I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

11 hours ago, kgreen said:

The car looks like it is in great shape.  What makes it a parts car?  

The body has rusted so far gone on the passenger side the cradle mount is gone, pictures later!

Scary it runs great, and lots of good parts! should really be on the "I don't like the picture of this buick" Though!

20171202_130139.jpg

20171202_130144.jpg

20171202_130147.jpg

20171202_130055.jpg

Getting ready to move some snow, but had to move some Buicks first.

003.thumb.JPG.aec75498d13d64556af27f2fb81170c3.JPG

005.thumb.JPG.bc42fc83df247b216f79992fe955484c.JPG

If the parking arrangement looks a little odd that's because two overhead doors are going in ahead of that Riviera and behind the '86. The last spot to the rear is going to become and on demand paint booth.

Muphy's Law says "Get the tractor ready to plow!"

Bernie

Oh, the tractor is a 1939 B. I don't know what the front end loader came from, but I can post some pictures if anyone is familiar with them.

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Or if your like me.  Lat year I found a great deal on a huge snow blower (9.5 hp)  for $50 at a garage sale (electric start and 6 forward speeds) and you don't get enough snow to mess with it.  Lesson:  Spend money on something that will really come in handy and you'll not need it.  I'd gladly spend another $50 this year not to have to deal with snow.

Ed

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Or if your like me.  Lat year I found a great deal on a huge snow blower (9.5 hp)  for $50 at a garage sale (electric start and 6 forward speeds) and you don't get enough snow to mess with it.  Lesson:  Spend money on something that will really come in handy and you'll not need it.  I'd gladly spend another $50 this year not to have to deal with snow.

Ed

Cheaper than paying someone for one or two plows.

19 minutes ago, Elpad said:

With the Landau at the 2012 Buick Nationals Concord, NC

For some reason this Buick should have sported a 5th porthole!

IMG_1981.jpg

and it lives just a few blocks away from our home in a huge eclectic private collection

• Like 1

When Bill Mitchell conceived the idea and Ned Nichols designed project XP- 715, which became the 1963 Buick Riviera, they originally thought that Cadillac would buy it.  Therefore the parking light grills on the XP-715 were designed to resemble the grill of the LaSalle and they used the LaSalle name for the car.

1963_Cadillac_La-Salle_XP-715_03.jpg.b88cd86439dd1f26d3f66485f7d1b467.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, RivNut said:

When Bill Mitchell conceived the idea and Ned Nichols designed project XP- 715, which became the 1963 Buick Riviera, they originally thought that Cadillac would buy it.  Therefore the parking light grills on the XP-715 were designed to resemble the grill of the LaSalle and they used the LaSalle name for the car.

1963_Cadillac_La-Salle_XP-715_03.jpg.b88cd86439dd1f26d3f66485f7d1b467.jpg

Took a pic of this while in Flint this past fall.  How many XP's were there?

XP 810.JPG

• Like 2

XP-715 was the name assigned to the project.  The design team created the same basic car with different grill, headlight, and rear bumper treatments for all of the GM divisions except Chevrolet.  They were all concepts and I don't think any made it beyond the design studio. 

The XP-818, Silver Arrow I, was Bill Mitchell's private 1963 Riviera.  It came off the assembly line just lime any other Riviera but then Bill Mitchell took it over to the GM stylists and had it customized to his own personal specs (too many to list here.) The Silver Arrow I, as well as  a couple of other customized Silver Arrow Rivieras, have shown up at various Riviera Owners Assn. annual events.