JohnD1956

Autumn Buicks

Guest BJM

My 1990 Reatta in front of the Presbyterian church on a drivable fall afternoon.

post-43249-143139225766_thumb.jpg

XP-300, Great looking Buick. Love the car color and the settings.

YOU, did GOOD!

Dale in Indy

Thank you Dale for the compliments.

The Fall is my favroite time to take the car out for a drive.

Guest BJM

Yes this is a great thread idea, we should do it every autumn.

Guest BJM
Went to an All Auto and Truck Show in Canton, MA today (10/20/12). As you can see, we don't have peak colors quite yet...should happen within the next 7-10 days, though.

That's such a nice car. ALL the cars in this thread are BUT you rarely see the 90-93 Rivieras in such nice shape and in a setting where their styling really shines!

Bryan...thanks for the compliment! I have yet to see another of this style Riv at any of my local area cruise-ins (MA, RI). The only time I do see 4 to 5 together is at each year's ROA National. There were only two (one being mine) at the BCA National this year and only one at last year's National, if I remember correctly (mine).

Bryan...thanks for the compliment! I have yet to see another of this style Riv at any of my local area cruise-ins (MA, RI). The only time I do see 4 to 5 together is at each year's ROA National. There were only two (one being mine) at the BCA National this year and only one at last year's National, if I remember correctly (mine).

It's a shame you don't see them more. On an average month, 4 or 5 or more will pass through junk yards down here. They were demoted to just another used car around here. Driven to death and then junked when they stopped.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner

XP-300, Great looking Buick. Love the car color and the settings.

YOU, did GOOD!

Dale in Indy

Could not agree more. Awesome!

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)

Long roof, That is a great picture! Sure do miss the nice colors that used to be part of the US automobile world.

Lamar, Everytime I see your Buick Farm Barn, I just can't help but think; you are D'man! What a plcae you have there. Too bad we can't have a National Meet in Athens GA so we can all help you throw the Buick BBQ of the Century!

Meanwhile I'll just print out this one because that Roadmaster is so stately!

rb_002821tonalCFallatTuscanys.jpg

Heck, it don't take no "National" to have a Buick Barbecue at Buick Gardens. Just say when. Or maybe it could be a stop during one of the After Tours. Only problem is, couldn't be much "drivin" after the barbecue, not with what I put in the barbecue sauce.

Again, what a great thread. Look how many "likes" it's gotten, more than Girls on Buicks.

Dave,

This one takes the cake! Looks and feels like a era gone by.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]159874[/ATTACH]

Chris:

Thank you.

I played around with a photo program on my computer today. It turned your favorite into a 1960's slide.

post-58764-143139228392_thumb.jpg

Heck, it don't take no "National" to have a Buick Barbecue at Buick Gardens. Just say when....

Count me in! Sounds like a helluva' time! We'll call it the "Great Southern Buick BBQ and Get Together". I can see it now. 30 or 40+ beautiful Buicks lined up outside Buick Barn. Big ol' bonfire with a whole roasted pig, tater salad, and fresh corn on the cob with plenty of frosty cold beverages of course. Some of that old time rock 'n roll playing in the background way into the night. When's this shindig happenin' Lamar? Let's get a donation pool going.:cool:

Really nice photos and a grand idea. Perhaps any autumn Buick related photos should start appearing here? BTW: Perhaps 60FlatTop could school us on just how to post photos here so they come out as nice as his 64 Riv does here? When I post, just get the small ones you have to blow up to see. As everyone one knows, I am not a very technical guy.

Looking at the Green Roadmaster reminds me of the one Dad sold to a Circus owner.

It was that GREEN lower body, FIRE TRUCK RED top, and DARK BLUE interior. The factory called to confirm colors, and when it arrived at Dad's dealership and the owner came to pick up, he said, "SMITTY, ISN'T IT BEAUTIFUL?" It was to be the PARADE car.

Dale in Indy

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)