Jump to content

Paying it Forward


MrEarl
 Share

Recommended Posts

Have you ever noticed that the happiest people are usually givers and not takers.

 

Cleaning your garage, have something you don’t need or just want to make someone’s day by gifting something to them? Or maybe you’d like to go help someone install an engine or rear end or something. Offer it up here. 

 

”Do Good and Good Will Come To You”

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Back in January, Steve Fowler (new to the forum) posted that he needed info on 1913 Buicks to help with the restoration of his grandfather's Buick. 

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/321324-1913-buick-model-24-literature-information/

I have owned a 1913 Model 31 Buick for many years, and have acquired lots of information and resources that Steve needed to restore his car.  So, I emailed all the digital files I had on 1913 Buicks along with some of useful Buick websites. 

 

The other day, an unexpected package arrived with two jars of delicious jam & jelly and a small loaf of chocolate chip banana bread.  In the bottom of the box was a hand written thank you note from Steve.  I don't know how Steve knew I was so fond of banana bread and berry preserves, but What Lamar says is true.  And it is even more  rewarding to give to another giver like Steve...

Thanks,

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

'39-'40 Horn Center Clear Lens

 

Bob's Automobilia sent me a very wrong part this week -- I had ordered a lower radiator hose for my '41, and they sent me this little plastic lens that apparently fits in the center of a '39 or '40 horn button.  As I said, very wrong! 😁

 

https://bobsautomobilia.com/dash-and-steering-control-items/horn-button-center-lens-1939-40-hl-390/

 

I called and they said they would send me the hose, and when I offered to return the lens, they said don't bother.

 

So I will happily mail this item at no charge to any '39 or '40 owners out there who want it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, I figured out how Bob's got it so wrong.  Apparently, they have a dyslexic shipping clerk.  The part number for the hose I ordered is LH-390.  The part number for the lens is HL-390. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome thread, Mr. Earl! I have a storage room full of Model A and V8 Ford parts that I'm not using and trying to turn them into money is just going to take too much time. If you come to my shop, I will give you any two parts of your choice, up to and including a complete flathead V8 engine (I have two long blocks and I'm going to keep the one that you don't take). I'm not going to try to identify everything or ship it, but if you want some parts that probably have value, come and look and you're welcome to take any two things you want. Most of the small parts are 1935 Ford, but big stuff has wider applications. I believe the exhaust manifolds are Chrysler 340 but might be small block Chevy, I don't remember anymore.

 

That's the deal. I'm not boxing and shipping anything, but it's free if you can come get it.

 

You can also hang out and look at cars all day if you'd like.

 

Here's just some of the stuff:

 

DSC_6899a.thumb.jpg.e041dc61aa9789ee3aee2e1f22c0e233.jpg DSC_6842a.thumb.jpg.9ff5b37e06b9282a8459dfcb56c08055.jpg DSC_6860a.thumb.jpg.f75c3e273387a4d1ba5789ac7c96a419.jpg

 

DSC_7045a.thumb.jpg.82d75dd16df1b1a63df678e3e250273b.jpg DSC_7053a.thumb.jpg.c838f9885665d51c1a13c335c147f8d8.jpg DSC_7013a.thumb.jpg.efd72520b7a3b7629f8594ad7fe7c07f.jpg

 

DSC_7137a.thumb.jpg.f426c2b8f9073eacf49fa51006c58a32.jpg DSC_7093a.thumb.jpg.f8ed7dd83a2b4626ff930ba898c5be77.jpg DSC_7103a.thumb.jpg.5e2a2f4d8c6e9bb17a0388d4dce95b4e.jpg

 

DSC_7200a.thumb.jpg.67a31a36c4a87c0f4d10387499d6ccfc.jpg DSC_7194a.thumb.jpg.4ec7200a56e3193f7e7efce2c6391f23.jpg DSC_7112a.thumb.jpg.2babf59fc45b7086da964560dd37c9b4.jpg

 

IMG_7517a.thumb.jpg.e96fa3dabed7e40c71b7a571b1d9d735.jpg DSC_9294a.thumb.jpg.12c47785c65b76f704da1859c5a93968.jpg DSC_6934a.thumb.jpg.00fc558c2abbc5d65d94e136feca852a.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2019 at 9:04 PM, Matt Harwood said:

Awesome thread, Mr. Earl! I have a storage room full of Model A and V8 Ford parts that I'm not using and trying to turn them into money is just going to take too much time. If you come to my shop, I will give you any two parts of your choice, up to and including a complete flathead V8 engine (I have two long blocks and I'm going to keep the one that you don't take). I'm not going to try to identify everything or ship it, but if you want some parts that probably have value, come and look and you're welcome to take any two things you want. Most of the small parts are 1935 Ford, but big stuff has wider applications. I believe the exhaust manifolds are Chrysler 340 but might be small block Chevy, I don't remember anymore.

 

That's the deal. I'm not boxing and shipping anything, but it's free if you can come get it.

 

You can also hang out and look at cars all day if you'd like.

 

Here's just some of the stuff:

 

DSC_6899a.thumb.jpg.e041dc61aa9789ee3aee2e1f22c0e233.jpg DSC_6842a.thumb.jpg.9ff5b37e06b9282a8459dfcb56c08055.jpg DSC_6860a.thumb.jpg.f75c3e273387a4d1ba5789ac7c96a419.jpg

 

DSC_7045a.thumb.jpg.82d75dd16df1b1a63df678e3e250273b.jpg DSC_7053a.thumb.jpg.c838f9885665d51c1a13c335c147f8d8.jpg DSC_7013a.thumb.jpg.efd72520b7a3b7629f8594ad7fe7c07f.jpg

 

DSC_7137a.thumb.jpg.f426c2b8f9073eacf49fa51006c58a32.jpg DSC_7093a.thumb.jpg.f8ed7dd83a2b4626ff930ba898c5be77.jpg DSC_7103a.thumb.jpg.5e2a2f4d8c6e9bb17a0388d4dce95b4e.jpg

 

DSC_7200a.thumb.jpg.67a31a36c4a87c0f4d10387499d6ccfc.jpg DSC_7194a.thumb.jpg.4ec7200a56e3193f7e7efce2c6391f23.jpg DSC_7112a.thumb.jpg.2babf59fc45b7086da964560dd37c9b4.jpg

 

IMG_7517a.thumb.jpg.e96fa3dabed7e40c71b7a571b1d9d735.jpg DSC_9294a.thumb.jpg.12c47785c65b76f704da1859c5a93968.jpg DSC_6934a.thumb.jpg.00fc558c2abbc5d65d94e136feca852a.jpg

 

Seriously!?! Did you forget to take your meds this morning dude?  That is indeed quite generous Matt!!  👍

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If someone wants to stop by  (Lake George NY) I have some 37 Buick stuff.  I bought a parts lot of Buick stuff and sold off the most desirable stuff for my business (mostly the NOS stuff)  but there is still some good trinkets left.  I would really like if you took it all.  There is an NOS floormatt that has a few cracks at the edges  but is still soft and usable for 1937 Buick specifically with the Jute backing,  Some park light remnants bodies etc. A pair of complete but not pristine headlights though they aren't trashed either.   a bunch of parts for such.  A bunch of smaller little service related parts.  I'm sure other stuff I'm forgetting.  Atleast a few boxes of stuff all from the same lot.  

If I look around too long I might have stuff for other cars as well.  I'll have to look.  We all seem to save too much crap that just languishes in boxes. 

I also have an NOS 4 lug wheel for an early 50's Studebaker Champion with the part number still painted on it.  Still mostly factory primer.

Brake backing plate for 1929? Cadillac. All blasted and painted.  A lever action shock for the same car but I think it's stuck,  though it's nicely painted. 

All free but you have to pick them up.  All my stuff is stored inside.  Not rusty junk from a snow bank.  Much is left over from when I sold good used and NOS parts.  I wholesaled out a bunch of stuff, but somehow still ended up with stuff.

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2019 at 2:19 PM, auburnseeker said:

 

If I look around too long I might have stuff for other cars as well.  I'll have to look.  We all seem to save too much crap that just languishes in boxes. 

 

 

Tell me about it.  I sold my Javelin in 1993 to buy my Wildcat and I still have a bunch of Javelin / AMC parts.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, jan arnett (2) said:

While you are at it anybody have any Moon stuff.  I also have a complete ( its apart) 1930 Canadian Buick touring Cheap, cheap, make offer.

 

What part of the world are you in?  I know I shouldn’t ask....

 

I’m not sure, but I think there may be a Moon in a collection near here.  It doesn’t mean there would be any parts.  I recall he has some unusual stuff like Case and Brush.  It’s all pretty early in that collection.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:04 PM, Thriller said:

 

What part of the world are you in?  I know I shouldn’t ask....

 

I’m not sure, but I think there may be a Moon in a collection near here.  It doesn’t mean there would be any parts.  I recall he has some unusual stuff like Case and Brush.  It’s all pretty early in that collection.

 

The gentleman who might have a MOON do you have a name and contact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jan arnett (2) said:

The gentleman who might have a MOON do you have a name and contact.

 

I did at one point.  I should be able to get it again.  I’m having coffee with a local car club member on Wednesday and will check with him.  Give me a bit of time and I’ll see what I can do.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

‘FREE 55 Buick body parts and bumpers

A perfectly straight hood with surface rust for super/RM

two doors for a special two door post model 48, drivers is very straight, passenger has large dent across the middle 

front and rear bumpers for spec/century with extra bullets plus a grill and two grill center cross bars

all stuff is salvage yard quality, rust, dents all that 

also a glove box door for same models 

I’m in Tulsa Oklahoma, will not box up, pick up or make all arrangements 

171D8C2E-8BC8-4293-9717-E838F68D1D09.jpeg

F17586D9-9ED6-40F0-A5C2-D426DFF13594.jpeg

Edited by jw1955buick
Additional item (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Assortment of seat skirts, timing covers, antennas and fuel pump cores. Free. Pay shipping. I need to clean this place up. Save me the trouble of shipping and bring your truck? I'll give you more than you can carry. Harmonic balancers, spindles, engines, steering boxes, bumper brackets, vent windows, starter cores, air cleaners, crank shafts, etc.

20191129_152934.jpg

20191129_151328.jpg

20191126_165800.jpg

20191123_093844.jpg

20191123_094017.jpg

20191123_094309.jpg

20191126_164723.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...