I can't fix my car

Bill Stoneberg

Advertise it on CRAIGSLIST -

Sell it cheap - then use your new-found fortune as a downpayment on a Buick needing restoration ?

I bet in a PARADE the folks would LOVE it. 

I also would bet the builder/owner had a blast building it.  So from my stand point, anything that is fun building, is just PURE FUN.

Look, it has a VISOR, that in itself is a reason for Ben to LOVE it.  Right Ben???

Sure must have a healthy frame, and will need a lot of room to turn.

Dale in Indy

I actually like it, but I've always had a thing for both wagons and vehicles with all kinds of gear strapped to them, regardless of appearance. I like that rugged f-you functionality, as if getting the job done was more important than being pretty. I know this one isn't functional, but it's the look that I like.

I agree with Matt.

Can you imagine if a contest was held where anything goes, I bet some really earth shaking creations would come to life.

I know abroad they go wild with creations like this, FUN is FUN, express yourself. 

If I were only YOUNGER, I would jump at a chance to build a super wild piece.

Dale in Indy

I remember that car. It was a prototype of a line strictly for individualists. To be eligible to buy one you had to be over 50, have a pony tail and tattoos, wear an ear ring, listen to very loud rock music, and wear shirts with NASCAR or Hard Rock Cafe on them. Any deviation from that individuality would disqualify you from ordering.

Bernie

49 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

I actually like it, but I've always had a thing for both wagons and vehicles with all kinds of gear strapped to them, regardless of appearance. I like that rugged f-you functionality,...

Especially the F-you functionality of a luggage rack on the hood.  Nothing says "I don't give a F about you" more than 100% obstruction of your own windshield.  LOL

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

Its ugly and I don't know what to do about it. 

Suggestions are welcome (an encouraged)

That should be covered in the Shop Manual, don't you have a shop manual yet. Folks like you could save a lot of time and bother by buying a shop manual for your model vehicle and using it.

• Like 6

(Wonder who might be looking for some of the vintage car parts they used to make that  "vehicle"?).

One year, back in the later 1980s, a group of art cars from Houston came to the Rod & Custom Show in Fort Worth.  First time anybody "up here" had seen anything like them!  Every inch of the car's outer surface (and some inner ones!) had "something" on it.  People would stop and look, look some more, and finally move on after they'd stood in one place for longer than they every thought they would . . . looking at cars.  And that one car was a mundane Honda 2-door sedan!  There were several more just as outrageously amazing.  That weekend, we were educated on "Art Cars".

NTX5467

21 hours ago, MrEarl said:

That should be covered in the Shop Manual, don't you have a shop manual yet. Folks like you could save a lot of time and bother by buying a shop manual for your model vehicle and using it.

....and use the search feature. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

I have give up trying to fix it... I have a local mechanic that I use regularly for my old cars.

I will take it to him.

Yup, Mikey should be able to take care of that in one of his typical mornings. IE between 11:30 and 12:00.

2 hours ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

As what I have done to help its stated problems "It is Ugly"  look at all the stuff I attached to the car..

Oh no, your local mechanic will probably charge 3 times normal rates since you the customer have tried to do it yourself. And 4 times if you watch... and tell you right where to take it if you insist on helping. You may want to just offer it to Matt Harwood for what you have in it minus the to be expected 90% loss,  while he is still liking it. Folks can change their minds real quick on these old vehicles, especially if their wife is a shoulder surfer. jus sayin... 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Yup, Mikey should be able to take care of that in one of his typical mornings. IE between 11:30 and 12:00.

Oh no, your local mechanic will probably charge 3 times normal rates since you the customer have tried to do it yourself. And 4 times if you watch... and tell you right where to take it if you insist on helping. You may want to just offer it to Matt Harwood for what you have in it minus the to be expected 90% loss,  while he is still liking it. Folks can change their minds real quick on these old vehicles, especially if their wife is a shoulder surfer. jus sayin... 

"His mechanic" would spend a lot of man hours trying to even get a plan together. 

Especially due to my new 11:30-12 business hours.

(I mean "Bill's mechanic's new hours"

Edited by buick5563
Third person clarification. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, buick5563 said:

"His mechanic" would spend a lot of man hours trying to even get a plan together. 

Especially due to my new 11:30-12 business hours.

(I mean "Bill's mechanic's new hours"

but then there's time after lunch and before quittin time, you know 4:30 to 5:00 right. 15 minutes for getting your tools out and 15 more for putting them back up, got to keep the place neat.

• Like 1