auburnseeker

Old car bargains from around the Web

If it was a fully restored NAsh it would be quite a bit overpriced,  being it's all original there are guys that pay a premium for that.  Look at the 58 Cameo with the smashed in roof that sold for over 100 grand.  

• Like 2

I agree with the others about the price of the Nash. It might seem high but I think the outstanding condition justifies the asking price. 

• Like 1

I finally found a new bargain for the day for the New Be. Ok it's not exactly one that will quicken the heart or that many will lust after but looks like a pretty clean priginal car by the small interior details and $3000 OBO is about as cheap as they come even with 4 doors. 

Look at how clean the dash looks and the front passenger compartment.  Might be a survivor.  Looks like the original floor matt.  Chrome looks pretty good as well. 

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/1950-ford-custom-sedan/6930004323.html

1950 FORD CUSTOM SEDAN - $3000 (cliffside park)

I am selling my Ford Custom. It is a 1950 sedan. It was built in Edgewater, New Jersey. It houses a V8 239ci engine and a manual transmission. It has 48,321 miles. I took some pictures to show you guys. I am motivated to sell and open to offers. Please call or text if interested.

00s0s_5dm50t9i3b7_600x450.jpg

00v0v_k6RRBGs447H_600x450.jpg

00j0j_2DLpbry878C_600x450.jpg

00v0v_k6RRBGs447H_600x450-1.jpg

00e0e_SSfmSe8V8D_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

Here is another but it's a long shot as it doesn't have much information.  Could be a dud.  Not my type of car either as a 62 Chrysler is among my favorite styles but not the Imperial.

Still $3300 is about as cheap as an old running and driving car can get. Could be a nice survivor.  No Photos and little details. 

https://scranton.craigslist.org/cto/d/sparta-1962-chrysler-imperial-crown/6930391752.html

1962 Chrysler Imperial Crown - $3300

Beautiful Collector car, good daily driver, call 201-693-7488

Edgewater NJ...............about 20 minutes from my house. A great entry level car for the price!

• Like 1

I was hoping to steer away from the 25G cars back to the more affordable stuff for the new members looking to get their feet wet without breaking the bank.

Most anyone can scrape up an extra 3G over the course of a couple of years if nothing else.  Tax returns are often larger than that for many people. 

• Like 1

Here is one i posted over on the wanted section for the guy looking for a 64 Tbird.  

This one was just listed for $4200

For that it doesn't look too bad. 

Though the 1/4 window chrome looks kind of pitted so a good personal inspection would be necessary to see what shape the car is really in. 

https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/rochester-1964-ford-thunderbird/6932039175.html

Car has solid and straight body. New paint with black interior. Needs minor repairs. Has always been garaged. Call 508-763-2199

00T0T_4aAcvbmGXMo_600x450.jpg

00A0A_kTteOYxwxUO_600x450-1.jpg

Says it's not running because of the starter.  So there is a gamble.   

It is a mopar though and they usually have pretty bullet proof drivetrains. 

• Like 1

ALREADY SOLD AND THE BARGAIN OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully some 17 year old is going to have a bad ass ride for his upcoming senior year.

• Like 3

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a flipper and you'll see it for 6500 or more in a week with a new $100 starter.  Hopefully it was as mentioned someone getting into it.  I would have been in tough shape if they had Facebook and Craigslist when I was a kid looking for old cars.  All we had were print publications,   that were printed over 100 miles from my house so all the good deals were gone on the second day when distribution reached our local markets. 

I even remember more than once driving 60 miles to get a $1.25  book just so I didn't have to wait until day two to get it.  I can 't remember if I ever actually bought anything because of it,  but atleast it felt like i had a chance. 

This is want I was hoping to find but remember guys act fast.  

If I'm posting them they probably aren't going to last real long.  These are the bargains. 

We used to have a free delivered ad sheet called oddly enough"Then Advertiser" that came to every home and apt in our county and later beyond.  Anything legal could be listed for a small fee and I mean anything.  It showed up on Wednesday and if you were looking for anything, car, house, tools what have you it was the best place to look and often at a bargain price. I found several cars there and even sold a couple as well. Finally disappeared when the Net really took off.

• Like 2

All we had were print publications,   that were printed over 100 miles from my house so all the good deals were gone on the second day when distribution reached our local markets. 

ANYONE REMEMBER tRADIN tIMES????????

In Mass the Want Advertiser was delivered to convenience  stores starting Tuesday early through the day.  You needed to know who was early in the list and make the phone calls by 10:00 AM latest. I bought my first Shelby that way 30 years ago.  I was 3rd caller, so I got to see it it 3rd, but first to offer full price which was 10,500.

• Like 1

Back in the print ad day I never had a problem getting there first or second, the problem was no money. We sure did look at a lot of cars. It proved good practice for my later years. Lots of miles and memories. I sure wish I had brought a camera back then. So many interesting cars we came across. I still see some of them today at shows, and have bought one of them thirty years later. 

Here is a contender for today.  Not a huge bargain but not terrible money for a new be to get into the hobby.  Looks like seat have been incorrectly reupholstered and the chrome is a tad dingy but you could have a lot of fun in it still. 

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/hollis-1954-buick-special/6932930844.html

1954 Buick Special - $3900

67k original miles, solid body, decent interior. Starts runs and stops, NH title. Nice 50's cruiser. Extra parts, books, and manuals also available. Calls only no email or text. Call John at 603-759-1695

00505_7TKhDt9KGcB_600x450.jpg

00C0C_30cUYCRAgWy_600x450.jpg

00P0P_ehnza9YcHtZ_600x450.jpg

00J0J_4mYOrGuFTtv_600x450.jpg

00V0V_fNnEnE7kxiU_600x450.jpg

00f0f_duGzr1TGtuH_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

looks like a screaming bargain to me! I am always in shock when guys want 20k for a similar 4 door in better condition, but not insanely better.......... many listed here at AACA.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I think there is a mystique that because we are car guys and online here, somewhat knowing what we are talking about, then we must be the rich collectors that just salivate with open wallet at every old heap,  regardless of how bad it is and we just have to have it. 

Not realizing many of us are carred up and cashed out as it is. 

Honestly I think the Buick is a bit of a bargain if it runs real well with good brakes and serviceable tires,  but what is one really worth in this shape?  I would guess a normal selling (not asking)  price might be 1500 to 2 grand more. 

Isn't it funny that probably half the old cars that aren't restored have a 40 year old snow tire in the back for a spare,  regardless of what the other tires are?

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 4

That paint on the A looks like it just needs some extra love.  My Roadmaster was that dreary before a few hours of work.   About the same color too.

I polished paint on my first A shortly after purchasing it.  Pro who owns a small restoration shop had looked at the car before I did and passed on it, partly due to the finish.  He thought I had the car painted!!  Gool old fashioned rubbing compound and a couple of afternoons!!!

• Like 2