GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

6 hours ago, Dave Gelinas (XP-300) said:

Could we make believe that this is a Buick?

8a7c9f4e198cff751a1b06c495fe5eca.jpg

I noticed a CAMBER PROBLEM in the rear end,

... and the car's tires are crooked, too !

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, dei said:

I'm really squinting my eyes but can't quite see it....

Well ....

.... Just keep staring - at least until your better half gives you a "Regal" smack,

and I still think there is a CAMBER misalignment,

and the car's wheels look crooked also

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elpad said:

Hood ornament replacement. Once you are done looking just notice the non-Buick hubcaps

D27E97F8-B5CB-4EE1-A55C-323795BE76DF.jpeg

a "Nosed" '54 with pinstripes, and 1957 Cadillac wheelcovers (Hubcaps for those of us of a certain age)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

a "Nosed" '54 with pinstripes, and 1957 Cadillac wheelcovers (Hubcaps for those of us of a certain age)

Glad to acknowledge I’m one of those of a certain age!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RivNut said:

"Sombreros"

Sorry to be picky, and with all due respect to RivNut,

but the actual Cadillac Sombrero cap looks like this:

1949 Cadillac Sombrero Hubcap, Nice Clean Original 1941 1942 1946 1947 1948 1950

I once cleaned out a garage and scored a large quantity of wheelcovers, more than a hundred in all, and including twenty (20) New Old Stock 1957 Cadillac caps. While I only paid $100 for the entire garage stuff, the Caddy caps would have been worth $100 each. I took all hundred-plus caps to the flea market/swap meet at Petit Jean Mountain that June, and was selling the more mundane of them for $5/each - others for $15  -  $25, and the 4 NOS Oldsmobile 3-bar spinner caps at $50/each.

While away from our space to do some shopping (picking?), on my return with a Tandem 1941 Schwinn and a Klaxon horn, my wife was delighted to tell me that she had sold all of those "ones with the ribs out from the center", the 1957 Caddy caps - all twenty for $100, or $5/each (instead of $100/each). My fault - just ask her!  Oh well - win some, lose some ...

• Haha 2

On 5/12/2020 at 1:46 PM, RivNut said:

Marty,

"Sombreros" came in different styles for different years

These 56 Caddy wheelcovers are also considered to be Sombreros

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.fe03d333e783390ff234ac792e3aa393.jpg

RivNut,

Thank you,

Amazing that I learn stuff all the time -

and that is part of what makes the folks on our FORUM so special.

Soooo,

My 1954 caps are also considered a "Sombrero"?

1954 1955 Cadillac Hubcap/Wheel-covers With Emblems Used

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Speaking of sombreros...  I once heard a guy interviewed on the local radio who was height-challenged, and got hired to help at a bar for Cinco de Mayo, which is a big deal out here...  What he had to do was walk around the bar with a sombrero on his head, and it was filled with guacamole in the center, and tortilla chips around the outer end.  He had to work the room, and giving special attention to the ladies, he had a darn good time all evening!  

So that spare Cadillac wheel cover might be useful after all, come Cinco de Mayo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2020 at 1:17 PM, Marty Roth said:

Sorry to be picky, and with all due respect to RivNut,

but the actual Cadillac Sombrero cap looks like this:

1949 Cadillac Sombrero Hubcap, Nice Clean Original 1941 1942 1946 1947 1948 1950

I once cleaned out a garage and scored a large quantity of wheelcovers, more than a hundred in all, and including twenty (20) New Old Stock 1957 Cadillac caps. While I only paid $100 for the entire garage stuff, the Caddy caps would have been worth $100 each. I took all hundred-plus caps to the flea market/swap meet at Petit Jean Mountain that June, and was selling the more mundane of them for $5/each - others for $15  -  $25, and the 4 NOS Oldsmobile 3-bar spinner caps at $50/each.

While away from our space to do some shopping (picking?), on my return with a Tandem 1941 Schwinn and a Klaxon horn, my wife was delighted to tell me that she had sold all of those "ones with the ribs out from the center", the 1957 Caddy caps - all twenty for $100, or $5/each (instead of $100/each). My fault - just ask her!  Oh well - win some, lose some ...

I probably should have said that the ORIGINAL CADILLAC SOMBRERO looked like this 1949 model