Show me your Foliage!

victorialynn2

19 minutes ago, pmhowe said:

Terry,

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful area.  I envy you. What is the slide into the pond for?

Pease show some pictures of the same places when snow comes, a few weeks from now. 

Phil

Hello Phil, the ramp is used to drag logs from the mill pond into the mill which is fully functional.

here is a video from today’s event: 

Edited by Terry Harper (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Our colors have not yet reached their peak. So far, only the maples, sumac, and black cherries have changed. The oaks, beeches, and other deciduous trees are still green. Today was overcast but, still - to quote a colleague of ours from another thread - “It was a great day for a ride in the country!”

Phil

Oct Colors 3.jpg

Oct Colors 1.jpg

Oct Colors 4.jpg

• Like 13

The foliage has barely begun to change here in the central Sacramento Valley.   I took my 1929 Studebaker President Brougham out for a 30 mile drive today.  This tree was starting to show the change of seasons and it was the closest I could get to fall color this time of the year.    

C494D808-6E92-408D-B4CD-6C22131C1A59.jpeg

• Like 11

On 10/23/2023 at 10:21 PM, nat said:

Are they available in horse turd brown or earwax yellow?

That can sure be said of the trees here on Long Island this fall! a few here and there, but nothing spectacular as of yet and I don't expect any either. It just one of those years. We will give it a week or so and see what we can find

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is past peak here in Westchester County. Still just about peak in NYC. Car getting set up for loading to the Chicago area. Heading to The Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals this weekend in Rosemont IL

image.jpeg.de3a26279a9cb78af359412210821ff9.jpegimage.jpeg.c46459fd5423770637ca1c73abe523e4.jpegimage.jpeg.96ff1e85be21d34ad9d40e0573737945.jpeg

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)
  • Like 9