GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

On 7/3/2020 at 10:24 AM, neil morse said:

Good guess, but after a little Internet research, I'm pretty certain it's Evelyn Keyes.  Check this out -- same outfit.  She was in a Columbia western, The Desperadoes, in 1943.

keyes4.thumb.jpg.10a1d54808ee2e758897fc319d92ba23.jpg

keyes3.jpg.2dc7c9ab3eb46f97ebfef4881b97e060.jpg

1734002044_s-l400(3).jpg.3da35cdc0bba0442a224b99769eaae64.jpg

2 hours ago, Elpad said:

A3E1E8AC-AD37-49FF-AF43-1FF2AF820C40.jpeg

Didn't we see this one a while back?

Nice to see both again

9 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Didn't we see this one a while back?

Nice to see both again

Probably, forgot to erase it from my  phone, found it and re-posted

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

Wow, neat shot! Daddies car perhaps? What a car to learn to drive on.

Keith

If you were "Daddy" would you tape that Tri-State sign on your trunk.  I thought just the opposite. "Why did I have to drive a Chevy station wagon when I took driver's ed?"

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RivNut said:

If you were "Daddy" would you tape that Tri-State sign on your trunk.  I thought just the opposite. "Why did I have to drive a Chevy station wagon when I took driver's ed?"

Well , scheese, Ed, I took driver's ed in a 1940 Chevrolet with MY MOM IN THE PASSENGER seat.😁

Wish I could do that again.

Ben

• Like 2

My senior high school year Driver Ed. cars were a '57 Pontiac Hydro-matic, and a '56 Ford with 3-on-the tree. One of the instructors paniced when I "jumped" a left turn to beat traffic - almost fluncked me, but calmed down later.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

Wow, neat shot! Daddies car perhaps? What a car to learn to drive on.

Keith

I had a slightly different reaction, which was -- "Wow, if that's a parallel parking test where she has to "park" the car without hitting those poles, she's going to have a hell of a time maneuvering that huge Buick with no power steering!"  So you guys might have been better off with the Chevys for your driving tests.  I took my test in a refrigerator white '63 Ford Fairlane with three-on-the-tree, one of the fleet maintained by the driving school my parents used.  I already knew how to drive, but they got a discount on the insurance if I took a driver's ed. course, so that's why I had to do it that way.

• Like 1

Olivia de Haviland, best remembered for Gone With the Wind, died yesterday at the age of 104.  Today the media posted a picture of her with her green 1935 Buick 66C convertible. Apparently she and the car were well known in Hollywood during the time.

odh.jpg.dc19eae38c69b07e9efd51773b0930c5.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

On 7/27/2020 at 4:28 PM, RivNut said:

Olivia de Haviland, best remembered for Gone With the Wind, died yesterday at the age of 104.  Today the media posted a picture of her with her green 1935 Buick 66C convertible. Apparently she and the car were well known in Hollywood during the time.

odh.jpg.dc19eae38c69b07e9efd51773b0930c5.jpg

There's a fun read about this online. Google Olivia De Havilland, buick.

Edited by NC-car-guy (see edit history)

Neil,

Though very nice, that has to be a "staged" shot.

Both the Buick logo's on the hub caps are horizontal and right side up.

Just like the knowledgeable folks do at car shows.

She WAS a classy lady !

Mike in Colorado

8 hours ago, RivNut said:

Easier to do with a cap than a full sized cover 😎

yeah with the full sized cover you have to jack up the car and take the tires off whichever corner has the lettering laying horizontal, then put that tire on the side to be photographed.🥴

10 hours ago, kgreen said:

yeah with the full sized cover you have to jack up the car and take the tires off whichever corner has the lettering laying horizontal, then put that tire on the side to be photographed.🥴

HUH?   Just jack the corner and and roll the wheel until the stem is DOWN. No need to remove.   I THINK!

Ben

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

HUH?   Just jack the corner and and roll the wheel until the stem is DOWN. No need to remove.   I THINK!

Ben

I see that my sense of humor isn't working and needs a rebuild, possibly just new gaskets.  Sorry Ben - I'll refrain in the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2