JohnD1956

Autumn Buicks

Not to go overboard on this, but I was disappointed in yesterdays pictures in terms of clarity.  Tried a new setting on the camera today. 

DSC04434.JPGDSC04438.JPG

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

Not to go overboard on this, but I was disappointed in yesterdays pictures in terms of clarity.  Tried a new setting on the camera today. 

DSC04434.JPGDSC04438.JPG

See now you're just rubbing it in our face....  :-)

• Like 2

Winds came up here. There's not much for leaves left on the trees in the country. Things are a bit more sheltered in the city. Perhaps I will be able to get a photo or two with the Wildcat before putting her away for the winter. 

• Like 2

We've got the remains of Typhoon Songda coming through our area on Saturday... expecting significant rain and "damaging" winds.  This will be the 3rd of 3 storms coming through with the first one last night and the second one to start overnight tonight with high winds and up to 4 inches of rain tonight and tomorrow.  Buicks are all put away and covered tightly.  Won't be many leaves on trees after Saturday!

Doug, hope the weather does not result in any damage.  I know the west needs some rain, but these monster storms are scary! 

17 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

Doug, hope the weather does not result in any damage.  I know the west needs some rain, but these monster storms are scary! 

Thanks John, hopefully California gets some of this, but the "bomb" (as the local weather forecasters are calling it) is heading right for us.  We should be fine with the rain, we get so much that the creeks and drains can handle it, but it's the wind I worry about, lots of big evergreens that sway pretty good.  Storm watching:  just one of the  many benefits of living on the Wet Coast!

• Like 2

Not in a way of fall colours, here is a photo of our 1913 Buick model 31 at Lancaster, Pa for the Hershey Hangover (a pre '16 tour) last week. Mostly still green surprisingly.  Gary

DSC_2801.JPG

• Like 3

Took Goldie out to stretch her legs today.  Beautiful 70+ degree day!

IMG_0661.JPG

• Like 10

5 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

John,

I am sooo jealous of your fall colors...  all green here

Don't be too jealous Matt.  By the time your's start to change, I'll be raking up all mine here! 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2016 at 6:46 PM, JohnD1956 said:

Don't be too jealous Matt.  By the time your's start to change, I'll be raking up all mine here! 

Not only that, by the time you are raking yours in NC, they will be shoveling their driveways of snow in NY.

• Like 1

On October-23-16 at 4:39 PM, JZRIV said:

IMG_3904A.jpg

That is a very nice colour.

Cal.

• Like 1

On October-18-16 at 9:24 AM, JohnD1956 said:

10/18/16

Electra 10 18 160008.JPGElectra 10 18 160009.JPGElectra 10 18 160013.JPGElectra 10 18 160014.JPGElectra 10 18 160015.JPG

Even the colour of the Electra is autumn coloured.

Cal.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

DSC05052.JPG

LOVE THE CAR / SHOT! :)

(the snow, not so much :o)

• Like 1