Autumn Buicks

JohnD1956

Well, the Wildcat went out to the country place today and got put away for the season.  It was a nice drive...mix of sun and clouds today.  The yellow / green shrubs in the background are some of our semi-sweet cherries.  Since we had trees go down this summer I've been spending a bunch of time with the chainsaw.  Today was a cleanup day...can you tell the ash from the Russian olive? :rolleyes:

20161030WildcatIMG_2475.jpg

20161030FirewoodIMG_2477.jpg

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Time to resurrect this thread.  We don't get the spectacular colours that some of you get, but I thought I'd try to capture some of the red with Saphira, along with a bonus poodle (my vision is to get a Riviera, dye her topknot and make her "my little red Rivi airhead").  Also Rita...we get a lot of wind in the country, so the leaves don't necessarily last long.

IMG_3719.JPG

IMG-3285.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Great minds think alike.... I went out this weekend to get some pictures specifically to resurrect this thread!  It was a bit cool (wife put on two sweaters) but she endured the trip with the top down.  Basically drove around Vancouver looking for some nice leaves but with how cold my wife was, I thought I should keep it within a 10min drive of the house.  Here are some of the shots I was able to get with the Electra with some fall colors!  A friend down in Tacoma Washington also posted some fall pics with his 67 Wildcat, and with his permission, I've reposted a couple  here. 

tn_IMG_3208.JPG

tn_IMG_3212.JPG

tn_IMG_3214.JPG

tn_IMG_3218.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)
  • Like 13

The colors haven't really arrived here in SW Ontario but will a corn field do ? I posted these on Me and MY Buick but they fit here too.The '25 is just getting it's legs back after a 37 year slumber.

Jim

1925 Buick ready to show ! 002.JPG

1925 Buick ready to show ! 004.JPG

• Like 16

Yours too Ben! You take awesome pictures in an area that piques my interest but I may never get to explore otherwise. Same with the others who post here. There is beauty everywhere and my thanks to all of you who share it here and elsewhere in the forums. 

• Like 4

Great photos all!  We are running out of good days this fall, and expecting several storms to roll through this week, so Sunday was likely the last nice day for awhile.  Given the "on the road" insurance for the wagon will be expiring shortly, I decided to get it cleaned up and ready for a few months in storage.  Once clean, I took the opportunity to burn some old fuel and run around looking for colorful autumn shots.  These are all within the city limits of Vancouver...

tn_DSCN3576.JPG

tn_DSCN3585.JPG

tn_DSCN3591.JPG

tn_DSCN3594.JPG

tn_DSCN3599.JPG

• Like 9

Probably the last run for the Electra until Spring.  As if the car knew, it decided to strand me for a few minutes on the side of a busy highway with not much of a shoulder!  Was able to get it restarted after 10min or so and made it home without any further problems.  Not sure why it stalled, but nothing like losing power doing 60 mph on a busy, windy mountain road!

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG

• Like 3

We took a day trip down to the Lake of the Ozarks today to try and catch some fall foliage but the sun was hiding behind the clouds so the colors wouldn't pop. Still got a couple of shots of some reds, yellows, purples, and oranges. 20171104_135747.thumb.jpg.560e96dfa3b561096f987b6df2bfc809.jpg20171104_171516.thumb.jpg.820f2daa45bf89c6839d60ad158a8cf8.jpg

The 2nd picture shows you why the wakes on the lake make water skiing difficult. ?

Ed

PS - you'll notice the picture was taken from the passenger's seat rather than from behind the steering wheel.  My wife is capable of taking pictures as well as I am.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Definitely Autumn around here now, but today is “moving day” as my sister needed help moving to her new place. I thought I was too old for that, but family is family I guess. The wagon did most of the heavy lifting anyway. Here’s a quick stop at a familiar location to snap a photo and revive this thread. 

A9E25D68-EC90-4494-BBA7-0DFA3EBEAA32.jpeg

Edited by dmfconsult (see edit history)
  • Like 7