Cord. I bet its loud NOT MINE

There are a few of these left for dead Cord sedan bodies floating around. No one will touch them to do a restoration, they were all ready a parts car. That’s how they got in that condition. Better on the road in some form, instead of being crushed. Will be a tough sale, no Cord fanatic will buy it. Others will put money towards a vintage Ford.

• Like 4

“Ratrod” checklist

Suicide front suspension: check

Stupid painted text trying to be ironic: check

Uncomfortable seats: check

Suspension/structural parts so low that they will drag if you get a flat tire: check

Useless doo-dads attached for no reason: check

Spider webs welded on: none

This thing doesn’t even meet the required ratrod standards!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

But it does have the saw blade sunvisor!

I guess its as good as used for this mess than going to a crusher, but rat rods dont appeal to me at all. I appreciate the effort and that everyone has a different taste in cars, this one is just not for me. Theres a guy with a rat rod panel truck that goes to all the local shows. IMO its just about the biggest pos out there. Cobbled together is an understatement. There is always a large crowd of people when ever he shows up 😕

There are some amazing rat rods. If you want lump together a style of car. You have a top and bottom. Quality, styling, creativity, craftsmanship, overall design. I have seen “rat rods” that showcase unbelievable talent in the builder. I have seen rat rods that you would not want to drive any faster then you are comfortable crashing it at that speed. This style of car has allowed a lot of young people the opportunity to play with vintage cars, at a very low buy in cost. Gaining knowledge and improving their skills. Truck cabs, old suspension systems, frames and car bodies can all be bought for very little money. Salvage yards provide the drivetrains. And for a few thousand dollars, a person can be involved in the vintage car world. It is rough trying to play with classic cars on a limited budget. A lot of dreams are sitting on jack stands in a garage. Lacking the needed funds to move the project along.

• Like 2

Hit's gaht a big motor in it 'n big tahrs awn it!

Not my style at all, though it's not as goofy as some of the bro' trucks these days.  At least it's not belching diesel smoke from dual stacks.

My grouchy old man post for the day...

Edited by Dosmo (see edit history)

3 hours ago, 31 LaSalle said:

USE IT AS YOUR DAILY DRIVER  😀

I don’t know about that as Illinois roads are not very smooth and have potholes.  I would hate to be caught on a bump and be stuck on a pebble in the middle of the “car?” And then there is the old how do I get out after I fall in thing as well.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

I don’t know about that as Illinois roads are not very smooth and have potholes.  I would hate to be caught on a bump and be stuck on a pebble in the middle of the “car?” And then there is the old how do I get out after I fall in thing as well.

Depends. The closer you get to the city, the heavier the traffic, the more wear. I'm on the edge of suburbia and the roads are pretty decent. Last time I was in Tampa I wondered if I was in Chicago.

• Haha 1

I always heard these rat rodders would never consider someone else's build.  

Poor guy buys this and fellow rat rodders snub him...

Agree no harm no foul if otherwise discarded bodies and other parts are used - the one thing I have to say is you do not hear constantly how a rat rod fell apart on the interstate etc.  So hopefully most builds are roadworthy.

Agree, like pro street it is not an area I follow a lot (not that I cannot look beyond stock, I love trad hot rods, 60s/70s street machines and even appreciate the art of lowriders and those super clean but usually oveaccesorized "bombs".)

That said, I was next to a guy once who put tremendous effort into a patina paint job done to match coloring on a single part he pulled im a junkyard.  All I had to do to acheive a similar result was buy an A painted at least 60 years ago. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1