Quarantined from Hershey

Dandy Dave

I can't make it to the car show. Had a 102.6 temp last evening and the chills. 🥶 Went to the ER and tested positive for Covid. Quarantined at home. Going to miss seeing everyone and bringing the White truck to the show. ☹️ Sorry I can't bring you folks any photos of the event this year. 🤕 Dandy Dave!

On 10/6/2022 at 12:21 PM, Paul Dobbin said:

We've avoided Covid for 3 years and it's still around i

At least two of us caught it on the Sentimental tour including me.  and it had only been 4 months since my last booster.  Felt shi**y for 3 days but it took 2 weeks to get over the lethargy.  At least it is behind you for now.  This wont be over until everyone has had it and then it will probably mutate.  Get well soon.  From what I have heard this year was the Hershey to miss. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 1:21 PM, Paul Dobbin said:

We've avoided Covid for 3 years and it's still around in ever changing varients.

Same here, I woke up with a cough today and after reading this thread It entered my mind, since I was at Hershey since last Sunday and arrived back home yesterday afternoon. but I have no temperature. For now I will blame it on the only week of the year I still  smoke cigars (too many)

Feel better Dave

• Thanks 1

Everyone beware that this Covid crap is still around. Dr. said I had the omnicron variant. I've been fever free for around 4 or 5 days so I can venture out a little. Winterized the 1939 John Deere A yesterday and came in dead tired and just wanted to lay down. Temps below freezing is just around the corner so it was neccessary. This Covid has my head a lot more screwy than normal as I thought that I had already done it. My tip that I did not was the jugs of new antifreeze were still lined up along the running board of the 30 Model A Ford. I just replaced the block in the old tractor as the old one had a crack and was putting antifreeze in the oil. Runs now like it first did when I first restored it over 30 years ago. Tractors can be as big a money pit as an old car. I have way more in it than it is worth on the open market so we may just as well keep it and have some fun around the farm with it. If it makes my wife smile, that is all I need for payment. 😊 Dandy Dave! 

IMG_5024.JPG

• Like 2

Just got back from Hershey with sore throat and cough, difficulty breathing. Got tested positive for Covid.  This is my second time.           John

1 hour ago, 41 Su8 said:

Just got back from Hershey with sore throat and cough, difficulty breathing. Got tested positive for Covid.  This is my second time.           John

Oh lawdy John. 🤕 Feel better soon. Dandy Dave! 

• Like 1

I guess I'm glad I didn't go.  Sounds like some sicko's should have stayed home.    We still avoid crowds and gatherings.  We know some people who beleive it's all a hoax and they've had it twice.    Slow learners!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Paul Dobbin said:

I guess I'm glad I didn't go.  Sounds like some sicko's should have stayed home.    We still avoid crowds and gatherings.  We know some people who beleive it's all a hoax and they've had it twice.    Slow learners!

Yup, my son in law has not enjoyed any taste or smell for over a year now and still refuses the shot.

Thank goodness my daughter and grandson are smarter than him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Robert G. Smits said:

I had a cough for a day and a half before I became febrile.  Get a Covid test for the sake of people around you.

I went and got tested today, tested negative, just real bad cold. I was not going to mess around at all. I already tipped off the people I was around 'just in case' Thanks for the concern

• Like 1

I wanted to go but didn't feel too good. We went instead to something closer here in Europe. Just arrived in Budapest and developed Covid. 4 days in the hotel with high fever, no taste, then it got better. Here in Europe it spreads big right now. Luckily it is not as dangerous right now. 

• Like 2

I'm quarantined from Hershey by about 10,000 miles of ocean :P

There's been some pretty nasty stuff that's not Covid that was floating around here during winter that took plenty of our teams out at work - we've had our 4th shot (not yet a lizard person either) and will organise the omicron booster once we're eligible 

We still order our groceries on line and go to the store and they load them in the trunk.   We've been to a few car shows and avoid

the crowded areas.   Outdoor stuff is OK if careful.   Our third Booster is due next week and we hope to be good until they get a

better one.   Masks?   Yes, because the doctprs offices still require them.  We use them in stors too.

• Like 1