Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

• 3 weeks later...

1968 Riviera GS (without vinyl top) with trailer hitch & California plates (date cannot be made out).

It looks like the Perry and Ruth are heading out to a birthday party or maybe they are leaving a recent visit with Perry's sister Marge. (just speculating here) 😁

No matter how much I try to adjust the tone and saturation of this image, the car's paint appears to be a shade of light metallic green.

Maybe it was repainted a light metallic green during it's lifetime.

Image from an undated and unannotated "Drewry Photocolor" transparency in my classic car slide archive.

Based on the clothing and luggage styles and the boxy car seen directly above and beyond the Riviera, I am guessing this photo was taken sometime in the late 1970's or in the 1980's.

127678380_1968BuickRiviera.jpg.85fb3fcf2bf3aff5d03ec1296f727f09.jpg

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, RivNut said:

A new Riviera Concept from the stylists at GM.  Probably aimed at the Chinese market more so than the USA market; Buick is building nothing but SUVs for the American market.  No details about drivetrain, or chassis.

modernized-buick-riviera-makes-for-elegant-cgi-return-based-on-cadillac-s-ct6-173638-7.jpg

Now that I would buy!  Don't need any SUV, don't like any 4 door cars.

10 hours ago, dship said:

Now that I would buy!  Don't need any SUV, don't like any 4 door cars.

IMHO, they could have improved the roof line, looks too much like the 75-76 models but I realize that there are no "hardtops" anymore.  Probably has to do with roll over protection.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2021 at 7:39 PM, RivNut said:

A new Riviera Concept from the stylists at GM.  Probably aimed at the Chinese market more so than the USA market; Buick is building nothing but SUVs for the American market.  No details about drivetrain, or chassis.

modernized-buick-riviera-makes-for-elegant-cgi-return-based-on-cadillac-s-ct6-173638-7.jpg

I'm pretty sure this image is nothing but CG by someone not affiliated with GM.  I shared this on the ROA Facebook page prior to your post here, and was noted as CG by the private publisher -- someone who publishes wild and imaginative automotive CG's often.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey ya'll, this is my new gal...1963 Rivee, original motor and trans, original interior (mostly) and she's sexy as can be...runs strong and solid. My plan is to rewire the car, as the main harness, fuse box and engine electrical are all missing. Got my body and paint guy on deck to hit the trouble spots and then next steps, are a front suspension refresh and brake conversion. From there, skies the limit.

Happy to be here. Happy to see all these riv lovers and thankful for any and all support.

Jeremy

1963 Riviera

ROA Member 16728

20220206_092052.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 63Rivee said:

Hey ya'll, this is my new gal...1963 Rivee, original motor and trans, original interior (mostly) and she's sexy as can be...runs strong and solid. My plan is to rewire the car, as the main harness, fuse box and engine electrical are all missing. Got my body and paint guy on deck to hit the trouble spots and then next steps, are a front suspension refresh and brake conversion. From there, skies the limit.

Happy to be here. Happy to see all these riv lovers and thankful for any and all support.

Jeremy

1963 Riviera

ROA Member 16728

20220206_092052.jpg

Looks good. Interested. Why do you think you need to do a brake conversion? Those 12" x 2-1/2" aluminum finned drums are as good a you'll ever need,unless you want to race going down hill. Then it's brake minor fade not stopping power that you need to be concerned about. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RivNut said:

Looks good. Interested. Why do you think you need to do a brake conversion? Those 12" x 2-1/2" aluminum finned drums are as good a you'll ever need,unless you want to race going down hill. Then it's brake minor fade not stopping power that you need to be concerned about. 

You are right sir! I just said that yesterday to my buddy after posting this. I'm not gonna change them over. I love the drums! I jumped the gun. Think I was just antsy to get working on her finally and modern tech tried to force itself on me and my girl lol

My main focus really is just the wiring at the moment, as the main fuse box is missing and the leads from it to their sources. The interior wiring is all there to the power doors, seats, windows etc, but no harness connecting out to them and nothing in the engine compartment (lights, horn, oil pressure, temp, etc).

Getting cracking on cleaning her up inside and prepping for wiring.

Our journey begins...

Jeremy

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 11:01 AM, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

Bought this beauty - for the engine (runs great!) transmission and 3.42 rear.  

P.O. had dreams of a racing Riviera.  Battery in trunk, light weight!  It came with slicks 

I just have to see with them on there before it gets taken apart.

65541221964__0481E3FB-BA24-4821-A930-5821ECAC3E98.jpeg

65541218852__2080F3EC-31EC-41FF-A8FB-ACE4A15C0394.jpeg

65541220476__241760C0-D63B-4FB5-AC83-2FBCE2A300B7 (1).jpeg

IMG_3991 (1).jpeg

I’ll bet if you check the numbers, you’ll find that the engine is a 1966.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 10:09 AM, OldGerman said:

Not yet ready for the Season but getting closer.

When it's ready, 1st order of business is to take it out on Track Day at Nurburgring?😃

Frank, if your Riv has a RED Interior, we have twins from the same 1963 Litter!

PXL_20210711_Crop_1A.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/24/2022 at 4:42 AM, XframeFX said:

When it's ready, 1st order of business is to take it out on Track Day at Nurburgring?😃

Frank, if your Riv has a RED Interior, we have twins from the same 1963 Litter!

PXL_20210711_Crop_1A.jpg

Yes, we have twins, except of the nice ralley wheels. This wheels are hard to find in Europe. Would like to get rid of my Supreme chrome wheels. I like the style but I do not trust them. One of the rims in the front already failed with a crack in the weld. Luckely it slowly lost the air and I noticed the crack before a fatal fail occurred. I have checked all other rims and now have two new truespoke supremes on the front, but I‘m  still a bit worried. The Nuerburgring trackdays are fine with a modern sportscar. I would be to scared to crash the Riviera in the side rails. But it‘s fun to watch others to do so, as long as nobody is hurt.

Edited by OldGerman (see edit history)

17 hours ago, OldGerman said:

Yes, we have twins, except of the nice ralley wheels.

Frank, glad you posted a picture of your Riv in-progress. I know the feeling. I couldn't even do that during my project. Garage wall on 1 side, overhead doors on either end and shelving on the 4th side. Nov. 6th 2020 was it's 1st outing in 25 years which included a photo-op and fuel. The next 2 days, 40 cm of snow!

Those wheels are not original for '63 as you know. Wildcat got them first for 1964. Center caps from a 1966 Riviera are safe in the trunk. Tough to find nice Formula V wheels these days. I purchased a ho-hum wheel with a decades old radial from a wrecking yard last summer for $26! I figure since it holds air, good for a spare with a cover. I still need to beat the ring out for the larger 1963 hub. I like them for the 6" width and if the chrome is not nice, I've seen them with trim rings or if really rough, snap a wire hubcap on them. Again, it's an upgrade from the standard 5.5" rims.

With Canter Caps:

image.png.d99997f633d67f666dca26fed6362a9c.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I did a test run in The Aqua Zephyr to check out its newly recored radiator.

The original radiator guts were full of pinholes and leaking like a loose hose on a spigot.

Harrell's Auto and Tire shop in Fayetteville, NC (Gillespie Street) recored the original tanks in quick fashion and had me back on the road in just a few days.

The AZ runs cooler. The temp gauge barely got above the 1/4 mark whether at stop lights or at speed. Running AC caused the temp to jump only a bit above the quarter gauge mark.

Outside temperature was ~ 80 degrees with ~60% humidity.

I believe the AZ is running smoother now too!

Next up, get my AC upgrade kit from Old Air Parts installed so I can have more reliable cabin cooling!

I also have a new gas tank and straps to install later this summer.

🎶 “On the road again, I can't wait to to get on the road again" 🎵

20220406_191214.jpg.d451a8f09a51f289d00d0d765db03d4a.jpg

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 4