BUICK CRASHES!!!

Guest imported_MrEarl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, kgreen said:

This is the type of accident where the displaced steering column can spear your chest.  Ouch

1 hour ago, JohnD1956 said:

I believe that woman is gone!  look at the bend in the steering wheel.  That's a very upsetting picture! 

As photos containing possibly deceased  persons may be disturbing to some, I have removed the image and will ask that such not be posted in the future. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

As photos containing possibly deceased  persons may be disturbing to some, I have removed the image and will ask that such not be posted in the future. 

Mr. Earl, I'll be the first to ask that the picture be returned. It is probably worth educating folks on how these cars fared in major accidents.  It is a fact of life,  and it was likely photos similar to these that have lead to the improvements we see in vehicles today.  Still, with the fact that many of these cars are on the road today, it seems to me that it is a good idea to let folks see just how much they need to pay attention to the risks when using our cars. 

• Thanks 1

I do not even remember if I posted the picture. If it’s the one with the 👮‍♂️ standing by the wreck,  I did not even pay attention to a body inside the Buick. I tell you this, if that is the picture, I imported from another website where it was published. When I took driver’s ED in HS they made us look at these type of photos to make us aware of consequences. I even saw these photos on State Patrol fair booths but I understand those were different times. These days almost anything is offensive to somebody else. I’m sure that was not the intention for whoever posted. If I was the culprit, I apologize. Unfortunately in my line of duty as a First Responder, I see this live in too many occasions, it is not pretty but is reality and I have learned to live with it. Please don’t drink and drive, stay un distracted and flow within the speed limit. Stay safe!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Elpad said:

.... When I took driver’s ED in HS they made us look at these type of photos to make us aware of consequences....

Back in '65 my HS Driver's Ed instructor, along with a guest MA Statie, made us watch "Death on a Highway at Any Speed" to "teach us a lesson". 

• Thanks 1

I personally see enough carnage and so forth on other social media sites and sorta like having a place like this that I can come to where I don't have worry about seeing it. But as some have pointed out there may be some benefit from seeing such and I guess the image isn't that bad, especially when compared to some of the "drivers ed" movies many of us were made to watch in high school (Signal 30 comes to mind as being the worse). So I will save my content censorship battles for something more worth the battle and will unhide the image.

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2019 at 10:21 PM, Elpad said:

According to the web this is not a crash but the aftermath of a flood in Lampasas, TX in 1957

F17392EC-FF98-4EBB-82CA-20E9BB55E7D9.jpeg

"Hey -- you got Cadillac on my Buick!"  :o

• Like 1

This was about 10 miles out of a town called Washtucna going westbound for spring break.. after getting off the phone with state patrol, I was advised to carry on if I felt the car was okay. She carried me 4 hours home without issue other than limited visibility and I made it in one piece. She's too important not to, I just don't know when I'll be able to. Im meeting with the insurance company tomorrow after I finish the incident report with the state patrol. We'll see where it goes from there, but from price matching online, it's going to require about 2k without paint. That whole corner is unbelievably mangled and I am not a metal worker nor do I have the tools or the shop. The itemized list I'm looking at includes driver front fender, hood, mustache, grill, grill emblem, bumper bib, inner fender and latch support. Vancouver, WA has two 56 Centuries, I just need to figure out if I'm actually going to get money from this or not. 

It was a 70mph collision with a 150lb animal. That's about 0.89MJ of kinetic energy. I do not think the animal suffered considering I splattered it Chris the highway and kart wheeled the catcher's 10 feet off the other side of the highway. I barely felt it and the only thing I could do before hitting it was get out "oh sh-". It was unavoidable, and would have otherwise totaled a modern car. I consider myself lucky it was a side front impact and the deer didn't go through the radiator core. The smell was awful for the first 2 hours back home. The car had red racing stripes down the side. Honestly, i'm surprised the deer's legs were still attached to the body. 

So sorry Ben about your troubles and as others have said, glad you were not hurt!

Looks like the Buick can be made whole again, keeping fingers crossed with the Insurance Adjuster. 

It certainly wasn't something you wanted to have happen with all the car has put you through but especially with messing up plans for a much desired Spring Break!

Keep us posted on your thread. Hang in there!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Beemon said:

You should have seen the other guy.

20190308_182042.jpg

Heart breaking! Glad you are okay! And I hope things work out with the insurance company.  

They should show this to other deer before they are allowed to cross the road! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

This accident brought about legislation that the semi-trailers needed to have a bar attached to the back on the bottom that would prevent cars from going underneath the trailer.  Some call those bars "Mansfield bars."

image.jpeg.81a09f42e1b6c5f53623f76a4e45c019.jpeg

There's quite a bit of info if you Google 'Mansfield bar.'