Holliday Season Pick Me Up........please post them.

edinmass

I’d guess the weight difference between a Baker and today’s Tesla must be huge, hence the really good range on the Baker.  Cool old ad, for sure!

For some holiday cheer, don’t miss this other recent thread.  Folks are doing amazing things with cars and decorations… or in my case, of course, a bus.  And a lot of decorations!

CD61B8D1-16D2-41E7-8FCA-54A08F85F833.jpeg.15392892271969e27f52d49dd21fd4b5.jpeg

-Steven

Edited by Brill_C-37M_Bus (see edit history)
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, V16 said:

image.jpeg.e522ea42547fdc081bd9faf924b673e7.jpeg

Just got this one in the mail yesterday! 👍

Merry Christmas! Thanks for the Packard heater! 👍👍

50 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays and don't forget your tree!!

Gee, there must have been a big difference between the 1964 and the 1965 Lincoln. I had a 1964 with hubcaps of course and no wide white walls or tree on top and it wouldn't do that!!!!!!!!!  haha

2 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

@hook, I think this one has been modified, been a couple years since I stumbled on this guy's videos.  I love the dog in the back if you look closely.  Bet he knew what was coming! 😁🐕

Yea altered. Also the 65 had disc brakes on front, drums rear. So loosening the rear would allow the fronts to hold good till the rear are smokin good. 

• Like 1

From the front:

[I think the front was the Macedonian Front, perhaps Salonika, according to someone better able to decipher the abbreviations]

Those I recognize are:

1. W.D. = War Department, common marking on British Military vehicles in World War One
  2. PEERLESS = one of the greatest workhorses in the transport field during the Great War, the U.K. alone imported 12,000 Peerless Trucks for military use between 1914 and 1918
  3.  M.T. COY = Motor Transport Company
  4. A.S.C. = Army Service Corps, group formed by the Brits to accomplish ship unloading and quartermaster duties 
  5. somewhere not in Blighty =  "Blighty" originally from the Urdu bilayati (foreign land) used by Indian WWI troops; slang for England; or going back home due to a slight wound

1608524765296blob.jpg

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 4