Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

16 hours ago, 71GS said:

As a kid that grew up on hot wheels, I wish this was real..  A friend made it up for me 😁

So cool, great gift, except having number 001 of 200 in the series would've most likely increased the collector value...😅

Seriously, your friend did a great job, cool piece to add to your car's provenance files...

Later,

Couldn’t be happier with the feature in the Riview. Ray & co did a fantastic job. Honored to help kick off the ROA’s 40th year. The previous owners wife still maintains his membership and was so surprised to see his picture in there. Made my day when they reached out to me today. 😁

Happy New Year to everyone. 

IMG_2427.jpeg

• Like 8

On 12/30/2023 at 5:20 PM, 71GS said:

As a kid that grew up on hot wheels, I wish this was real..  A friend made it up for me

Who needs a repro "Monroney Window Sticker"? I'd rather have this phoney baloney Hot Wheels image with MY RIVIERA!

• Haha 1

Welcome I  I also have a 64 with 22 options. Your KX engine is very rare with just over 2000 of the 37000+ produced having it.  2 accessory gauges are a nice touch, particularly if you don't smoke. 😉

Congrats, that's a lucky find! 👍. I also have a 64 KX that I'm in the middle of a full restoration on, with all the same options. FYI - The power vent windows are very rare - arguably even more rare than the KX code engine. If you are planning a restoration, use caution when handling the chrome switch plate base: you are extremely unlikely to find another one that has the power vent switch bosses. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Riv Eng said:

Congrats, that's a lucky find! 👍. I also have a 64 KX that I'm in the middle of a full restoration on, with all the same options. FYI - The power vent windows are very rare - arguably even more rare than the KX code engine. If you are planning a restoration, use caution when handling the chrome switch plate base: you are extremely unlikely to find another one that has the power vent switch bosses. 🤷‍♂️

If you have a switch plate for power windows, the bosses for the power vent mounting screws are there. You can cut out the square for vent window switch.  Darwin Falk’s articles “Options not included”, which can be found on the ROA’s website, breaks down the percentage of each option for each year

2 hours ago, RivNut said:

If you have a switch plate for power windows, the bosses for the power vent mounting screws are there. You can cut out the square for vent window switch.  Darwin Falk’s articles “Options not included”, which can be found on the ROA’s website, breaks down the percentage of each option for each year

while I don't disagree with you Ed, I have yet to see a convincingly well done cut-out for vent window control switch. The originals are very nice, with a trim around the switch. Better to just handle the switch plate like its made of gold, because there aren't any spares left out there!

20210815_141430.jpg

20210815_141605.jpg

7 minutes ago, Riv Eng said:

while I don't disagree with you Ed, I have yet to see a convincingly well done cut-out for vent window control switch. The originals are very nice, with a trim around the switch. Better to just handle the switch plate like its made of gold, because there aren't any spares left out there!

20210815_141430.jpg

20210815_141605.jpg

I doubt if anyone could make them look good when cutting for a switch with sending them out to a chrome shop for finishing.  

22 hours ago, Deanoko said:

Note:  if your electric wing windows need a "push start" to operate, I fixed mine and posted a YouTube video on the process.  They share the same drive gear as a like year Cadillac. 

Whats link to video? Mine do not work, eather door. 

19 hours ago, Deanoko said:

Thanks. I don't recall offhand.  I'd have to see if I saved the receipt.  I know it was a real chore to install!

I can imagine! That's one of the many projects I'm currently juggling. Just got the pieces back from the laser cutter and oiled/clear coated them last weekend. Waiting for the clear to harden before I attempt to install!

20240106_203523.jpg

1 hour ago, Riv Eng said:

I can imagine! That's one of the many projects I'm currently juggling. Just got the pieces back from the laser cutter and oiled/clear coated them last weekend. Waiting for the clear to harden before I attempt to install!

20240106_203523.jpg

For a 64 or 65?  If they’re for a ‘65, don’t forget that black factory stripe. Easier to do it now.

Did a major addition to the home this summer which included an additional 3 1/2 stalls in the garage.  Therefore, I was finally able a couple weeks ago to bring the White 63 home from storage and park it next to the Silver 63 I picked up a couple months ago. That’s a great feeling!

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Edited by Cornpanzers Riv (see edit history)
  • Like 8

I used to walk by a Silver/silver Riv that lived in a little bungalow down close to Diamond Head in Waikiki.  Probably the only one on the island.  It looked pretty good considering. Love that color inside and out! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EmTee said:

The silver leather in a '63 is stunning IMHO.  ;)

The very first Riviera I ever laid eyes on, in September of 1962, was Spruce Green with Silver leather.  I was too young to fully appreciate what I was looking at. It was under a car cover in the back room of the Buick dealership in Hutchinson, KS awaiting the annual unveiling the next week of all makes and models on the same night.  Except for the Pontiac and Mercury dealerships, all the other dealerships were on West 2nd Street. Barricades closed the street to car traffic, spotlights crisscrossed the sky, and popcorn was free. What a night or a car crazy 15 year old.

I have never seen another with the same color combinations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

The very first Riviera I ever laid eyes on, in September of 1962, was Spruce Green with Silver leather.  I was too young to fully appreciate what I was looking at. It was under a car cover in the back room of the Buick dealership in Hutchinson, KS awaiting the annual unveiling the next week of all makes and models on the same night.  Except for the Pontiac and Mercury dealerships, all the other dealerships were on West 2nd Street. Barricades closed the street to car traffic, spotlights crisscrossed the sky, and popcorn was free. What a night or a car crazy 15 year old.

I have never seen another with the same color combinations.

That spruce green/silver would be stunning. I love the silver interiors too. My dad had a silver /silver vette when I was about 5.  I seriously thought about having Clark’s make me some 65 covers in silver. 

• Like 2

On 1/5/2024 at 10:28 PM, Deanoko said:

In the spirit of "one upping"... 😎PXL_20240106_042620837.jpg.cb0556dfc8a6fc4675664bf13cc1627d.jpg

If you want to get into the spirit of one upping (😁),  look at the door panels and console wood in Tim Nugent’s 1963.  It’s 5/16” solid walnut. Stained and finished with automotive grade clear coat. You need to see it to believe it.  

3 hours ago, Deanoko said:

That's pretty cool, but my one up wasn't actually referring to the wood grain.  It was the RH remote mirror. 😎

Gotcha.  We’ll see how it goes, but I have a GM sport mirror that has a long enough cable on it to mount the joy stick for a right hand mirror in the console - adjust it yourself from the driver seat rather than having a passenger do it for you.  Probably won’t go that way, but my thoughts are now to put a convex “things are closer than they appear” mirror on the right side so I can get that wide angle view of the lane to my right.  I drove my 63 as a daily driver for 15 years with no mirror, don’t know why I’d need one now. 😃

47 minutes ago, Deanoko said:

I fitted a convex mirror to mine.  Works pretty well, but is at the full end of its travel. 

Is yours adjustable or stationary?  I’d also like to know from whom you got the convex lens and is it attached to the old glass or to the interior frame work?