I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

32 minutes ago, dei said:

A Limited trumps a Special.

IMG_1622.thumb.JPG.4fc420c70fc82ff278d4917a2b67dd29.JPG

there is something awesome in the top car of the brand for the year, but "Specials" are automatically" that" to begin with!

• Like 1

I really like this photo!  It shows a 1941 Buick sedan on Laurel Hill, east of Portland, Oregon, with Mt. Hood as the backdrop.  

Can you identify the model? I would say that it is probably a Super or a Roadmaster four-door sedan, model 51 or model 71. 

I imagine that the colors could be light green and dark green.

This is likely a publicity photo for the Oregon State Highway Department.

18367d7005402801a90b1d9cb1aba4ca.jpg

Edited by BuickBob49
Grammar (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Just a few of the things I love.

First and foremost,

Having my wife of 37 years married (and counting) in the car we dated in.

A very close second :o,

Having the Special "On The Road Again". 

And....

Having been a boater most of my life, enjoying the picturesque views remembering some of the great times cruising the Detroit River, Lake St Clair, St Clair River, venturing out into Lake Huron and the many adventures going to Put-In-Bay, Ohio out in the middle of Lake Erie with friends and family. 

That I miss now having sold the boat but...

I have my "Land Yachts" to keep me happy. :D

IMG_1649.thumb.JPG.1943841a8f0bf193afb9a2c0b5289d1f.JPG

Just before putting on the new top after another short storage period.

596a08fd169c4_1958BuickSpecial-July1983-pic3.thumb.jpg.44d7dadba72edf1b6c62145e2e3346a8.jpg

• Like 5

I got a chance to take a few photos of an area model tonight unexpectedly. She and I have been planning to take some photos of her with my 1937 Century sometime in the near future. She showed up tonight at an Art of the Automobile display by local automotive artist Joe Pepitone where my Century was on display. The lighting was not too good and I only had a phone camera with me but I got a few quick photos. I really look forward to our full photo session sometime soon.

IMG_20170721_190859514 cropped.jpg

IMG_20170721_190904330.jpg

IMG_20170721_190855761.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, retirednow said:

Not Joe Pepitone of  NY Yankees fame?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Pepitone

Different Joe Pepitone...

http://www.pepitonecreativeservices.com/

http://www.pepitonecreativeservices.com/Pdfs/HenningsAutoArt.pdf

Joe has been a Hemmings featured artist at the Hershey Fall Meet and is a member of our local Cape Fear Chapter of the NC Region of AACA.

• Like 1

Don't have a Buick to show but a piece of a 49? Grille in the upper right side of the photo. Wanted to share this historic photograph of a parts counter in my hometown of Santa Clara, Cuba. The story goes that Autos Nuñez was a local Chevrolet-Buick dealership loosing the Buick franchise circa 1950 or 1951 replacing the model line with Oldsmobile. Do not know why but would like to find out. Photo courtesy of a Mr. Tom Gibson. 

Mr. Administrator, feel free to move around if post do not apply here.

IMG_2621.JPG

• Like 1

1953 photo of Chevrolet-Oldsmobile dealership in Santa Clara, Cuba formerly a Buick distributor. There is a Buick in the background. Photo courtesy of Mr. Tom Gibson. Love the Art Deco style building.

IMG_2623.JPG

• Like 1

This is the best I could get for the address of the Cuban dealership, kind of hard to tell if the building is still present.  I don't think google maps cars are approved to drive Havana streets yet.  

cuba dealer.jpg

• Like 2

Kgreen, I think you are looking someplace else. Casa Nuñez, the distributor depicted on the pictures, is on the Town of Santa Clara which is the capital of Las Villas province now called Villaclara. The town is at the center of the province and right smack at the center of the island of Cuba. The place was in the corner of Ciclon (Hurricane) Street and Carretera Central (inter-Province Main Highway) this is the two lane 40's style main East-West corridor. Don't know if the building still standing or not but I will find out for my own curiosity. All I can tell you is that I never drove in Cuba since I left when I was 14 and now 63. I did ride a lot of bike then throughout the whole town and don't remember that site. Pity

16 hours ago, Elpad said:

Kgreen, I think you are looking someplace else. Casa Nuñez, the distributor depicted on the pictures, is on the Town of Santa Clara which is the capital of Las Villas province now called Villaclara. 

I plugged in the street address and was automatically placed in Havana.  Thanks for the clarification.  I'd sure like to visit Cuba before it get's re-americanized.

On 03/08/2017 at 4:18 PM, Elpad said:

Cuba is a Pandora's box

Here is another Colonial style building and a 50 Buick (looks like a Special) not sure

The picture may have been posted before 

E08FBFCE-5CE3-4C97-8939-DA562190F1B7-2692-000002C9D0169657_tmp.png

Hi Elpad ,  you sparked my interest as the car is probably a special ,but also with the term colonial style ,  as I had previously thought colonial style buildings referred to British mainly Georgian buildings which was the style when many of the colonies were set up , but your post prompted me to look further as I didn't  think Cuba was ever a  British colony ,  probably Spanish . So today I've learned that colonial style refers to the style of the mother country, not particularly British . Interesting photo particularly as I'm keen on architecture, should have known from the arches and decorative balconies,not British. 

Sorry to go off topic ,but it was the car that initially got my attention.? Thanks 

Let me insert this car here before we get kick out of this forum. We share same interests, old Buicks too, like architecture specially old buildings. In this pic you can see the arches and iron railings molded under Mediterranean tradition and a beautiful 58. Arches came to Spain through the Moorish occupation of the Iberic Peninsula. Yeap Cuba was briefly on English hands but they swapped for Florida in 1762 so not enough time to establish British architecture. So Spain was the mother land therefore Cuba as a Spanish colony thus the term Colonial

804C8994-E2BC-4096-B851-38B7DF04FE76-2214-000001FE0273FC13.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elpad said:

8785B96B-7572-4238-8A64-114ACFA6014D-2304-00000210129E2678.jpeg

Great picture , is it real , not photoshop, cars 50s American but  surroundings French ? Didn't think they imported that many or is this a French quarter ,perhaps New Orleans. That tower in the background intrigues me., only one Buick though, or is the green one a Buick too.?

7 hours ago, Elpad said:

8785B96B-7572-4238-8A64-114ACFA6014D-2304-00000210129E2678.jpeg

What is really interesting in this picture is the combination of body styles.  The Caddy, Pontiac, and Olds are the now infamous "Riviera" style (hardtops).  The Chevy is a convertible.  But the only one with people actually looking at it is the Buick, which appears to be a 4 dr sedan!

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)
  • Like 2