Post a picture of a Pink car from the old days..

nick8086

When I was 13 I painted my bike pink.

It was a color that no one would ever think of painting a bike or car.

At 18, I painted my 33 coupe purple!👨‍🦳

3 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

I bet it never got stolen, even when you forgot to lock it!

Craig

Actually, it did get stolen,  why I was at church!  (Recovered the same day, abandoned!)

Edited by Roger Walling (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

If Cadillac's "dusty rose" from 1957 can be considered

pink, then my Fleetwood 4-door hardtop is actually a

2-tone pink.  The top is a lighter shade called "mountain

laurel."  Liking cars that are a bit different, I bought

this car because of its unusual paint scheme.  Normally,

a Fleetwood would be painted in more conservative colors.

Here is a picture.  It was originally owned by a doctor and

his wife in Oregon, and I figure it may have been her car:

1957 Cadillac--mine at 2014 Latimore 1a.JPG

1957 Cadillac Fleetwood--mine 2021 (14).JPG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Roger Walling said:

When I was 13 I painted my bike pink.

It was a color that no one would ever think of painting a bike or car.

At 18, I painted my 33 coupe purple!👨‍🦳

Way back in the Stone Age when I was a young automotive tech student, several of the guys had problems with their personal tools sprouting legs. One of them painted his tools pink and never had a problem again.

I engraved my name on all mine plus had a "you touch-a my tools, I break-a you face" sticker on my box. Not that anyone wanted my garden variety cheap stuff! The boys who had the most problems were the ones whose folks had bought them tool truck sets.

45 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Way back in the Stone Age when I was a young automotive tech student, several of the guys had problems with their personal tools sprouting legs. One of them painted his tools pink and never had a problem again.

I engraved my name on all mine plus had a "you touch-a my tools, I break-a you face" sticker on my box. Not that anyone wanted my garden variety cheap stuff! The boys who had the most problems were the ones whose folks had bought them tool truck sets.

My honey's cousin was a contractor and did the same thing. He STILL has some pink tools.

20 hours ago, GregLaR said:

1972 Playboy Playmate of the Year, Liv Lindeland won this 1972 Pantera.  Originally White when purchased by Playboy Enterprises, it was resprayed "Playmate Pink".   The car still exists today but has been so heavily modified as to be completely unrecognizable as the same car.

381_portada_liv_lindeland.jpg.b2e765128b1f45e61aba8f68c83f7c2b.jpg

Is the slang term for a Pantera Panty?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/5/2022 at 12:00 PM, Pfeil said:

This is another SO car. Special order cars have a SO tag next attached next to the data tag. This particular car was Harly Earl's wife's car, a 1959 Pontiac Catalina with Bonneville / Star Chief rear taillights and a Bonneville interior. She probably wanted a Catalina because they were 7" shorter (all in the trunk) than Star Chief and Bonneville and probably easier to maneuver and park. Note; 1959 Bonneville and Star Chief would not fit in many garages of even relatively new homes of the 50's.

My SO Catalina just fit (with the garage door closed) my parents garage, a Bonneville would have never made it.

image.jpeg.123a4f7eb2b4ae6f45476c4de393386c.jpegimage.jpeg.489d863681c3937160e924a28e92b551.jpegimage.jpeg.c1fc602c3d0972d3573d2fcc80496473.jpeg

Pink color notwithstanding, Sue Earl's SO '59 Catalina convertible was conceptually what the 1961 Oldsmobile Starfire and 1962 Pontiac Grand Prix would be: i.e. take the shorter wheelbase series body, add styling features from the upper series plus a few unique details, outfit the interior with the sporty upper series items, install the higher horsepower engine and voila!  Give it a uniquely evocative model name, apply a premium price over the car it was based on...then cry all the way to the bank!  GM marketing was extremely savvy in that era.

3 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

Which one? We have had 2 pink Ramblers.

61ram1.jpg

61ram13.jpg

Ambassador please. I had a 61 back in the 70’s and after all the work I put into it was talked into giving it to my college student brother by my Mother as he was broke.  The trans went out and before I could even make an attempt to get it fixed he traded it off for $100 off on a car that was not worth $100 to start with.  One of the dumbest automotive mistakes I ever made. And this said by a guy who made a lot of dumb automotive mistakes. Of course this is only wishing as I have no more room or money to invest in cars. And the Real Boss would have a stroke if I even mentioned the idea.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

Which one? We have had 2 pink Ramblers.

The one without the ugly deck-mount antenna.  I have a '63 Studebaker G.T. Hawk with the same.  When it gets turn to restoring it, that ghastly thing is coming off the trunklid and relocated to the front fender.  I never cared for cars that had the single rear antenna on the decklid when they were new, I still don't like it today.  And some modern cars look even worse with a short rubber stalk as used on the Chrysler Sebring convertible.

Craig

3 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Pink color notwithstanding, Sue Earl's SO '59 Catalina convertible was conceptually what the 1961 Oldsmobile Starfire and 1962 Pontiac Grand Prix would be: i.e. take the shorter wheelbase series body, add styling features from the upper series plus a few unique details, outfit the interior with the sporty upper series items, install the higher horsepower engine and voila!  Give it a uniquely evocative model name, apply a premium price over the car it was based on...then cry all the way to the bank!  GM marketing was extremely savvy in that era.

At first, Pontiac called it VENTURA

Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, Pfeil said:

At first, Pontiac called it VENTURA

Indeed, they did, Ventura was proof of concept, then it was perfected in the Grand Prix.  The dropping of the four-door hardtop version and the application of specific styling features jelled the identity of the Grand Prix as a unique model.

27 minutes ago, John Byrd said:

Hey, no one has posted a pink bike that I've seen, and this bike of my wife's is an antique by the rules (72 model), so how about this ?

The pink writing on this bike could describe her well!

Craig

IMG_2927.JPG

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1957Birdman said:

DSCN3649.JPG.196d2341b1c0e704398cccfb3590ef3b.JPG

Dusk Rose (light pink) 1957 Ford Thunderbird photographed at Classic Thunderbird Club convention in Knoxville, Tennessee in 2018.

Lew Bachman

1957 Colonial White Thunderbird

That almost looks like Coral Sand, but I have a Ford in that color and it looks different depending on lighting. 

At a local cruise night, a good fellow who is also a Packard enthusiast brought his wife's 1959 Rambler Six Super four door hardtop.  She requested a pink Rambler for her old car, he searched and found one of the scarce 2,683 four door hardtops built that year.   Rambler buyers weren't much for buying hardtops, this body style was only 2% of the 1959 Rambler Six Supers sold.  His wife selected the shade which is a bit more intense than the factory-offered pink but she is pleased with it. 

Angelica, NY 7-'21 h.JPG

Angelica, NY 7-'21 i.JPG

Angelica, NY 7-'21 k.JPG

On 1/6/2022 at 2:13 PM, 58L-Y8 said:

Indeed, they did, Ventura was proof of concept, then it was perfected in the Grand Prix.  The dropping of the four-door hardtop version and the application of specific styling features jelled the identity of the Grand Prix as a unique model.

Adding a four-door version again in the Gen. 5 in 1989, however those cars and the ones to follow weren't really Pontiac's IMO.

12 hours ago, kuhner said:

This a 1956 Coral Red.

I think VW had this from 1956 thru 1958. Story is it was not a popular color in the day.

278D401E-17C1-4D7A-A8FC-8B409752C49C.jpeg

Coral Red Beetle

Models 113, 114, 117, 118
April 1956 up to July 1957, from Chassis No. 1 173 573 up to 1 600 439

August 1957 up to July 1958, from Chassis No. 1 600 440 up to 2 060 331   GET Coral Red

Models 151, 152 - see brochure
August 1957 up to July 1958, from Chassis No. 1 600 440 up to 2 060 331

Get Inca red

Models 111, 112, 115, 116
August 1958 up to July 1964, from Chassis No. 2 060 332 up to 6 502 399

Get Ruby Red

August 1958 up to July 1959, from Chassis No. 2 060 332 up to 2 528 667 Get Garnet Red

I always called that colour Cambell's Tomato Soup!!

Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 8:35 AM, rocketraider said:

Do you remember when the Snap-On guy would give out the stickers for your rollaway that said " I make my living with Snap-On tools, please don't ask to borrow them"?

I do. But the Snap-On truck rarely stopped by the tech school back then. Guess he knew most of us were broke college boys! The fellow who took over the Snap-On route in the mid 80s was better about that, and George Sieg genuinely liked seeing young people succeed.

The Cornwell truck stopped by about every week though. Since Mr Gennaro died we haven't had a Cornwell jobber. He was another good man who did what he could to help young folks succeed. These two men made an impression on many a young wrench. One of them bought Sieg's franchise when he retired.

To take it back to topic, "Happy Snappy" Sieg was also a snappy dresser who would sometimes wear a pink Snap-On polo shirt or pink socks! I miss the man. Showed us what a good and successful businessman could be.