice and solid. I have since put it back together mechanically and it runs and drives like it should. Doing some wood work and installing a new top in between doing other things that are further up on the list. One all the way apart and a 4 Door? Whatever an old fool is willing to pay. Dandy Dave!  

Some day I hope to own a Ford Model A so I can have something to drive a lot and have zero worry about replacement parts.

But I will buy a driver since I have no experience with the Ford As I would not know what to really look for when it came to a basket case. 

But paint and body being done is a big plus in my book, compared to most basket cases.

19 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

In some states. lacking title isn't a huge problem. In a few states, it really is bad. And that limits your potential buyers, however does not eliminate them.

Coupled with basket cases never have been an easy sell, value won't be great.

Taxachussetts is one of the states where it is a huge problem, you can’t do anything without a valid title including dragging it to the crusher… selling it for parts becomes much more advantageous if the title issue isn’t resolved.

• Like 2

Roger, if you can get a pic or two, and maybe a bodyman's opinion on it at a high level I can see if any local A folk here in central, NW CT have interest.  A solid, complete chassis should bring $1,500 minimum.  Running, maybe more.  A complete car should do better.  

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 1