2022 BCA National Meet Lisle, IL June 21-26

lancemb

42 minutes ago, drhach said:

I am a BCA member. I've never been to one of these before. it looks like Saturday is the only "spectator" type event. 

All of the cars will be on the show field on Saturday, but, often, the most fun (for me, at least) at these meets is milling around the parking lots as the cars arrive during the Wed. - Fri. period.  There is a great deal of opportunity to enjoy the cars and speak to the owners.  So, even if you are not participating in the various tours, there is plenty to do during the days  leading up to Saturday.  And there is a Buick parade through downtown Lisle on Thursday evening.  And don't forget the Buick swap meet underway throughout the meet.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

Is the schedule for the swap meet a secret? Be nice if after searching for info there was a listing of start time and daily schedule? Anybody?

No secret.  In general, there are both an indoor and outdoor swap meet every-day/all-day, sun rise to sun set, at the National..."free to browse".  Normally, they do shut down early on the day for the Awards dinner.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 7:10 AM, dship said:

No secret.  In general, there are both an indoor and outdoor swap meet every-day/all-day, sun rise to sun set, at the National..."free to browse".  Normally, they do shut down early on the day for the Awards dinner.

THANX for responding. I've been to more than one National, so, knew about how things operate 'in general', but was hoping to see some current detail. Guess I'll just assume.

• 2 weeks later...

There is always a need for volunteers to judge.  Judging will be done no matter how many judges we have, but more work is placed on those judges is not enough volunteer.

You do not need past experience to judge.  There is a judges training session Friday afternoon that will tell you everything you need to know.  And you do not have to be an expert on Buicks.  Judging is 2/3 on condition and workmanship, which anyone can see.  If there is a question on authenticity, there will be people to help.  

And, all judges get a free breakfast on Saturday, a nice souvenir judges pin, and hat. And they get to see the Buicks up close.

Please volunteer to judge if you are able.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks away.  Is everyone excited?  I know I am.  There will be over 450 total registrations, about 300 Buicks, and around 800 people attending.  

I wish safe travels to those coming, and I hope to see you there. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, 38Buick 80C said:

Did anyone else notice The Great Race overnights about 25 min from Lisle in Plainfield IL on Wednesday. Arrival time is 5PM.

https://www.greatrace.com/route

Add to that, the Cadillac/LaSalle Club's national meet is going on the same days as ours, about 8 miles away in Lombard, IL. Going to be tough to cram it all in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Pete Phillips you are going to be very busy boy, I would like to meet up with you there, just to meet you in person, we have had several discussions by e-mail, @Ben Bruce aka First Born are you going to be there?

@lancembI am looking forward to seeing your newly completed car.

BCA friend and I  were there around noon checking it out as they were marking the spot numbers on the pavement, and members and cars were checking into the hotel, getting pretty excited! 

We also stopped by the Cadillac/LaSalle Club meeting location , few cars were there and a few more pulling in, no members working the lot, no activity at this time.

Weather is great, nice sunshine, but a little hot.

Bob

Edited by NailheadBob (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Pete I met the owner of the 1949 Super Sedanet today the one in your photo, his name is Gary Klecka and he is from Alaska, he is looking for a right rear quarter panel moulding. Another good looking car is Jerry Anderson's green 1941 Buick Super 4-door, both are Chicagoland members, but Gary moved away to Alaska.

Bob

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

You and me both Ben. I grew up in Naperville, Lisle and would have liked to go back.

I assume since I've seen no post on it, none of the Texas Road Warriors are making the trip this year?

I mean Roy and Pete are here, but no Bill, Bruce, Willie, others???

Who am I going to drink in the parking lot with?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 38Buick 80C said:

Nope, none of us are coming this year.  
Me due to medical issues, my Dr. Said not to go after getting my lung drained of fluid last weekend. I thought of driving my Caddy but can’t drive the distance. Forget about flying. No way. Hope to see you in Charolette in the fall.

I will miss seeing everyone.

Edited by Bill Stoneberg (see edit history)
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Thanks, Brian.  Food looked GOOD.   

Just drink one for all of us. 

Ben

Did you mean one for each of you Ben?  You can drink one for me too Brian.  I cannot make it this year.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, 38Buick 80C said:

I assume since I've seen no post on it, none of the Texas Road Warriors are making the trip this year?

Who am I going to drink in the parking lot with?

Willie called me and said he was not going to make it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1