New AACA LIbrary?

MochetVelo

Wonderful building.  Wonderful location.  I'm sure we'll have more detail coming, but this looks like the solution to our library expansion and HQ update needs.  Terry

Congratulations to AACA and the Library and Research Center. This should provide enough space for generations of car enthusiasts, collectors and historians for generations to come.

All is good in Chocolate town! Sincere thanks to all who have obviously been very hard at work behind the scenes to make this all happen. Timing is perfect of this news to coincide with the greatest car show and flea market on earth.

• Like 2

Wow, I agree, great building and great location....I'm sure more news about funding will be coming!  Well done, gentlemen.....

Oh, and if you sell the old building, make sure the price is high and, if the Museum wants it, even higher!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Joe in Canada said:

The current  building will be sold. ?

Thanks everyone for "getting" the teaser message and liking it!  It is the best location we could ever ask for and big enough to house our expanding library and do so many cool things for our members.  Our current building will be sold and we will have news about our capital campaign soon.  Our leaders and board wanted to be sure you heard it as the SAME time the board heard the news.  Long, long negotiations but it is a phenomenal building and location.  

Ah, don't try to walk into your new building as it is a working company and they will be there another year while their new building is under construction! :) 

• Like 4

Does the building's interior need to be modified

for our club's needs?  Rearrange offices, create a

large antique-car display room, etc.?

The library stacks, and especially the high-density

storage units, have weights greater than normal office use,

so the floor may need to be strengthened if storage is

somewhere other than the lowest level.

Right now it is a huge data processing building unique for the utilities use.  So, yes there will be remodeling necessary. We have had engineers and office building experts already in to do an inspection for our use.  The team making this acquisition have spent a lot of time assessing the buildings capabilities and along with staff members we feel confident this building meets our needs.  We are well aware of the weight loads.

Over the next few months we have the rights to further inspect the grounds, building, etc. and there will be professionals making those final assessments before we close on the property. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Thanks everyone for "getting" the teaser message and liking it!  It is the best location we could ever ask for and big enough to house our expanding library and do so many cool things for our members.  Our current building will be sold and we will have news about our capital campaign soon.  Our leaders and board wanted to be sure you heard it as the SAME time the board heard the news.  Long, long negotiations but it is a phenomenal building and location.  

Ah, don't try to walk into your new building as it is a working company and they will be there another year while their new building is under construction! :) 

That explains why they looked at my so strangely when I asked to see the Foo Dog Trophy the other day!

Glad it has all worked out - everyone has either a new building or renovations and all the buildings still say AACA on them! Peace in the valley.

See you in a couple weeks.

Edited by AC Fuhrman
spelling (see edit history)

Hemmings Daily on line today HEAD LINE has a nice right up announcing to all the New Head Quarters Building.

"Hemmings Daily: AACA to buy larger building for its headquarters and library"

Looks like we've gone full circle resolving the issue and BIG CONGRATULATIONS to our Board for making

the decisions that led up to this. Just wonder how long they knew about this location becoming available?

Not that it matters, other then smart they held off talking about it until it was a sure thing.  WOW!

Edited by Doug Novak (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The board had no idea that this location was going to be available until it hit the market and a forum member contacted us!  We had been working on a piece of property outside the township limits that seemed our only viable alternative.  There were a number of people interested in the property so the negotiations have been prolonged but ink finally went on paper last Friday.  Board members, real estate experts, attorneys (multiple) and staff worked very hard to ensure our members had the best contract we could negotiate.  We had no choice but to be relatively quiet as negotiations continued for several months. 

In my initial post I was remiss in congratulating everyone involved who has been working on this.  I know it took a lot to get to this point.   I can just imagine an antique car prominently displayed in the front of that building.  One thing I'd like to see is a spot to honor the Regions and Chapters who have made AACA so great.  Hopefully there will be space available to do that.

Terry

• Like 2