Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

On 5/12/2021 at 10:09 PM, RivNut said:

Outside mirrors were also an option. The only mirror that was standard was the rear view mirror.

Wow, even a (basic) "non-remote" outside mirror --- that's just crazy!  Of course I thought you must be joking, and I didn't realize that because our sticker lists the remote control mirror option. 

I also would've thought (in the '60s) that a drivers side rearview mirror would've been a government mandated safety item. 

What's also equally strange is how they listed all the Riviera "Standard Items" at the bottom, which normally would be considered optional items on other vehicles.  For example, why they wouldn't make the Tilt Steering Column an option, and make the Whitewall Tires a Riviera standard item is just bizarre.  It was obviously nothing but pure marketing strategy; albeit very strange in today's automotive sales strategy.

Edited by K Rmanr (see edit history)

On the Team Buick website, you can find a complete list of every option available for Buick’s 1963 full sized models.  Very interesting.  There are two “suggested” option listings for dealers when ordering floor models.  

10 hours ago, RivNut said:

On the Team Buick website, you can find a complete list of every option available for Buick’s 1963 full sized models.  Very interesting.  There are two “suggested” option listings for dealers when ordering floor models.  

Hi Ed, are you able to pin point where that can be found. I scoured the site for a few hours and failed to find it.

many thanks

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

2 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Hi Ed, are you able to pin point where that can be found. I scoured the site for a few hours and failed to find it.

many thanks

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

On the Team Buick Reference Library page:  https://www.teambuick.com/reference/index.php 

Try picking the model year you're looking for, (and look under "options").

TeamBuickReferenceLibrary.png

Team Buick Reference Library '67 Options-Riviera.jpg

Edited by K Rmanr (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 1:10 PM, Greg 63 said:

7780ACE0-2E45-437D-A996-21953AB32547.jpeg

72B9CA4B-4BBF-4DC7-9ABE-AF1006C0DAB9.jpeg

I wonder if this is the color my car was originally.  Is this the only blue stock color (specifically '64 even though I'm guessing this is a '63)?  Looks great, BTW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riv West sussex said:

I am the proud owner from today of this 1966 Buick Riv (UK). Can't stop looking at it. I have no regrets of selling my E-type for this comfortable cruiser.

Congratulations and welcome to the Riviera family! 

On 5/20/2021 at 3:18 PM, Kink56 said:

So far I have owned a 1963 (not a fan of the Dynaflow) 1967 GS, 1971 and three 1996 Rivieras. I currently own two 1996 Rivieras. Here is my latest:

P1050319.JPG

Congrats. That is a killer color on the last gen Rivs along with chrome wheels.  

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 5:29 PM, PWB said:

I follow this gentleman on Instagram. He takes great pictures of his Riviera all across Central Canada. Don't beat him up about the front bumper. He drives his car more in a month than most of us drive ours in a year! 

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 5:29 PM, PWB said:

The comments in that article are brutal. Proof that opinions are like a#&holes, everybody has one. No one concedes that the mods are the owners choices and if they make him happy, then it should be good enough for the rest. 

5 minutes ago, EmTee said:

Great picture -- did you use a filter, or was the sky really that red?

FB5363A1-9FA8-42A5-9F68-9BD9C782DD4B.jpe

Hi EmTee, thank you.  It was Beautiful. That is right off my phone. No filter at all. 
Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Finn Riv said:

Hello all! And greetings from sunny and hot Finland! Here’s my new ’63 Riviera. Bought it abouth month ago. Very nice car!

Welcome to the family and enjoy!

If you are interested, contact @Schmiddy in Switzerland about joining the Riviera Owners Association in Europe. 

15 hours ago, arnulfo de l.a. said:

My daily driver  got new shoes. These rally 802’s were widend 1”. Very happy with the outcome.  Feel much safer being that my original 6” hubcap type rims were badly worn at the mounting holes. Scary when doing slight curves on frwy. 

Cool daily driver and neat looking dog!

On 6/21/2021 at 10:50 AM, Tim_ said:

My last post in this thread was 10 years ago and back on page 2. Was my dad's since new, and now passed on to me. '63 with the 401.

Tim, awesome inheritance!

I hope to hear from you more often about your Riviera adventures! 

On 6/25/2021 at 4:34 PM, Bill Loeb said:

Despite the fact that she was supposed to be a running, driving car and she is far from it, she looks nice 

You have a great looking Riv. It'll get there. Slowly but surely! 👍

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)

Just throwing this out here. Pretty sure we all love looking at Rivieras, and since the meet was canceled...

I’d love to see EVERYONE post some pictures of their cars on here.  Virtual Riv meet if you will..

Here’s mine & Robert Doren’s black on red 64 at a show in Urbana Ohio on the 4’th.

The silver/ silver 63 is a ROA member from Urbana. Unfortunately, I forgot his name. Beautiful car

22476A06-5049-4438-8FC3-9497F98781EA.jpeg

13493618-DE12-470E-BCE8-F7ED863DCC5F.jpeg

C7F2CF7E-5CAE-4099-8DAF-BFAEFB5CC7F0.jpeg

Edited by 71GS (see edit history)
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Any idea what the gizmo is on the dash right in front of the steering wheel?

Ed, yeah it is an accessory tach. Definitely a little later era but kinda neat. The dial rotates around.  

post up some pics of your cars. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them. 😁

• Like 1