Saw the Wienermobile this morning....

keiser31

13 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Anyone know what chassis the current Wienermobile is based on? Wheels look kinda truckish but bodywork is kinda swoopy like an E-type...

DK if they'd send the Wienermobile down here to the land of the red hot dog!😄

Some specifications....

IMG_0104 - Copy.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Whoe doesnt love the wiener mobile?

I passed one travelling on the PA turnpike a few years ago. Thats about as close as I could get. Something like this one would think it would make a presence at some prestigious car event, something like.................HERSHEY!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, 7th Son said:

To keep this post from falling victim to a grim moderator, I'm adding an antique to the thread.

This was the first Weinermobile: 1936.

AEn0k_uGxTwnFrQWhqjQ4owW8vPoHRWa-WtvhO5ZwpGdHHZM_YzmAy5-lzrti_vB6gZ8naxGOf8t1PXNkbdwTL3IP5kzz_k5sjmSs-GtWsSTJYDUAlKa-E_NnNb8ykjD7-i4sS8=s0-d

Are those Mopar or Chevy artillery wheels?

The “German wiener” part was probably quietly dropped after the invasion of Poland. Maybe earlier.

• Like 3

It was at the Dream Ride and Dream Cruise for the Special Olympics at the Farmington Ct. Polo Grounds the weekend of August 24th. for Special Olympians from around the world. We raised $7 million over the weekend!!

P.S. I got a whistle for my Grandson also

image.jpeg.5c4d16f2c61103f62f5300b72df2a563.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

OK, fellow Gearheads…what do these two vehicles have in common?

…and no, it’s not something like internal combustion, four wheels, two headlights, etc.

IMG_1016.jpeg

IMG_1017.jpeg

2 hours ago, KRK Sr. said:

The LL Bean Boot was in Mechanicsburg PA last Saturday. They opened a new store here. I am told they have just two of them. It was the first I ever saw one. ONE OF A PAIR? Karl

15 Surprising Facts You Never Knew About the L.L.Bean Bootmobile

Thats almost as cool as a giant Hot Dog!  I wonder if the other one is R hand drive?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Lee H said:

OK, fellow Gearheads…what do these two vehicles have in common?

…and no, it’s not something like internal combustion, four wheels, two headlights, etc.

IMG_1016.jpeg

IMG_1017.jpeg

Are they built on the same chassis?

2 hours ago, JACK M said:

Are they built on the same chassis?

No. The Excalibur and the 1958 Wienermobile were both designed by Brooks Stevens. Which seems appropriate to me.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DavidinCA said:

Do any vintage Weinermobiles exist?  

I recall seeing one at one of the Baret Jackson Pheonix auctions they were pumping one up as one their Saturday night primetime vehicles, had to be well over 20 years ago. Isn't their one at the AACA Museum in Hershey?

The 1952 model is at the Henry Ford Museum.

The 1995 models were built in Fresno.  They had problems fitting the huge curved windshields (made in Norway, I think) into the fibreglass body openings. The had some huge gaps between the glass and body.  I was able to provide them with a molding wide enough to bridge the gaps.  No free hotdogs for me, either.  I even knew one of the executives at the body builder.

Edited by KURTRUK (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Truly, my favorite vehicle ever. I've seen it 4 times, first in 1997.

There is a Weinermobile museum in either Wisconsin or Minnesota. I wasn't able to visit it when I went to both of those states in 2022 so I'm not sure where exactly. 

• Like 1