Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

3 hours ago, RivNut said:

...but my thoughts are now to put a convex “things are closer than they appear” mirror on the right side so I can get that wide angle view of the lane to my right.

FWIW, I think that is a good idea.  The one on my '67 with flat glass is not terribly useful.  It's main purpose is 'visual symmetry'...  ;)

1 minute ago, EmTee said:

FWIW, I think that is a good idea.  The one on my '67 with flat glass is not terribly useful.  It's main purpose is 'visual symmetry'...  ;)

For visual symmetry, I’d also have to something more. I’m not nearly as good looking as my wife. Neither choice is good.

• Haha 1

Here's an exterior shot showing the mirror position and then the driver's view.

PXL_20240109_222703073.jpg.c3f7000f2b44b463a3617fa99a7ae607.jpgPXL_20240109_222759150.jpg.b95aefdb75c63575961a71f5bc4c1081.jpgI like to keep just a sliver of body in view for reference, but one could easily adjust it out to catch more blind spot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deanoko said:

Here's an exterior shot showing the mirror position and then the driver's view.

PXL_20240109_222703073.jpg.c3f7000f2b44b463a3617fa99a7ae607.jpgPXL_20240109_222759150.jpg.b95aefdb75c63575961a71f5bc4c1081.jpgI like to keep just a sliver of body in view for reference, but one could easily adjust it out to catch more blind spot. 

Nice. 
1) From whom did you get the convex mirror?

2) Are the remote cables connected or is this permanent?

Thanks,

Ed

I sourced the mirror from a Tri-Five Chevy site which makes a convex version for a '57.  They are available from multiple places.  Shop around.  I CAREFULLY yarded the housing, only keeping the glass. 

The joystick cables are functional.  I did drill a hole in the inner door panel, in the mirror image of the left side factory installation.

Dean

38 minutes ago, Dundee said:

What about a post on side mirrors?

Good point.  There is one that I commented on.  "Right hand mirrors"  or some such.  Sorry this has gotten a bit off the rails on the "show is pictures of your Riv thread." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Turbinator said:

I kinda like turbines and to make them look good.

IMG_6184.png

These are the wheel covers that were part of the Gran Sport option package in 1965.  They are rare because most folks, when specifying the Gran Sport option, also specified the rally wheel option.  Look closely and you will see that this wheel cover is a compilation of the base 1965 wheel cover and the knock-off spinner from a 1964 cast aluminum wheel cover.  Very striking. Steve and Emily Kouris have these on their black 1965 Gran Sport which won best in class (Gran Sport) at the 2018 ROA event.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 1/5/2024 at 6:27 PM, Riv Eng said:

The power vent windows are very rare - arguably even more rare than the KX code engine. If you are planning a restoration, use caution when handling the chrome switch plate base: you are extremely unlikely to find another one that has the power vent switch bosses.

I'll vouch for that! They can snap in two, mine did.

Even more rare are early 1963 Rivieras with the Power Vent Option. The angle of the control panel is different and NOT interchangeable unless marrying it up to an early plastic base. Can't remember if the same for early pass. side, best to forget.

I see this new acquisition could use re-finished Veneer door panels. I did 2-Sets, used one and have another pair ready-to-go but has 1963 Riviera Emblems. I will post 4-Sale along with other parts. Coming soon:

image.png.d90ffb846f68f66356506d21d8da8bdc.png

4 minutes ago, XframeFX said:

Mid-Winter shot. I had to pull it out to have access to Items.

John, good day,

Rare sight indeed, mine hasn't set foot on snow in 40+ years, but seeing that, I certainly would've been tempted to "drift" a few of the crescents in the 'hood...

Later,

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MikeJS said:

Rare sight indeed, mine hasn't set foot on snow in 40+ years, but seeing that, I certainly would've been tempted to "drift" a few of the crescents in the 'hood...

Mike, this forum is great. I would've never met you otherwise. We're in the same city and both looong term Riviera owners. I can think of one other Canadian with the same Riviera relationship. 3-Peas-in-a-Pod, 1963, 1964 and 1965 GS, We've got 1st Generation Riviera covered!

• Like 3

On 1/11/2024 at 5:15 PM, Turbinator said:

BOB BURNOPP TESTS BUICK'S, first vehicle cover asdignment. Good picture of me with hair and youthful build.

Turbinator

If that was my five minutes of fame I would take it hair or not! Any other cameo appearance Bob?

49 minutes ago, RivNut said:

As Paul Harvey would say “And now for the rest of the story.”

IMG_1709.jpeg.e27467481af26340254d26ac035d36cc.jpeg

Think I get the picture now!

Perhaps like a Spanish Bull Fight poster with my name on it as a kid and they just added a few extra O’s to the names like Roberto Burnoppo…😂

When I bought my first 1963 Riviera back in 1982,  I used to hit all the swap meets and car shows.  There were always vendors who had original copies of all of these magazines. Because there were so few Buick collectors, it was easy to find all these.  I think I have most all of them that have something to do with the introduction of the new Riviera.  I also have quite a collection of magazine ads for the Riviera, from magazines like Look and Life so these ads are fairly large in size.

2023 has come and gone and hardly any recognition on a BIG 60 for our Milestone 1963 Rivieras! Bill Mitchell and Ned Nickels would be disapointed!  No mention at Car Meets and Classic Auto Periodicals.

Here's hoping the 1964 Riviera will get the 60 years attention it deserves in 2024!

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/1964-buick-riviera

Screenshot_20240118-215558.png

Edited by XframeFX (see edit history)
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, XframeFX said:

2023 has come and gone and hardly any recognition on a BIG 60 for our Milestone 1963 Rivieras! Bill Mitchell and Ned Nickels would be disapointed!  No mention at Car Meets and Classic Auto Periodicals.

Here's hoping the 1964 Riviera will get the 60 years attention it deserves in 2024!

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/1964-buick-riviera

Screenshot_20240118-215558.png

Small and intimate celebrations!!

IMG_7513.jpeg

2 hours ago, Deanoko said:

So ... Is this a RHD Riv or is the photo reversed? 

Yes Deanoko it’s been converted and I was never really into a left hand crank in a car and they probably have a bigger market down here for that reason. Not saying they get better money because originality has effectively gone as a collectable but as a driver in any car type RHD more sort after in Aus!

Ciao

On 1/17/2024 at 3:14 PM, Dundee said:

Perhaps like a Spanish Bull Fight poster

No fighting the Bull. Truth be told I do shoot the bull. And although Mr Catch em Bill Mawbey up staged me with a “Demo Dolly” he owes me for giving him the chance at such well deserved notoriety.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XframeFX said:

Perhaps posted before?

Barris Villa Riviera (possible source: Perry Mason)

image.png

The current owner has restored this to its original configuration.  He brought it to the ROA meet in Williamsburg, VA in 2016. The car has been faithfully restored.  The current owner gave a presentation showing the different phases the car had gone through for different movies and what he had to do to bring it back to the configuration like George Barris originally built it. 

Google ‘George Barris Villa Riviera’ for additional pictures that show different configurations it has gone through since its original build.

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2024 at 7:06 PM, Riviera63 said:

He stopped at chapter 2. Here is chapter 3.

And yes, our true scholar researches the researcher and reports the Truth with a capital T. No second guesses on Mr. Mawbey’s findings. Mr. Mawbey double checks with Tom Telesco before anything goes to print. With gents like Tom and Bill on the case we can always take their word as gospel. You can take that to the bank!

IMG_1598.jpeg

1 hour ago, Turbinator said:

Now is the time load up on stock traded in Canada?

Naw, it's stuck there. Back during the 2008 financial crisis it was ABOVE Par.

Could've, would've, should've.

On another note. There were two 1st generation Rivieras at BJ Westworld this week. With all the rain here in the dessert (typo on purpose), a car cover on a full custom '64 (bump for hood ornament and side scoops). The other was a 1963 long term family owned. Will follow-up on them: 

PXL_20240121_215536716.jpg

PXL_20240121_215645548.jpg