Retired #oldcarprincess

Congratulations on your appointment, and best of success in the career. 

Safe travels, but come back and join us as time permits.

• Thanks 1

Good luck with the new job. But just because you have moved, found a new job, and sold a few cars, doesn’t mean we don’t want your opinions, insight, help and humor. We old men need a good women to keep us inline. 

Have fun and take care of the ‘57’. 

Dave S 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations on your new career and job! 

You know where to find us when you need a break from work or some old car advice or to just check in to make sure we are behaving ourselves. :lol:;)

• Haha 1

"In her free time, Victoria enjoys antique cars, 

traveling and hiking with her dog," the announcement says.

I know you'll like a good new endeavor, Victoria, and 

find it refreshing.

Even your new employer has acknowledged your old-car interest.

Be sure to get out in the old car occasionally, and

take your dog for a scenic ride too!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Congratulations on your new job and we will see you this afternoon.

Yes, I will call you around 2 to check in as to what time works best to meet. I look forward to meeting you and your wife!

No worries guys, I intend to keeps tabs on y’all. I just won’t be on practically everyday like I have been. I still have the 57. She is in storage for now, but will be out this summer. Hopefully  @JACK M will assist to move her down here later this spring or summer. I am keeping the 63 Corvair Spyder Vert and the 48 Willys Jeepster for now as well.  I will definitely need some advice again in the future!

As @trimacar said, there have been good times and sad times, but it’s been an entertaining experience, thanks in large part to all of you who helped me through with encouragement and information. You will never know what everyone’s friendship and support meant to me when I was stranded in the middle of rural Texas, over my head with responsibilities. 

This position is exactly what I was doing, aside from the management and with a different title company, before I started helping my father. Aside from moving to a new area, it’s an easy and welcome transition. I do love helping my clients and my industry. 

Thank you everyone! 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

"In her free time, Victoria enjoys antique cars, 

traveling and hiking with her dog," the announcement says.

I know you'll like a good new endeavor, Victoria, and 

find it refreshing.

Even your new employer has acknowledged your old-car interest.

Be sure to get out in the old car occasionally, and

take your dog for a scenic ride too!

I’m not sure if I ever told you guys, but Patsy loves riding with the top down in the ‘57. I sit on her leash, since there are no seat belts to buckle her into.  I was afraid at first she might try to jump out if she saw a dog or something. She just sits right by me, happy as a clam! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

I'm not sure if I ever told you guys, but Patsy loves riding with the top down in the ‘57. I sit on her leash, since there are no seat belts to buckle her into.  I was afraid at first she might try to jump out if she saw a dog or something. She just sits right by me, happy as a clam! 

Enjoy your new career and your rides with Patsy!

My little malty-poo Rags, a 10-lb Alpha Male and the father of 32, all by invitation, rode with me for 15 years until I had the sad duty of putting him down on March 28 at age 17+4 months.  He was a veteran of eight Pierce-Arrow Society annual meets, at least as many Modoc Tours, and dozens of regional tours.  Here he is two years ago as an old man in my then-newly-acquired 1918 Pierce-Arrow.  To keep him safe, in open cars (except for the 1918) I used an old-time 4-foot leather leash with the loop end around the floor shifter.

20160221_163738resize.jpg

• Like 2

Victoria, I think your doing it wrong... your supposed to retire from business development or whatever that is, to being an old car queen. Lemme guess, you also moved to southern Oregon from Florida?!;):D congratulations on your new endeavor. I admire your work ethic. I bet a lot of people are on this forum MORE due to boredom on the clock

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations and best wishes with your return to your career.  We all feel like we know you and your dad very well, so please consider this your second home and maybe even your second career.  I can't help but think that were going to see you on one of AACA's tours someday. You'd be very welcome anytime.

Terry

• Thanks 1

Victoria,

A princess you are, but old I doubt it, and retired that remains to be seen. I've enjoyed your company, and admired you for your spunk and courage. Check in occasionally and let us know how you're doing. 

Sorry that we got such tepid response from AACA forum members in the PNW, regarding group activities.-Bill 

• Thanks 1

What! You are breaking up/leaving us. And doing it in an email, I thought we had something special.;) Glad to hear about the new job. You can never have a bad day at work if you are able to see that Skyliner sitting in the parking lot waiting for you to jump in and go for a drive. And what a conversation piece. I am happy that things are going in your direction.

• Haha 1

Congratulations on your new job, Victoria.  Congratulations also on successfully accomplishing something which must have seemed pretty daunting when you first looked at it.  Please do stay in touch, there are far too few women here.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dictator27 said:

Congratulations on your new job, Victoria.  Congratulations also on successfully accomplishing something which must have seemed pretty daunting when you first looked at it.  Please do stay in touch, there are far too few women here.  

Yes, I had many sleepless nights wondering how I would tackle it. I was fortunate the someone upstairs brought the right people, at the right time to help. I often have felt as though a guardian angle has been watching over me during this adventure. 

Thanks everyone, and no worries. I’m not leaving you all, just might be less active due to work commitments. 

No worries @Xander Wildeisen, you are not getting rid of me that easy! P.S. I believe that book is currently stored in a Pod somewhere. I may not find it until later this summer. 

• Like 2

Guest Mark McAlpine

Congratulations and best of luck on your new job, Victoria!  It was a pleasure following you on the AACA Forum.  It's obviously that you're an intelligent, resilient, and strong person with a great sense of humor (and a loving daughter).  I hope to meet you some day at a future AACA meet or tour.  Best wishes in your new job and home.  Keep everyone up to date occasionally on the Forum about your & Patsy's old car excursions.