Gave my wife the ultimatim.

38 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

After a comment she made on Wednesday and a lot of thought I told my wife she is not allowed in my garage until she learns the difference between a backlog and hoarding.

And what did she say? How about, " Honey you know where the couch is". OR.....................V

image.jpeg.9e5d5f76b1243bc5fd3c8dd0f9f54d2e.jpegimage.jpeg.7e748f6e6dc7fd8bbcc738365596f5fb.jpegimage.jpeg.e2975bb7d4c0533d467897a5ecd05968.jpegimage.jpeg.87062acea41aeb045d724924d7b15cab.jpeg

Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, 28 Chrysler said:

I think you opened a can and there is no way to close it.

can-of-worms.jpg

Long as Mrs Flat-top doesn't open one of these everything should be fine.🙂 Happy wife, happy life.

images.jpeg-2.jpg

One of my young pups at the powerplant once said "y'all talk more trash at each other than any bunch of old guys I've ever seen!"

"Grasshopper, imagine what we were like at your age."

"That's scary!"

😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

Twenty-seven years married and she has been in the detached garage 4x just to see if I was alive...😄  she has her animals, I have my cars - happy life !

Replace the word "animals" with "garden" and you've described my/our situation perfectly! (Except that we've been married twenty-nine years and you've been involved in old cars longer than I have...but close enough.)

• Like 1

Before I got my shop organized I had one of my antique motorcycles parked in there. I had it covered with an old sheet. My wife stepped out one evening and blew half a gasket, asking what the heck I bought now? It was a bit of work but I finally convinced her that it was something I have had for years. I suppose its my fault though, when it comes to cars I take the better to ask forgiveness than permission route!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

I took this picture right before the last time she was in the garage.

IMG_1189.JPG.7c9b33beb31134ee45b751625e2a3651.JPG

That sure is a big hole hole someone 

is digging ….

Are you planting a large bonsai tree ?

Looks like it is shaping up

to be a 6 foot x 2 foot hole ….

Jim

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Trulyvintage said:

So when is your Service ?

Public or private ?

Will there be a period of formal

mourning before she has the 

garage/estate sale ?

Jim

... or does it go straight to the dumpster?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got Nothin' to bitch about !

She is a great Tour Navigator,

an AACA Senior Master Judge,

Points out old cars along the way - and even notes incorrect items as we zip by,

and after 54 years, still helps in the garage.

When she bitches about the time and cost involved in her Oncology, chemo, meds, and Physical Therapy,

I just tell (ask) her to keep it going because it would be too hard for me to break-in a replacement.

• Like 10

When I bought my new toy 2 months ago (53 Packard Clipper), I was given the ultimatum by my wife “if you can afford that, you can afford the new master bathroom!”  I guess it’s not too bad since I use the bathroom too and the Packard has replaced her car in the garage. 😀

• Like 3

On 8/13/2023 at 1:41 PM, Trulyvintage said:

So when is your Service ?

Public or private ?

garage/estate sale ?

Jim

Better yet....think I can get anything at what he told her it cost?

I had to drag that old punchline in.

Everybody knows....you just don't tell!

Edited by JRHaelig (see edit history)
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, CChinn said:

When I bought my new toy 2 months ago (53 Packard Clipper), I was given the ultimatum by my wife “if you can afford that, you can afford the new master bathroom!”  I guess it’s not too bad since I use the bathroom too and the Packard has replaced her car in the garage. 😀

As a contractor, I like her way of thinking, LOL. Keeps me in old cars!!

• Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 12:41 PM, Trulyvintage said:

garage/estate sale ?

I was on the wife's computer the other day and I came across a file labeled "Bobs Obituary"  I was kind of disappointed in how short it was.  All it said in bold print was BOB DIED, CARS FOR SALE.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

19 hours ago, Robert G. Smits said:

I was on the wife's computer the other day and I came across a file labeled "Bobs Obituary"  I was kind of disappointed in how short it was.  All it said in bold print was BOB DIED, CARS FOR SALE.

Please make sure she has me in her "Roll-a-Dex"-

Love my '15 Hudson,

but never should have passed along my '14 Buick

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2023 at 8:53 AM, TAKerry said:

Before I got my shop organized I had one of my antique motorcycles parked in there. I had it covered with an old sheet. My wife stepped out one evening and blew half a gasket, asking what the heck I bought now? It was a bit of work but I finally convinced her that it was something I have had for years. I suppose its my fault though, when it comes to cars I take the better to ask forgiveness than permission route!

Holey Moley.  I had the same experience.  Old bike in the corner covered with a blanket.  Left the blanket off one day and wife happened to go into the shop for some reason.  She came back into the house, and said "there is a MOTORCYCLE out there".  In a moment of absolute inspiration, I jumped up with "SAY WHAT??" and ran out to the shop.  Waited a few minutes then went back into the house declaring "SANTA IS REAL!!".  

You ever heard the term stink eye?  Boy did I get one that day.  

True story.  

• Haha 7

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2023 at 10:33 AM, Marty Roth said:

I got Nothin' to bitch about !

She is a great Tour Navigator,

an AACA Senior Master Judge,

Points out old cars along the way - and even notes incorrect items as we zip by,

and after 54 years, still helps in the garage.

When she bitches about the time and cost involved in her Oncology, chemo, meds, and Physical Therapy,

I just tell (ask) her to keep it going because it would be too hard for me to break-in a replacement.

Did she grow up in Stratford?

2 minutes ago, Buick35 said:

Did she grow up in Stratford?

Stratford? - No,

Strictly New Orleans and Grand Isle, Louisiana,

... but we did enjoy visiting Stratford on Founders Tour / London-to-Brighton this past summer.

Now while she recovers from three breaks to her leg and ankle as a result of a fall,

one of her complaints, other than the serious pain,

is that we had to miss the GLIDDEN TOUR

• 1 month later...

my wife and i are married over 41 years the only time she got upset was when the ups driver was dropping of packages at the garage and wanted to see what i was working on due to everything i was buying.....thank goodness when she complained to her dad he said he is a good provider doesn't chase women/gamble or get in trouble leave him alone in the garage or he may love his car more than you

• Like 1

10 hours ago, steven 123 said:

my wife and i are married over 41 years the only time she got upset was when the ups driver was dropping of packages at the garage and wanted to see what i was working on due to everything i was buying.....thank goodness when she complained to her dad he said he is a good provider doesn't chase women/gamble or get in trouble leave him alone in the garage or he may love his car more than you

FB_IMG_1656548534178.jpg.391d0f16273820e4f0e7f8d0e90cd664.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3