Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

Hi there, I am new to the Riviera but have a lot of experience of BMW and Mercedes from 1995 - 2015.

The Riviera from 1965 is a really cool car IMO, but my newly aquired needs stainless moldings as well as a few other things - fender and trunk script emblems, tri-shield trunk lock emblem, hood ornament, glove box emblem (Riviera / By Buick) (mine is not a GS). You wouldn't happen to know where a guy could find that? /Lars

IMG_20220220_153035.jpg

1 hour ago, LasseSL500 said:

Hi there, I am new to the Riviera but have a lot of experience of BMW and Mercedes from 1995 - 2015.

The Riviera from 1965 is a really cool car IMO, but my newly aquired needs stainless moldings as well as a few other things - fender and trunk script emblems, tri-shield trunk lock emblem, hood ornament, glove box emblem (Riviera / By Buick) (mine is not a GS). You wouldn't happen to know where a guy could find that? /Lars

Welcome to the family. Contact @abandg. He has a 63-65 Riviera parts business. I am sure he has everything you need!

Good luck!

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

All of the items you’re looking for can be obtained through vendors that advertise in the Riviera Owners Associations bi-monthly publication, The Riview. Check my signature block for the link to the website.  Two necessar items for maintenance and restoration help : An ROA membership, and a chassis manual for your particular year.  My first words of advice - do not assume that all parts for 63, 64, and 65 Rivieras are the same.  Although they look similar, there are many differences Year to year. Three years - three different transmissions for example.

• Like 2

Thank you for your kind replies. This is what I am going for; an original look with solid black paint, rally wheels.

It will probably cost much to get the parts, so a feller has to take it in his own pace. But some day. I have these wheels, just need better white wall tyres and the missing hub centers. What is to be considered regarding the hub centers? And what would you recommend for tyre size on standard 15" rally wheels? I was thinking 225/70 15, but I am not sure. 

1965-Buick-Riviera-231911460221114_800x600.jpg

Edited by LasseSL500 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, LasseSL500 said:

And what would you recommend for tyre size on standard 15" rally wheels? I was thinking 225/70 15, but I am not sure

Most run 215/75/15 or 225/70/15, you might have some minor rub at full lock with the 225’s in front. Welcome and good luck with your car

• Like 1

Buickcenters.com makes a reproduction of the ‘65 center cap.  Three bar menu, look for Riviera.  Depending on which year wheels you have, the diameter of the hole in the center will be either 2” or 2-1/8”.  You’ll need to know when ordering. The spring clips come in both sizes and either can be attached to the ‘65 cap. If there are no tires mounted, you can look for a code between the beads on the inside of the wheel.  Wheels with no code - ‘65, code 802 - 66 and early 67. Code 853 - late 67 through 70, and Code 895 - 1971 - 1978. www.buickcenters.com

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi All. I am still new to the Riv scene. I am now in my 2nd year with my 63 in Arctic White over deluxe red leather interior. POs did an outstanding job keeping things original and in good order. While detailing the interior last weekend I was pleased to find the intact job tag in this time capsule.

As a new Riv owner, this forum, it's members, an ROA membership and the Buick manuals have been invaluable.  

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5163.jpg

IMG_4620 2.jpg

IMG_4980 6.jpg

Edited by MrAG Riv
added picrture (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2022 at 7:01 PM, MrAG Riv said:

63 in Arctic White over deluxe red leather interior

Awesome Riv north of the border like mine! We definitely have twins and they are both early '63s.

You can see my Riv. on previous page 49 of this thread.

Can you post images of you cowl tag and if you're comfortable with it, the VIN?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here. Got my first Rivi in October '21. It's originally from California. 69,000 miles. The car was already painted pearl white so I didn't feel too bad modifying it with Astro Supremes, 3" Jamco lowering springs and Bellflower style exhaust. I live in Minnesota so I haven't had much opportunity to drive it yet. Can't wait for warm, sunny weather.

I've already learned plenty from reading this forum. Sincerly appreciate all the longtime Riviera entusiasts sharing their knowledge!

20220410_143824_resized.jpg

20220410_143657_resized.jpg

20220410_143731_resized.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ssblake said:

I’ve already learned plenty from reading this forum. Sincerly appreciate all the longtime Riviera entusiasts sharing their knowledge!

@ssblakewelcome and congratulations on the Riv. I’m also running the Jamco springs. I installed the Bilstien shocks from @dr914over the winter and can’t recommend them enough. Huge improvement in ride and drivability. 

🏼Brian 

On 4/24/2022 at 7:57 PM, XframeFX said:

Awesome Riv north of the border like mine! We definitely have twins and they are both early '63s.

You can see my Riv. on previous page 49 of this thread.

Can you post images of you cowl tag and if you're comfortable with it, the VIN?

Thanks!

Cowl tag attached to original post. PM me if you'd like to talk Canadian Rivs. I'm not able to PM directly yet. Kind regards.

Two car shows in one weekend.

The AZ and fellow Buick Club members 1966 GS and 1990 Reatta @ Raleigh, NC Goodguys show at the NC State Fairgrounds; April 22-23, 2022. (photo by Nora S, my wife).

Capture.JPG.358239f77e20de8332ec3164901834ad.JPG

Fayetteville, NC Spring Dogwood Festival Car Show; April 24, 2022. (photo taken by me)

DSC_3216.JPG.7553675dba0d3a840c5bd0ae7e5705e1.JPG

• Like 2

Do any of you get a copy of the Australian ROA’s bimonthly Riview?  If so take a look at the cars at one of their recent regional events.  There’s a blue ‘66 pictured that, IMHO, is the best looking 2nd generation Riviera on the planet.  So far I’ve not been able to copy and paste but I’ll continue working on it. It has to be seen to be believed. 

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

This may be the best picture of The Aqua Zephyr that I've ever taken!

Today she took home a 1st Place award in the "ORIGINAL" category at the Triangle Chapter AACA show at Wake Tech North Automotive Sciences building, Raleigh, NC 

IMG_20220430_210520.jpg.f05ff9cbb25adf916d930a3bf9dfade3.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

My second 1st gen Riviera is a previously 1 owner, special order, '64 Oregon car I picked up last June.  It was highly optioned from the factory, and yet I find myself adding more!  Needs to be an AA (accessories anonymous) meeting for that!

Claret Mist, black deluxe interior

Screenshot_20210726-124431~2.jpg

0124221455.jpg

Edited by Deanoko (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 5/18/2022 at 9:45 PM, Deanoko said:

My second 1st gen Riviera is a previously 1 owner, special order, '64 Oregon car I picked up last June.  It was highly optioned from the factory, and yet I find myself adding more!  Needs to be an AA (accessories anonymous) meeting for that!

Claret Mist, black deluxe interior

Screenshot_20210726-124431~2.jpg

0124221455.jpg

Nice! What options are of note?

From front to back: Cornering lights, AC, Guidematic, Power windows and vents, deluxe interior AM/FM radio with f/r speakers, power antenna, tilt wheel, "wood" factory rally steering wheel, remote  trunk release, factory seatbelts, 4 way power seat, remote mirror and positraction rear end.  I've added rear ctr arm rest, rear belts, and am in the process of installing electro-cruise, rear defogger and 4 note horns.  That should do it!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Deanoko said:

From front to back: Cornering lights, AC, Guidematic, Power windows and vents, deluxe interior AM/FM radio with f/r speakers, power antenna, tilt wheel, "wood" factory rally steering wheel, remote  trunk release, factory seatbelts, 4 way power seat, remote mirror and positraction rear end.  I've added rear ctr arm rest, rear belts, and am in the process of installing electro-cruise, rear defogger and 4 note horns.  That should do it!

... and a smoking dog!  You forgot the most important addition!

Yeah, but he wanted treats for the mention (Another box of cigars), so I told him (Frank,

3 hours ago, PaulMuzz said:

Awesome! I’d like to install a rear arm rest and seat belts too. I heard the arm rests are hard to find. Btw how do you know if you have cornering lights?

BTW) to " Pack sand!" 

Cornering lights:  when I dove into the front turn signal housings the bulbs were there, so I knew they were installed.  With lights on AND turn signal activated they come on in the direction of the turn.  I haven't closely looked at the cowl tag to see if they're mentioned.

Forgot to mention the engine dress up kit.  (Valve covers)

13 minutes ago, Deanoko said:

Yeah, but he wanted treats for the mention (Another box of cigars), so I told him (Frank,

BTW) to " Pack sand!" 

Cornering lights:  when I dove into the front turn signal housings the bulbs were there, so I knew they were installed.  With lights on AND turn signal activated they come on in the direction of the turn.  I haven't closely looked at the cowl tag to see if they're mentioned.

Forgot to mention the engine dress up kit.  (Valve covers)

The cowl tag only designates options that were installed or provisions made for at Fisher Body.  Basically a completed body that has yet to be married to a chassis, engine, instrument panel and front clip. So four note horns, cornering lights, tilt wheel, (except in 65 when tilt was standard equipment),  the type of radio, cruise control, tires and wheel covers would not be on the data plate.

Rear arm rest, rear speaker, rear defrost, tinted windows, remote mirror, upholstery, paint and of course power windows and power seats would be on the data plate.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 12:22 PM, Wolf65 said:

Just acquired these last night.  True barn finds.  65GS and two 74 Stage 1s, 1 with the GS badging.

292379459_385192400381266_4016523823428333774_n.jpg

292560353_347241580764179_4363060335969347376_n.jpg

292625189_588603032722621_7436298525668228744_n.jpg

292880302_5044154865710019_815338414443055272_n.jpg

293040400_2397188290424197_1039507970168833136_n.jpg

I bought the '65 GS in Boston in the mid to late '80's and drove it back to Chicago. Sold it a handful of years later.

Tom Mooney

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)

Hi (new member first post)

Got my 67 Buick here in New Zealand about a year ago, just love it.

I have a few issues that I am working through which I will post in the forum shortly mainly to do with the rear quarter windows and the operation.

Cheers Ross

IMG_5462.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1