Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

• 9 months later...

Heres a different twist. This was a parts car I pulled out of the hollers deep in West Virginia. Check it out after I washed it with a Brillo pad. Kinda sad to wash off all the cool green lichen though. Imagine my surprise when the old 425 fired up after 10 minutes of tinkering. This thing was rusted so bad but it was loaded to the max with options.

post-50687-14313849973_thumb.jpg

post-50687-143138499734_thumb.jpg

post-50687-143138499736_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Rob J

Here's my 65 GS I found in NC this past December and a 65 regular Riv parts car. The first pics are where they had sat for years in NC, and then here they are when I first got them home.

65Covered.jpg

65UpOnBlocks.jpg

IM000011.jpg

87GNand65Riv037.jpg

87GNand65Riv038.jpg

Guest Rob J

Wow Jason, it's really a shame on that white 67, that they just let it go to sh$t like that. Those sure are some rusty looking ones.

Wow Jason, it's really a shame on that white 67, that they just let it go to sh$t like that. Those sure are some rusty looking ones.

Rob,

Thats cool they had the 65s blocked up and out in the open. Probably saved the nicer one of the two for sure.

The yard the 67GS came out of was really woods. The owner was 70 y/o and a man of great character. He had recently inherited it from his dad who had collected these cars 30-40 and 50 years ago but rarely ever sold parts or whole cars. Except for a few exceptions, any cars that were missing parts was a result of theivery over 50 years. When we were there picking up the 67, they had pulled a lot of cars out of the trees into an opening and those were on the block to sell on ebay.

My wife and I befriended the nice gentleman and then asked if we could look around and he said yes but do NOT go into the woods. We didn't think much of it and looked around the field at some very rare cars taking pictures. Most cars were in poor condition but still had rare and valuable parts on them. We glanced into the woods and maybe saw 2 or 3 cars partially hidden so didn't think much of it.

After talking a bit more to the owner, apparently he decided we were trustworthy and saw how we were drooling over what we had seen. Even thouigh he was busy with others coming to pick up cars they purchased off ebay, he offered to take us on a walking tour through the woods. What we saw will be imprinted into our brain for the rest of our life. We walked for 45 minutes and never saw the end in 3 directions nor did we ever cross the same path. You could not walk 15 feet in any one direction without running into a car. They were scattered about haphazardly. The scene was breathtaking even for my wife. Everything from early 1900s up to the 70s. The trees were all around the cars and were maybe 6" to 18" in diameter. Then in another area we came across 40 Corvairs all lined up neatly 20 to a row with no more than 3" between them. What we saw was so vast it was too much for the human brain to take in. Unfortunately, we were so excited he offered a tour, we left the camera in the truck.

It was difficult to get an idea how many cars total because of the trees limiting visibility in every direction. There had to be minimum 500 cars and possibly as many as 1000.

What we thought was going to be a quick stop to pick up the car and be on our way turned out to be a great experience that we talked about for a long time afterwards. It is unlikely we will ever see anything like that again.

I made a few bucks from selling parts on the old rusty 67 but the real gain by far was the experience we had as well as meeting a great old guy.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Guest Rob J

Agreed, cool story Jason. It's crazy how someone could have so many cars like that, and just have them all rotting away. Just crazy indeed. Too bad you couldn't find any more 65 Riv GS's in that bunch. ;)

Guest 67tall

I dream about Boat tail, But in Moscow, Russia it very hi cost, but i will collect funds for it))) 2 years ago i had Impala 73 hardtop in good condition, one in whole Russia.

My Riviera, so this is not antique, but anyway....

88cdc1f295769e38-large.jpg

Guest 67tall

In Russia we have few boattail. I exact know that in Moscow we have 3 , one in Kazan, one in Novosibirsk, one in Vladivastok, and 2 in Saint-Petersburg (the city where i boarned and live) The costs for mid condition starts from $30K

Anton,

what are import/customs levels and taxes in Russia? In Poland if you are importing collectible or historical vehicle (you must provide documents from certified automotive authorities, to prove it), there is no custom duties at all and taxes are only 7% instead of 23%.

We are starting to be out of the topic, so lets move to personal messages (AACA Forums > User Control Panel > Private Messages)

Edited by buick-riviera.pl (see edit history)

Guest 67tall
Anton,

what are import/customs levels and taxes in Russia? In Poland if you are importing collectible or historical vehicle (you must provide documents from certified automotive authorities, to prove it), there is no custom duties at all and taxes are only 7% instead of 23%.

We are starting to be out of the topic, so lets move to personal messages (AACA Forums > User Control Panel > Private Messages)

SO, This is realy teriible taxes and conditions for Russian Citizens from our goverment. THis is primary problem for import old american vehcles.

You are in Polland just lucky guys, i want to Poland)))

In Russia the following devils rules for Import:

For vehicle that 8 years old and more the tax is 5.7 euro for one cm3 (!!!) That mens for import for the example Riviera 1972 the tax will be:

Riviera 454 engine is 7400 cm3 x 5.7 euro = 42180 euro + 3000 euro to illegal buy sertificate of euro3. Total with transportation around 48000EURO or $61000 taxes + car price $5000-20000.

Legal Riviera will cost in Our country $70k-80k, when in USA 5k-20k

2 way. Entry vehicle as historical or collectable vehicle. The document from gov-protect-culture center cost is around 500-1000 bucks. Taxes on customs is $0 BUT! THis vehicle illegal on the road, this vehicle has no certificate of title or other vehicle document, This vehicle we can transport from pont A to point B only by car carrier!!!

Our guys have found the diffirend illegal ways to imprt and legalize cars bypassing our customs.

i know few different ways. Heve fun by this post)))

Edited by 67tall (see edit history)

Guest Unclebuck

Here's my 64 I picked up last fall. I'm new to the hobby an this forum. It seems like a good place to hang out a couple nights a week.

post-75041-14313851354_thumb.jpg