Autumn Buicks

JohnD1956

• 10 months later...

Unfortunately, its that time of year again, but there are a few remaining nice days to get the cars out.  Mine get put away and driven sparingly in the winter, so I got the Electra out to burn off some old gas and top off the tank with non-ethanol 94 octane for the winter.  A couple of pictures from down the street.

tn_IMG_2218.JPGtn_IMG_2219.JPG

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

Not to go overboard on this, but I was disappointed in yesterdays pictures in terms of clarity.  Tried a new setting on the camera today. 

DSC04434.JPGDSC04438.JPG

See now you're just rubbing it in our face....  :-)

• Like 2

We've got the remains of Typhoon Songda coming through our area on Saturday... expecting significant rain and "damaging" winds.  This will be the 3rd of 3 storms coming through with the first one last night and the second one to start overnight tonight with high winds and up to 4 inches of rain tonight and tomorrow.  Buicks are all put away and covered tightly.  Won't be many leaves on trees after Saturday!

17 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

Doug, hope the weather does not result in any damage.  I know the west needs some rain, but these monster storms are scary! 

Thanks John, hopefully California gets some of this, but the "bomb" (as the local weather forecasters are calling it) is heading right for us.  We should be fine with the rain, we get so much that the creeks and drains can handle it, but it's the wind I worry about, lots of big evergreens that sway pretty good.  Storm watching:  just one of the  many benefits of living on the Wet Coast!

• Like 2

Not in a way of fall colours, here is a photo of our 1913 Buick model 31 at Lancaster, Pa for the Hershey Hangover (a pre '16 tour) last week. Mostly still green surprisingly.  Gary

DSC_2801.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

John,

I am sooo jealous of your fall colors...  all green here

Don't be too jealous Matt.  By the time your's start to change, I'll be raking up all mine here! 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2016 at 6:46 PM, JohnD1956 said:

Don't be too jealous Matt.  By the time your's start to change, I'll be raking up all mine here! 

Not only that, by the time you are raking yours in NC, they will be shoveling their driveways of snow in NY.

• Like 1