Show me your Foliage!

victorialynn2

Great day for Veteran's Appreciation Day at Hartford Gun Club.  We had a lot of activities including a military vehicle display.  The grounds here really shine in fall.  We had great attendance and took in a ton of money that will go to various Veteran related support organizations.

20211107_125755.jpg

20211107_125905.jpg

20211107_125824.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

John that is a fantastic color combination!  Really liking 49 - 52 & 53, 54 Chevys lately - the colors and hardtop body style really make this one stand out!  Great find, and cozy this time of year! 

Thanks! The colors do jump out, and the other GM all had variations on the yellow with a different secondary color for the two tone, there was a yellow and black, yellow and red, yellow and blue, I am not sure which brand got which but it gave each car a different personality. It is real easy to get in and out as well, and better brakes then my 50 had. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 12:38 PM, Pfeil said:

Are those skirts a factory accessory?

I think they were after market by Foxcraft.   Found these in the Zephryhills Flea Market back when Bud Josey owned it.  These are probably  J. C. Whitney (Fiberglass)

For you old guys:  Remember when to be COOL. a car had to have 4 on the floor shifter, dual exhausts, and fender skirts?   This car a=has it all!

This had it it all, and 30 MPG.  4 0n the floor, duals & fender skirts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ejboyd5 said:

East end of Long Island. Leaves are falling fast with heavy rain forecast for Friday - there will probably be nothing left to see by the weekend.

280 with leaves.JPG

GREAT PHOTO! Western Long Island is just starting to kick in noticed it late this afternoon. The Mercedes looks great! My wife was walking along the beach and said the colors across the sound up in Rye were spectacular so it is coming our way in a day or two.

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 10:10 PM, Ronnie said:

This is the little town where I live. About 6000 people and about a dozen traffic lights. Just the way I like it.

Kingston arial view 2017.jpg

About 3 times as many people as in my town and we only have 2 lights. But this certainly looks picturesque. And probably not as much snow in the winter.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

AJ, pardon my ignorance but Im fairly certain thats a Packard and looks like a dual cowell. Absolutely stunning. What is it?

Right on both counts Kerry.  We’re trying to get the clutch right, so although it was only about 55° today and partly cloudy I took it out. My dad was complaining the entire time because it does get a little cool in there.

• Like 1

Getting towards the end of the Fall foliage here in western Pennsylvania; had the 1st measurable snow on Sunday night and salt trucks were out and about.  Saturday, although quite cold, was dry and probably the last time out for my '35 Airstream CZ this year; that deluxe heater works great! 

Resized_20211113_161149.jpg

Resized_20211113_161453.jpg

• Like 4

Some winterish storms came through and all the leaves are now down, with the trees all bare. The first picture was taken a week and a half ago, when fall was still in full swing. The video was taken about the same time. The video quality is awful, as I attached my iPhone to the car mirror without realizing the mirror was somewhat loose and I was driving over some very lumpy roads. However, you may enjoy the scenery if you can get past the wiggles. The second picture was taken today, and is intended to get you into the mood of Thanksgiving. There were thirteen turkeys in the flock, but my camera didn't have an adequate field of view.

Here is the link to the video: https://youtu.be/kQ244JOh0Ug

Fall 2021.jpeg

Turkeys 2021.png

• Thanks 2