Old car bargains from around the Web

7 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Just go ahead and build the big barn.  You will never have enough money to buy another car so you won't have to worry about running out of space ever again. ;) 

Ask me how I know. 

Which is why I just keep adding on to the old dairy barn that was on the property.   :)      The old milking room is now my brewery and the cow stalls was turned into the wood and metal shop.  Concrete one year then I went out one side and built room for three cars, then out the back for 2 more a few years later the same way.  Now finally putting up the new shop so I have room for a lift.  Just a little at a time as I begged and scrounged materials at work.  Here is a hint for guys building on a budget.  I build schools and hospitals for a living and know all the other trades very well. For one, most commercial roofing companies have stacks of unused metal roofing that is left over from jobs sitting in the yard. (makes excellent walls too) They are more then happy to let it go at a bargain price rather then having it sit.  A simple two car garage can be roofed real cheap.  5 years ago I got enough to do a 4 car garage just for taking it off our job site. They didn't have a fork lift to load the truck so a deal was struck and I just loaded it for them on my trailer.  Other trades work the same way.  When it is left over it is just a pain in the ass to store. No two jobs are the same so it will sit until scrapped to make space for the next pile of leftovers. It has already been sold for so recouping anything is a plus for them. Color's don't match?  Paint it.  The barn in the pictures above is pretty easy construction. 

Depends on where you live and what your house is as to how or what you should build for a shop.  That's the reason I built what I did.   A rural area with a modular and you can go for whatever works, a more expensive neighborhood or area where you might be in a touristy type setting and you may have more limits that require you to build something that is in keeping with the house.   Remember you have to keep the Zoning and building depts. Happy. 

Kudos if you can do it on the cheap with left overs.  It just wouldn't work where we live.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:55 PM, auburnseeker said:

Boy that's got some pretty bad rot coming through.  Almost looks like a flood car or just ravaged by the good old northeast.  First photo didn't look too bad though. 

I couldn't see it because the ad expired.

This one's pretty bad, too, but would sell if it had a title, a VIN plate, and was a 1965 Shelby Mustang 350-H.  🙂

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

That Buick looks like a great deal, although it would be nice to know what kind of mechanical shape it's in.  The dash looks to be in excellent shape, and the rest of the interior as well (assuming no rodents, that is). 😄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since a post here so i thought I would post my 4600 dollar 63 Dodge 880 Custom bargain I just bought to keep the thread going.  I wanted an old Dodge for going back and forth to work, readily available parts that I could tinker on.  These shared about everything with the Chryslers at the time and also the Polara's.  Receipts for Rebuilt trans, carb, fuel pump. Think I see new/ rebuilt distributor, new wires, master.. BUT like all bargains they need help.  How many scary things can you see in this picture?  HA   Claimed as a inherited car that he lost interest in.   I think I did good.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just stumbled across this.  If it was any closer I would be going after it.  About the cheapest intact A I have seen in a long time in this price range.

This one has to be a deal.  YEs I know you can buy a pretty nice one for 10G but this is $4400. I remember when they wanted that for a shell with patch panels a few years ago. 

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/d/assonet-1931-ford-model-barn-find/6961302846.html

1931 ford model a 2dr sedan barn find needs paint and some work to get it running first $4,400 no title call  show contact info
. 1928 1929 1930

00I0I_gVb1Ht8BqjU_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_964ZxRPWx2B_600x450.jpg

00606_c1YHZRdYZEo_600x450-1.jpg

00n0n_aJzW1WE9NG_600x450-1.jpg

00X0X_8GOt4bn3YDh_600x450-1.jpg

01111_5muuuJpXPI5_600x450-1.jpg

• Like 1

That's what I thought.  If I wasn't 6 hours away,  I would be on the road.  Seems every nice car I found or bargain I could make a buck on is atleast 4 hours away.  I have one I'm semi serious about,  but that's out on Long Island.  Far enough I would have to take the Ferry from CT to go look at it,  but it is one of the cars on my bucket list in , what looks like good shape at a reasonable price.  Of course that's probably a 6 hour ordeal each way as well. We'll have to see how good it really is.  I'm sill waiting on really good photos.   Unfortunately  it's not an Auburn.  I don't have the funds to play in that toy room yet. 

1 hour ago, mercer09 said:

so holding back on the  "good stuff"?

:)

actually I would run for that A , if I wasnt busy next week going to OH for a woodie wagon..........

Of Course.  If I post every good deal on here,  How am I going to get one myself?  

Really only one though.  I'm not sure how good a deal it is yet until i see the photos. 

I'll give you a hint it's not prewar :(  but it is pre Muscle car :) 

That should narrow it down a bunch. ;) 

The No Title depends.  In NY it's not impossible to get a clear transferable registration as long as you have a good clean vin on the car and you are pretty sure of the history.  Fresh out of a barn from the owner who has had it the last 20 years or more,  you are probably pretty good,  especially if it's not a Ferrari or some rare big block Vette.  A model A without one bought this way wouldn't bother me too much.  Now if you are buying it off a flipper with no history and it's at all a desirable car,  then I would shy away. 

• Like 1

Nope not a Mopar,  though the right one could easily fill a vacant garage spot.  No photos yet so I'll have to bug the guy for some more.  I have seen the pretty overall photos,  I want the dirty nook and crannies photos.  They tell more than the pretty overall shots. 

One more clue ,  it's a convertible.  I haven't had a new old ragtop in several years.  

wondering what's going on with that CL model A?

wrote guy this morning and he said he will take 4000. right now

but its listed on ebay and over 4600.........................

Picture Information

1931-Ford-Model-A

• 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 1
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 2
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 3
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 4
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 5
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 6
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 7
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 8
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 9
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 10
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 11
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 12
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 13
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 14
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 15
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 16
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 17
  • 1931-Ford-Model-A thumbnail 18

Details about  1931 Ford Model A

1931 FORD MODEL A BARN FIND COOL NEAT CAR

Seller information

100% Positive feedback

Item Information

Condition:
Used

Time left:
Time left: 4d 08h

Monday, 9:51PM

Current bid:
US $4,655.00
9 bids ]

Place bid -
Resume bidding, if the page does not update immediately.

Enter US $4,705.00 or more

100% positive feedback
51 watchers

Get low monthly payments | get an instant decision

Order an inspection from WeGoLook | Learn More

Shipping:
Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping  | Vehicle shipping quote available

Item location:
Taunton, Massachusetts, United States

Ships to:
Local pick-up only

Payments:
Full payment is required within 7 days of auction close

I saw it on ebay last night.  Sounds a bit strange,  but maybe he knows ebay all and well,  and 4000 cash is better than a 6000 phantom bidder that is MIA when it comes time to pay. 

Not a jeepster,  though I did see what looked like a decent one, not as nice as yours for I think it was 4500 or 5500 and it ran and drove.  I probably should have posted it here,  but Not every bargain makes it here and it may not really be a bargain,  just reasonable priced as I'm sure you saw when you posted yours,  there are alot of crappy ones for near 10 that need everything. 

• Like 1

Randy- Like your thread. People might look at the HHfranklin web sight; a real steel for a 25 Franklin that a person paid for a start of restoration on a 1925 Franklin and has for sale at $7000.

Motor alone cost more than that to get rebuilt. frame modification is completed, nickel plating started, body  looks and ugly interior(my opinion) like its a prior restoration. Looks like some one restoration update on a nice driver to begin with. Body is sitting on chassis.Take a look.. I don't know how to get sight on here.

Mike for Patrick

On 7/5/2019 at 11:56 AM, auburnseeker said:

Understand the project end.  I wouldn't have posted this Franklin but it does look promising in an attractive style and isn't a field car like some of the others discussed.  I think the price is $2340 but that's an odd number.   It's also listed under antiques and not cars so most people won't find it there.  I only found it doing my morning Literature search for my business because it comes with a bunch of literature / repair manuals.  

hello
Is the Franklin project still available?

Randy- Like your thread. People might look at the HHfranklin web sight; a real steel for a 25 Franklin that a person paid for a start of restoration on a 1925 Franklin and has for sale at $7000.

Motor alone cost more than that to get rebuilt. frame modification is completed, nickel plating started, body  looks and ugly interior(my opinion) like its a prior restoration. Looks like some one restoration update on a nice driver to begin with. Body is sitting on chassis.Take a look.. I don't know how to get sight on here.

Mike for Patrick

I enjoy watching this guy on youtube as he has an every day approach to driver cars on a budget and is in it for the fun. Very entertaining.  He just posted this show about his walk through of a yard in SD he used to work at with cars for sale. Lots of Buicks.  Good mix of 70's through 40's.  Parts car deals.   

3 hours ago, mercer09 said:

so the blue A tudor sedan brought 7100. without a title. not bad, if it indeed gets sold...........

See I knew it was a deal when I posted it.  

It is kind of annoying when I see a car listed on craigslist with a price,  then on Hemmings with a price and again on ebay with bidding all in the same day.   I guess it won't be available when it finally makes it into print.  I can see marketing it on the fixed price outlets,  and even Ebay as a fixed price listing,  but it makes it confusing when you have it on all three or more,  sometimes even with conflicting info. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I only post based on what I see.  Any real interest needs to investigate further.  It passed the initial long distance perusal.  No major rot, could be made to look decent without a full resto and hopefully driven, priced well below other examples I have seen for sale.  That's the only criteria I use. 

• Like 1

300 Looks fairly complete with a decent price if anyone's in the market for a 65 project. They also have a 64 in their inventory for the same price. 

https://www.dvap.com/project_car/1965-chrysler-300-2-door-ht-65cr2177d/

1965 Chrysler 300

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

If some one does indeed take this one on I have a parts car. Will sell whole car, (it could be made to run).

It has the fender trim that this one is missing and is in good shape as is just about all of the trim.

BB I see that you already found your pump.

• Like 1

Now this could be a deal if you wanted to take a chance on the engine.  Though not "valuable" would still be a great car to get into the hobby.  Very nice looking for the money.  Just look at the interior and especially the dash.  Lots of bang for your buck.  If it really is a head gasket,  that's not a big job.  Do a valve job while you are in there and you would be good to go if it's not more serious. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1941-Chrysler-Windsor-Series-4-Door/264463320593?hash=item3d933e0611:g:pd4AAOSwv-JdYuNe

41 Chrysler windsor sedan for 6900. OBO. 

I even had one of those glove box doors in alot better shape but can't recall if I kept it or wholesaled it off when I sold my shop.  Anyone here buys the car let me know and I'll look.  If i have it,  it's yours. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

Maryland is the wrong side of the country for me, but this should make the next owner a nice car - the overdrive and hydraulic brakes make it a pleasant driver - though maybe that’s my Chrysler bias.  Even if the motor is totally gone, there are very affordable replacements out there.  ...now if anyone has a stash of ‘42 Chrysler Windsor interior pieces, I know a 19 year old with a big project.

Here’s the eBay posted YouTube link:  

I currently have a Buick, but I'm a huge MoPar fan, having previously owned a '48 Chrysler Windsor 4-door, very similar to the car in question.  I think that's a screaming deal for anyone who wants to get into the hobby.  It's very rare to find a '41 with dash plastic that is that nice, even with the flaws it has.  And the rest of the original interior is fantastic.  Those old MoPars just run and run and run.  Someone should jump on that one.

• Like 1