bb1970

Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, RivNut said:

It's upside down!  🤔

Ed, it could be upside down. I set all my TriShield emblems with the points of the shield at 6 o’clock.

Turbinator

2 hours ago, Rivman said:

Well actually there are others out there with MORE than I have, and several others that have much NICER examples than I too.

I bet at least your mother in law has the space to keep adding horses, I really don’t need to be adding anything with the lack of space I already have.

Maybe you could get Jason's mother in law to store some Rivieras for you.  If you're on the 100 year plan, there should be no problems.

On 10/1/2019 at 9:22 PM, J3Studio said:

Randall is correct—I remain picky.

"Good things come to those who wait..."  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For those who may be interested, I wrote a short article for the Buick Bugle about our trip to the ROA meet in Gettysburg this year.

I posted an extended version of it in the "Me and My Buick" forum.

You can read it here:

The nice thing about publishing to the web is that you can include many more pictures and include videos compared to print publishing.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 7:15 PM, PWB said:

Those wheels are boss.

Are they over drum breaks?

What model are they?

I still have all (4) drum brakes.  I thought about converting the fronts to discs but then I would have to deal with the additional brake dust.

Wheels were on the car when I bought it... they are very similar to the Ridler 695.  22" on the rear and 20" on the front.  

Riviera collage. Snapshots of The Aqua Zephyr in Gettysburg, PA, June 2019 at the Riviera Owners Association annual meet car show.

IMG_20191011_050211.thumb.jpg.b0dba1bb1acafbaf5f7f23d2edad6fa4.jpg

• Like 2

Haven't posted in ages because I've been working on a ton of projects, but I love the colors of these pics I took tonight.  The area is still under construction, so pardon the piles of dirt and lawn bags, but figured maybe some of you guys might like these.  Have kind of a Vega strip-vibe to them I think which is very fitting for the car...

IMG_20191012_182643728.thumb.jpg.b41566dc469cb9c8b1c16e2dcfa96072.jpgIMG_20191012_183021488.thumb.jpg.dd91b87a4af4c0b27141db95b7ed9574.jpg

IMG_20191012_182735021.thumb.jpg.7a92d97e76e2934705ecc56e470ced43.jpg

• Like 3

Just got back from a car show at a local nudist resort. Ruby wasn't the only one topless today

55ED3C8C-9F84-4923-A2C3-318B81501903.jpeg

• Like 2

Absolutely stunning! Congratulations, and I'm sure it was worth the wait.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:49 PM, Rivdrivn said:

Just got back from a car show at a local nudist resort. Ruby wasn't the only one topless today

I'll bet any pictures you took had to be taken at creative angles to avoid any 'sensitive' content! :lol:

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)

Hi all, new owner and new ROA member here!  Been researching here for a while and you guys and gals are truly a wealth of knowledge!  Looking forward to learning more, and meeting anyone in the Las Vegas area.  Here is a pic of my wife in our 64.  🍻 

F22C80CC-4577-4B78-AFC7-BE819C88F627.jpeg

• Like 5

This is a picture I took on August 26,2019. Put a few miles on this summer, still a work in progress.

IMG_0681.jpg

• Like 8

16 hours ago, anestech* said:

Hi all, new owner and new ROA member here!  Been researching here for a while and you guys and gals are truly a wealth of knowledge!  Looking forward to learning more, and meeting anyone in the Las Vegas area.  Here is a pic of my wife in our 64.  🍻 

F22C80CC-4577-4B78-AFC7-BE819C88F627.jpeg

Welcome to the ROA and the forum. Very nice looking Riv! Congrats on the purchase.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:40 PM, NC1968Riviera said:

Riviera collage. Snapshots of The Aqua Zephyr in Gettysburg, PA, June 2019 at the Riviera Owners Association annual meet car show.

IMG_20191011_050211.thumb.jpg.b0dba1bb1acafbaf5f7f23d2edad6fa4.jpg

Great collage Mike!

You even caught a shot of me in the background ...

1683113372_IMG_20191011_050211.jpg.f4f717bc2c929fd26758ddafa1a23152(2)-2.jpg.4729ad14d11e0defb54e85b65acf732b.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 68KERR said:

1968 Riviera, Washington Illinois 

C2978DE6-3C41-418F-AD80-0B9B550D4DD7.jpeg

Wow, she's a beauty!

I visited Scott Air Force Base a couple of years ago and the surrounding territory looks exactly like your picture background! Cornfields in every direction!

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)

Purchased my first Riv this summer. I really wasn't planning on buying another Buick, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. Especially when I looked under and inside it and it turned out to be original and pristine. I need to do more research on this car because it is hard to believe it spent its life in Ontario. The used car buyers package only went as far as 1986 (as well as the UCDA car report) when it was registered in Ontario. It is fun to drive... rides fantastic, tons of power with that big motor and 3.42 gears. Unfortunately with winter coming I will have to put it away sooner than I would like. This weekend may be the last time I can take her out for a rip for the year.

riv2.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CanadianWildcat said:

Purchased my first Riv this summer. I really wasn't planning on buying another Buick, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. Especially when I looked under and inside it and it turned out to be original and pristine. I need to do more research on this car because it is hard to believe it spent its life in Ontario. The used car buyers package only went as far as 1986 (as well as the UCDA car report) when it was registered in Ontario. It is fun to drive... rides fantastic, tons of power with that big motor and 3.42 gears. Unfortunately with winter coming I will have to put it away sooner than I would like. This weekend may be the last time I can take her out for a rip for the year.

Congrats on the 70 Riv purchase. It will be interesting to hear more about what you discover about your car. It's a great color too. It is the original color?

If you haven't already done so, please consider joining the Riviera Owners Assn. www.rivowners.org. You can join using the membership link on the home page. You will be glad you joined.

• Like 1

Yes that is the original colour... which really drew me to the car. It is one of the few cars that I have gone to look at that looked better in person than in photos.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CanadianWildcat said:

Yes that is the original colour... which really drew me to the car. It is one of the few cars that I have gone to look at that looked better in person than in photos.

Next years ROA meet is in Kalamazoo, Michigan next June. Maybe you will can attend with your new member of your car family.