Painfully Slow site

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

I know it has been discussed for some time - but is there any solution in sight for the UBER slow and dragging performance of this sight? Signing in sometimes is a painful wait. Have tried it from many area's and different devices and it's all the same so it's not my computer or carrier that is the issue. Thanks for any update.

I know it has been discussed for some time - but is there any solution in sight for the UBER slow and dragging performance of this sight? Signing in sometimes is a painful wait. Have tried it from many area's and different devices and it's all the same so it's not my computer or carrier that is the issue. Thanks for any update.

Roger that..................Bob

Guest my3buicks

Could this possibly be addressed/answered by the powers that be - this was a serious question, and a known issue for some time. Thanks

Yep, we're real slow over here too, this site and the Studebaker Drivers club sites are the only ones though. We also have Time Warner, and they have warned everyone that there will be some problems with sunspot activity. Perhaps........???

Guest Al Brass

It was slow for me until last time I was on (about 4 hours ago) when I noticed it was not suffering the earlier problems. I thought it was fixed but it is back to dead slow again now.

Al

Very sporadic for me. It was super slow yesterday and this morning. Very fast now. I know that this is not my connection as I have a 50mbps pipe as it is a business line. I will say that is, by far, the slowest site I visit. If it is a new server we need, I'd be very much in favor of a fundraising event. Maybe a T-Shirt for $25 or just Pay-Pal donations. If you need me to organize this, I think the speed of the site is perfect and I have no complaints. ;)

Guest Rob McDonald

Ahh, we're all a bunch of 21st Century candya**es. When I first started in this hobby, I was a member of BCA, the National Woodie Club, and Packards International. I enjoyed corresponding with other enthusiasts through the Letters to Editor pages of the club newsletters. It would typically take two or three months to get a reply. Not exactly real-time interaction but it did give one time to compose a good letter, albeit without the richness of research that www's provide us now.

Don't think for a minute that I'm pining for the Good Old Days of snailmail. With the internet, humans have taken the biggest evolutionary leap since opposable thumbs. We now all share a giant common brain, each of us able to reach into the grey matter of amenable people anywhere in the world. I'll take a slow website any day, compared with getting a papercut on my tongue from licking a danged envelope.

The club has received several proposals for new servers with substantial upgrades. We did have some issues in recent weeks that have been resolved that may have contributed to the current server's performance. It is anticipated that an upgrade will be made in the next few months. However, as you can see there is a wide variety of experiences with people using our site. Many of the "speed" issues are beyond our control and are individual in nature.

Not needing to mention this, but the figures below demonstrate that this web site is not exactly a one-horse town (an old southern expression :) ) operation, either.

gallery_stats.pngAACA Photo Gallery Statistics

<DL><DT>Categories</DT><DD>98</DD><DT>Images</DT><DD>31,292</DD><DT>Comments</DT><DD>1,664</DD><DT>Total Views</DT><DD>20,049,577</DD><DT>Disk Space</DT><DD>11.36 GB</DD></DL>

forum_stats.pngAACA Forums Statistics

<DL><DT>Threads</DT><DD>204,887</DD><DT>Posts</DT><DD>1,060,731</DD><DT>Members</DT><DD>58,233</DD><DT>Active Members</DT><DD>2,666</DD></DL>

I've never experienced a problem with this site using my PC over either hardwired highspeed connections or Verizon broadband wireless. I participate in about a half dozen automotive forums and this site usually is not a problem from a speed standpoint.

I will say that the mobile version on my Android is painfully slow, however.

• 3 weeks later...

Though I have not had the severe slow problems others reported I must note that the site on my system is even faster than in the past. I do not know who or why however if the AACA personnel had a hand in this "thank you very much".

Peter J.

I never see much of a speed problem. It may be my reading style rather than anything else. I tend to open a new tab for each topic I want to read and only when I have opened all the new topics I'm interested in do I start reading the individual tabs. This gives time for threads to load while I'm still browsing, only when I have to go to second page or open an image do I have to wait.

Guest my3buicks

11:30 PM Eastern time and it is as the heading read PAINFULLY slow, but it sounds like they are working to resolve the problem in the near future so we will deal with it, the wait will be worth it I am sure.