auburnseeker

Old car bargains from around the Web

so the Model A was bought by someone in Boston and is relisted on ebay. no title and cracked block.............

so maybe it wasnt such a bargain after all............

wtd to bring this post back up!

I only post based on what I see.  Any real interest needs to investigate further.  It passed the initial long distance perusal.  No major rot, could be made to look decent without a full resto and hopefully driven, priced well below other examples I have seen for sale.  That's the only criteria I use. 

• Like 1

If some one does indeed take this one on I have a parts car. Will sell whole car, (it could be made to run).

It has the fender trim that this one is missing and is in good shape as is just about all of the trim.

BB I see that you already found your pump.

• Like 1

Now this could be a deal if you wanted to take a chance on the engine.  Though not "valuable" would still be a great car to get into the hobby.  Very nice looking for the money.  Just look at the interior and especially the dash.  Lots of bang for your buck.  If it really is a head gasket,  that's not a big job.  Do a valve job while you are in there and you would be good to go if it's not more serious. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1941-Chrysler-Windsor-Series-4-Door/264463320593?hash=item3d933e0611:g:pd4AAOSwv-JdYuNe

41 Chrysler windsor sedan for 6900. OBO. 

I even had one of those glove box doors in alot better shape but can't recall if I kept it or wholesaled it off when I sold my shop.  Anyone here buys the car let me know and I'll look.  If i have it,  it's yours. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

That is a nice Chrysler. Head gasket is an easy fix, if that is all that is wrong. Great car for the money.

Maryland is the wrong side of the country for me, but this should make the next owner a nice car - the overdrive and hydraulic brakes make it a pleasant driver - though maybe that’s my Chrysler bias.  Even if the motor is totally gone, there are very affordable replacements out there.  ...now if anyone has a stash of ‘42 Chrysler Windsor interior pieces, I know a 19 year old with a big project.

Here’s the eBay posted YouTube link:  

• Like 1

I currently have a Buick, but I'm a huge MoPar fan, having previously owned a '48 Chrysler Windsor 4-door, very similar to the car in question.  I think that's a screaming deal for anyone who wants to get into the hobby.  It's very rare to find a '41 with dash plastic that is that nice, even with the flaws it has.  And the rest of the original interior is fantastic.  Those old MoPars just run and run and run.  Someone should jump on that one.

• Like 1

100 bucks probably not worthy of the post lol, now a 750 or better thats worth noting cheers 

Good Luck on the Sale could be a nice deal for someone

2 hours ago, thehandleman said:

100 bucks probably not worthy of the post lol, now a 750 or better thats worth noting cheers 

Good Luck on the Sale could be a nice deal for someone

well it was originally listed for 8600 and I received a notice from ebay (watch list) of the big drop. I very SINCERELY apologize for not going back to the very first post and see that it had already been updated before I made my post.  Can you ever forgive me for wasting your time ?

What a coincidence, I know this car. A friend of mine purchased it at Carlisle in 1981 or so. He drove it to my home near York, PA and I worked on it for a few weeks to do some needed maintenance and have new tires installed. This car was all original and it looks virtually the same now as it did back then. I especially remember the small area worn through the driver's side running board rubber mat, my friend told me it was caused by the old lady who originally owned the car stepping on the same place every time she got in or out of the car. I do not recall the dashboard plastic being distorted back then.  After I finished working on the car, I drove it without incident down to my friend's home in Maryland. Sure is nice to see it again, it brings back some good memories. Hope the car finds a good home.

• Like 4

I'm not a 4 door man,  but being it's so original,  boy it's got a sort of magnetism to it.  If I had a bunch of extra money I didn't need I would buy it and just play with it. Unfortunately if i spend any of what I have,  it will leave me short for the next car I'm really looking for.  Time to start playing the lotto again so I have a little more of that play money. 

• Like 1

The Studebaker has an alternator and a 12 volt battery.

I originally started this thread with an eye on the low end price field. While this is still low,  Triple what I was originally thinking of the 3G starter car,  one would be smart to beg and borrow the extra money to buy this Chrysler if they were serious.  This thing is spectacular for a buy it now of $10,500.  Even though Mopars of this era aren't hot,  that is cheap and it's a good looking tudor hardtop,  HPOF type car.  Good thing it's in FL and not up here or I would be going to look at it.  That's good because I think I really want an early 30's car. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264477654629

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

I am sucker for late 40's and early 50's mopars.  They just seem pushed off to the side for some odd reason.   You can really get one cheap and start in the old car hobby with a dependable workhorse. Can find parts everywhere.    I just found this one close by (To close to pass up)  for well under the 3G starter car price. Make a good parts chaser and back and forth to work a few times a week. Was a 2 owner car till 2015. Was given to a shop to have the brake system rebuilt and when completed the grandson of owner number 2 did not want to pay for the 1600 for the job so he "sold" them the car for the price of the work. The shop owner then sold it to his friend just to make a few bucks and then I found it up for sale again when that person didn't like driving a standard. I would say a true bargains-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

That would be a good beater for the price IF you just couldn't scrape up anymore.  (better than most stuff i have seen at that price or even twice that)  I still say borrow the difference though and buy the Chrysler.  That's a very special car in the shape it's in.  That's a tudor hardtop,  which is pretty unusual for that year for 4 door sedan money. 

• Like 1

If 60's Mopars are your thing.  Check out this 66 New Yorker.  Looks very clean.  With a days detailing would probably sparkle and at 5500 negotiable pretty cheap for an east coast car. Probably could easily get it between 4000 and 4500.   Of course it's on Long Island.  (why are they all on the island?)

https://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/d/huntington-chrysler-1966-new-yorker/6988290219.html

CHRYSLER 1966 NEW YORKER -GARAGED VERY GOOD CONDITION - $5500 (HUNTINGTON)

CHRYSLER 1966 NEW YORKER - 2 DOOR: GARAGED FOR OVER 10 YEARS, VERY GOOD CONDITION
APPROX 60, 000 MILES, STARTS AND RUNS

MY HUSBAND HAS 3 OTHER 1960 CARS AND BOUGHT THIS ONE OVER 10 YEARS AGO ALTHOUGH WIFE TOLD HIM HE DIDN'T NEED ANOTHER CLASSIC CAR. HE KEPT IT GARAGED FOR 10 YEARS AND DROVE IT ONCE BECAUSE HE HAS NO TIME. FINALLY, HE SAID TO WIFE, "I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT, I NEED TO SELL THIS CAR." AND THERE YOU HAVE WIFE KNOWS BEST! PRICE NEGOTIABLE AND LOOKING TO SELL...

00N0N_gA1BPwJuAJK_600x450.jpg

00N0N_kMg0p931bfe_600x450.jpg

00606_iacKs0rfSpz_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

The 1950 Chrysler Newport is beautiful. There are a lot of nice affordable cars out there.

On 9/25/2019 at 6:23 PM, r1lark said:

This might be a bargain if you can get it for about $2000:  https://sierravista.craigslist.org/cto/d/bisbee-1947-studebaker-champion/6971292631.html

From Arizona................

1stude.jpg

1stude2.jpg

If you haven’t driven one — these postwar Studebakers are GREAT driving cars.

I owned a 1952 Studebaker for just over 30 years. It had sat out in Michigan weather for 10 years when I got it around 1985 so the body was never worth restoring — but mechanically it was flawless (of course I never really appreciated it the whole time I had it).

Eventually I gave it to a coworker who expressed an interest in it. He took me for a nostalgic ride in it and remarked, “You know, this really rides like a modern car!” I thought about that and recalled that I could always take sharp curves at 5mph over the suggested cautionary speed with it. My dad had a nicely restored ‘55 Chevy Bel Air - had to take the same curves at least 5mph BELOW the suggested speed — felt like the body would just turn right over.

Planar front suspension I think they called it.

Very nice driving cars. My ‘52 had the new for ‘51 V-8, but Studebaker was so broke that the 6’s like this one weren’t really much different — essentially the same car.

This car would be a lot of fun for someone, plus it doesn’t have the Korean War era chrome mine had (which was thinner and was pitting on the dealer’s lots in ‘52 — the major reason I never restored that car.)

God I wish I still had that ratty old car....

13F1C98B-5C4A-4318-A1C5-78B7194BA266.jpeg