Any members near Hershey PA that can look at a car for me. It's in Halifax PA

Well here it is.  Dusty and all.  I was hoping for original paint,  which at first inspection one might think so,  but I think it had atleast a partial,  but It was a very long time ago.  Who knows.  Maybe even in the 30's.  Interior is quite nice and I think original but I'll have to investigate more. 

It doesn't run so we loaded it right into the garage,  so no outside photos.  I did get a few.  Here is a teaser,  as if this thread wasn't enough already. 

Had to move the Brockway out first so I snapped this one of her polished up out in the sun. image.jpeg.2c45d9f6430f2ceca6bdc60ad6df0c7f.jpeg

IMG_3740.JPG

• Like 2

I think it’s kind of funny, that I posted photos of the actual car last week, and then nobody figured it out. Go back and look! 🤪

• Thanks 1

Post more photos, or I’ll call your wife and tell her you bought a Pierce Arrow……….project! 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Post more photos, or I’ll call your wife and tell her you bought a Pierce Arrow……….project! 😏

Project is implied when he buys any kind of car. 

• Like 1

The grille shell actually I think is full plated as the bead around it you see chromed is part of the stamped shell so they had to plate the whole thing to accomplish that. 

I'm going to try to leave it as original as possible,  but the floor matt has a big chunk missing on the driver's side. (rest of the interior is very nice for the age). I just found a reproduction floor matt.  I think since so much of it is damaged that it would be acceptable to replace it.  Obviously it won't techinally be original then but the repro is an exact match,  not a generic fits all piece.  

Windshield frame has been rechromed but I believe all the rest is original. 

The running board covers are actually aged but honestly not too bad for the age. 

image.jpeg.2b25aea3b69027ff4628d5c77bd3172a.jpeg

I have very fond memories of the1933 Plymouths, especially the PC with the plated shell. My good friend Stan Marcum when he lived in Syracuse, NY had a magnificent 1933 PC conv coupe he restored and I first saw at a Plymouth Club meet when it was held at an old resort in Deposit , NY. ( this is over 60 years ago) Grand old wood structure ( but a bit nervous for my parents who thought it may be a fire trap)  The Plymouth Club ( then the Plymouth 4 Cylinder Owners Club) had a national meet there and that's when I met Stan. Greatest guy, we were friends for decades, and I recall the ride he gave me in his PC conv. coupe. Years later bought the 1933 Chrysler CT conv coupe he restored. He took a 1st place award with the CT at Hershey - he drove the car to Hershey and back from Syracuse, NY - he never owned a trailer!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

There is a chrome bead on the grill shell of the 34 hudson that I had. And the rest of the grill shell was painted, with no chrome under the paint. So they must have been able to just chrome part of it. Your grill shell might not be chrome under the paint.

Don't worry I wasn't thinking of cleaning the paint off it.  I actually like the painted  as. opposed tp plated look on these.  The grille looks a tad awkward if it was all chrome.  The angles don't lend themselves as nicely as the 32 did. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Well here it is.  Dusty and all.  I was hoping for original paint,  which at first inspection one might think so,  but I think it had atleast a partial,  but It was a very long time ago.  Who knows.  Maybe even in the 30's.  Interior is quite nice and I think original but I'll have to investigate more. 

It doesn't run so we loaded it right into the garage,  so no outside photos.  I did get a few.  Here is a teaser,  as if this thread wasn't enough already. 

Had to move the Brockway out first so I snapped this one of her polished up out in the sun. image.jpeg.2c45d9f6430f2ceca6bdc60ad6df0c7f.jpeg

IMG_3740.JPG

I would like to see that in Springfield, Illinois next month!!   https://aths.org/convention/

Craig

Plymouth made 3 different models on 1933 ...

First PC  -Chromed radiator shell.  Flying lady attached to shell. Not removable.   radiator cap under hood.  107" wheelbase

PD  Longer wheel base.  chrome bead on shell.  Removable flying lady cap.  112" wheelbase

PC standard or PCXX-  painted shell. - wheelbase.  108" 

Edited by 31plymouth
wheelbase correction (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, 31plymouth said:

Plymouth made 3 different models on 1933 ...

First PC  -Chromed radiator shell.  Flying lady attached to shell. Not removable.   radiator cap under hood.  107" wheelbase

PD  Longer wheel base.  chrome bead on shell.  Removable flying lady cap.  112" wheelbase

PC standard or PCXX-  painted shell.  shortest wheelbase.  108" 

Hi 31plymouth,

My 1933 Plymouth PC pictured above is a 108" wheelbase and the Emblem is part of the Fixed Flying lady ornament assy. also first year of Flathead six 189 cu.in. with straight axle

Cheers

10 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Ok I'll share the last two I took.

I know I need to do better.  Maybe I'll shoot a few more tomorrow.  You know these digital photos are expensive. 

Great looking car.

You really should hire a photographer; you're probably making Nick kinda jealous with those shots ;)