2022 BCA National Meet Lisle, IL June 21-26

lancemb

15 hours ago, Edwin The Kid said:

I'm here and having fun! I'm working for Pete over the summer so I tagged along. I'll actually meet you one of these days! 

I just got home from the day at the Nationals  to rest as I am going back tomorrow , I met Edwin the kid, a nice young man, while talking on Thursday  to lancemb, I just realized, when he stated that he worked for Pete, that he was the person who purchased the 1951 Buick in Oklahoma about a year ago, I will see if I can reconnect with him on Saturday, Edwin was taking his own pictures of my good friend and BCA member Frank Tallarico's 1955 Buick Century Wagon, Frank was also helping secure parts and troubleshooting by phone, with other members also, a club member 1959 Buick that kept flooding out, after the owner rebuilt his carburetor before the trip, so Frank hooked him up with a local club member that sold him a spare carburetor for parts ,and a new carburetor kit, they ended up replacing the kit parts, and the float from the used carburetor and now car is running great.

@Ben Bruce aka First Born  Beautiful Century wagon

Ben, the picture does not do it justice 1955 Buick Century Wagon, that was restored 20 years ago and still looks stunning and runs the same, as in lancemb 1957 Roadmaster 75, are much better in person to view, great job both men have done with there cars.

Today was not able to  hook up and meet with Pete Phillips, but will try again Saturday.

Bob

Great Car show and swap meet, THE BEST IS YET TO COME SATURDAY!

EDIT: Hagerty on Saturday ay the BCA, is training young individuals to learn to judge cars, they are going to learn on cars NOT being judged at the BCA Nationals, so Bob Starzyk was looking for members to volunteer cars, and Bob asked Frank Tallarico if they could use his 1955 Buick Century Wagon, and Frank said yes, and Bob had a list of other cars to use, so it will be interesting to see how the process goes on Saturday.

WILL EDWIN THE KID BE ONE OF THE YOUNGSTERS BEING TRAINED BY HAGERTY???????? STAY TUNNED!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by NailheadBob
update (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I left to go home about 1 p.m. still raining, rained the whole time I was there today, I don't know if Hagerty group and Bob Starzyk were able to teach the youngsters.

I had a GREAT time each day, even today in the rain, I now have many more new BCA friends, I believe it was a GREAT car show and swap meet, I think Melanie and her team did a great job, she looked like she was a little stressed out at times. It was a shame on Saturday just west of Lisle, at WeatherTech facility 2 people were shot and one killed, shootings are so out of control anymore. I did travel to the Cadillac LaSalle Club Grand National car show (about 15 minutes away from the BCA car show) on Thursday and Friday, (NOT on Saturday) and in "MY OPINION" Cadillac LaSalle did have some very nice cars BUT very low turnout on people, cars, and parts vendors, compared to the Buick Club.

I hope every one had fun at the car show, including members that followed on line, as I did.

Bob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, billbuickgs said:

Any more pics ???

How many Buick for the show ???

Bill

306 cars were registered. In spite of the rain I really didn't see a lot of holes in the show field indicating that nearly all showed up.

• Like 5

I was there and looked at what was on the field up thru Friday.   Saturday was the show and I judged Reattas and Regal T-type and GN

rain was a problem for everyone, we judged Reattas in the rain but stopped when it rained harder.  It had almost quit so we started on the Regals/

If you judge, there is little time to see the rest of the cars.  Some cars were in trailers and not taken out until Saturday.   I missed seeing many of the really nice/rare vehicles.   I hope others post pictures and maybe I will see pictures of the cars I missed.    Sorry, I did not take any pictures