Autumn Buicks

JohnD1956

Nice Photo JD. However, the Catskills in no way compare to the mountians in the West. There is snow on them there hills in July and August. In fact it never seems to go away. 90 F in the valleys, and cold enough to keep the snow on the peaks every season. I want to go back...Specially to the Hot Springs out there. Dandy Dave!

Berta, I was on Route 10 between Cobbleskill and Delhi, about ten miles south of Cobbleskill. I should have taken a wide angle shot here but it probably would not have helped cause there is nothing but this view for 180 degrees at this spot. I'll have to check those mountains Dave mentions next summer. Meantime today was a beautiful day here and I found a spot to snap these

x

tn_img_6032_original.jpg

x

tn_img_6027_original.jpg

x

tn_img_6033_original.jpg

x

tn_img_6037_original.jpg

x

tn_img_6038_original.jpg

Nice. And the 56 is out Front... :cool: JD, when you get out West, you will be dazzeled. Expecially if you take Rt. 80 though Donners Pass. Given the terrain in that area, those folks were really determined. Even building the modern highway was quite an undertaking. Be sure you have no less than excellent brakes. A lot of places it is best to down shift and let the motor hold you back. Truck pulloffs are every few miles so that they can cool their brakes off. Passed by an 18 wheeler being winched out of a ravine. It did not look good for the driver. Dandy Dave!

WOW, those two top shots are awesome. Could you please email them to me so I can use one as a screen saver.

Beautiful pictures. Maybe Mr. Earl will photoshop Terry in there for his screensaver, and we can all use it ???????

Kevin,

A great looking "Cat". I think that metallic bronze is the same color that my '65 Riv was. Always loved that car. Even @ 9mpg.

Grasshopper

Guest my3buicks

post-30591-143142252093_thumb.jpgThought I would try the twist of not colorful leaves but certainly fall color - these were taken from my front yard. My only regret was there was no sun to make the Flame Orange POP. I added a sunny day photo to show the difference the sun can make.

post-30591-143142251025_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142250892_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142250918_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142250944_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142250962_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142250985_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143142251005_thumb.jpg

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

John - that car is extremely classy...Buicks from the early / mid 30s sure had some great styling.

The comments about sun are interesting. I understand Keith's point about some colours and the impact that lighting has on them. At a local car club meeting years ago (over 15), we had an automotive photographer speak. He took shots as close to dawn or dusk as he could - low light eliminates the glare that will come from shiny surfaces. I like to do that or photograph on overcast days to eliminate the extra shine. I think it generally makes for a better photo, although one isn't always entirely happy with how the colours look.

Keith, that is a great location! And just the right composition too. The Centurion looks like it's ready to ride in those pictures.

And that Lake Ontario photo is superb Bernie. I just love that lake from where you are.