Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

1963 red Riviera with TruSpoke wire wheels. Spoke wire wheels and nipples are stainless steel. 

The center cap I made from fabricated parts, COTS, and original Buick parts. Ive yet to see any center caps like mine on wire wheels. I've seen good looking Buick emblems in the spoke wheel center caps, but no 63 Buick TriShiels emblems in the center cap.

EmTee.JPG

• Like 6

I make 4 different sizes of center cap “V”s for Volvo 1800s fitted with Panasport wheels and various others.  They are chrome with a black background.  I just went to my local FastSigns shop and told them what I wanted.  If you can source a good digital Tri shield you can probably do the same thing.

6 hours ago, Deanoko said:

They are chrome with a black background.

Dean, the product is more like a vinyl with a self stick?

im not familiar with your application. For applying the emblem to a flat surface I can see it working well. In the case of the dome style center cap applying a product made for a flat surface to the dome style cap could be problematic.

The sign stores are doing some great work.

Turbinator

On 2/24/2024 at 10:02 PM, cjp69 said:

that was what I was thinking too, so I had to buy it.  Once I get it next to my red one I will figure out which one I like better and what my next steps are.  

Chris, let me know if you need assistance in decision on which one to like best.....but you probably already know what I would say so its rhetorical I suppose. Congratulations! Amazing that cars this special still turn up and were previously unknown.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JZRIV said:

Chris, let me know if you need assistance in decision on which one to like best.....but you probably already know what I would say so its rhetorical I suppose. Congratulations! Amazing that cars this special still turn up and were previously unknown.  

I think I had to wipe down the black at least 3 times last weekend while it was in the garage.  The red one just sat there looking good.  Pretty sure I know which one I will be keeping long term, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 10:59 AM, Deanoko said:

I'm proud to belong to a group where so many have figured out how to get their glove box doors to latch flush!

I had to create a little metal doubler plate to firm everything up. PXL_20240228_185750710.jpg.f5ddffa0b957f9893e380a76ce7dfda6.jpg

Please share the details!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 8:43 AM, 1965rivgs said:

Sometimes our cars are not as "original" as we would like to think. 60 years is a long time ...

Tom Mooney

Tom, I think it would be easier to keep track of originality if car makers did not make changes during model year. For instance the washer fluid label was changed from the black and white label during what year model and month. How about painting the firewall black instead of the color of the car. The Riviera aluminum treatment of the dashboard changes?

Examples Ive mentioned may be easy to document. My point is production cars we are interested have a number of changes within the model year. Those changes make it hard for me to keep things straight.

Later Gator

We took The Aqua Zephyr to the Goodguys car show last weekend at the NC State Fairgrounds in Raleigh, North Carolina.

The photo below of the AZ is on the Goodguys website "First Friday Look" page for the show on April 19th.

(Image below was copied from GG website https://fuelcurve.com/friday-first-look-goodguys-9th-griots-garage-north-carolina-nationals-presented-by-tremec/)

AZ-Goodguys9thAnnualNCNationalsGGWebsitephoto.JPG.a6d6a0cc44ab1dc230bbfa503ed12741.JPG

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 4