Pictures - Hershey 2021

alsancle

2 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Esso watchdog oil heat dog!  Very neat to see one.

Bingo!  I have him on some smalls but this would be awesome.  Maybe not auto gas and oil, in its strictest sense but very closely related and an Esso product.  

• Like 1

At Fall Carlisle,  there are 482 cheapie tool dealers.... Harbor Freight emporium .....

At HERSHEY,  signs of every sort, have replaced CAR PARTS (Not me --- I am 100 % Antique Automotive Car Parts...) But signs, they are Everywhere..... and they are not shy about their prices...

$ 450 for this, $ 750 for that, the bigger and older the sign, $ 3000 for this, $ 5000 for that.... (And they pick up my $ 10 tranny mounts, play with them , don't  ask the price, and walk away...)

I think the estimate is light..........2 plus is my guess. What’s half a mile among friends? Another private J sale recently of a closed car at numbers that I would expect to be about equal to this offering. The J market is on fire........sure wish I owned a few!

• Like 3

Steve, I think it may have been the same place but it looked to me (and I am no expert) a lot of those signs were repros. Nothing wrong with that I would hang them just the same as an original. But the prices seem astronomical. I would expect to pay may $40-$80 for a good one, not hundreds! Maybe Im just out of the loop and removed from reality. I swear some of them had painted on bullet holes and rust.

It is very refreshing to look in the background of these pictures and see the lack of four door pickups with camping trailers crammed inches apart. The last time I went the Chocolate field was almost impassable because of them, enough of a memory to lose my excitement about going this year. (If they just didn't give you the feeling they were so territorial)  It looks like the crowd is a little lighter as well.

2022 is only a year away. I guess I will put it back on the list.

• Like 2

Was there yesterday. Brought along my Sweetie Gwynne. Forgot my good camera. Did get a photo by the Oscar Mayer Weiner Mobile. Gwynne's first time there. She was overwhelmed but did fine a nice Hammer within the first half hour. She want's to return next year and spend more time. She's a keeper. Dandy Dave!

IMG_20211007_114254.jpg.39e90efaed4670e9ad9701eee9a68c01.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, alsancle said:

Back in 87 I had a three week fascination with these.

6FB25EDE-0ABF-44CE-9F0D-41BB1647CC99.jpeg

Whenever I see a guy driving one of these, I assume it is a shrewd play as it relates to the ladies.......who find these irresistible.  

It’s like showing up at a party and seeing your “all around regular guy Buddy Mike (in his 50’s)” , talking to all the single women at the party and he’s wearing skinny jeans for what you know is the first time in his life.   You are about to call him out in a loud voice but he catches your eye and you have a moment of “understanding and respect” (unspoken between the two of you).  You give a subtle nod in his direction and head the other way to grab a beer and watch from a distance how it all plays out. 

in the end, it doesn’t yield the desired results. 

not that there’s anything wrong with Metropolitans.....

• Haha 4

The 1934 Pierce brought ALL the money. It’s an eight, and a factory body. Well known and documented car from new. It’s always been a good car, and always been on the road. This was the second total restoration done on the car. I thought it came out well, and is very tasteful.

• Like 2

Thank you all for taking the time to post your photos. For some of us age and health concerns make visiting this gathering impossible. It's through your photos and comments that we are able to stay in touch with what's going on. 

Thank you again. 

Do they bring cars & trucks that moved most of this country during the pre-war era? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 32tatra said:

Just went for a night time walk by the AACA Museum, and this car was parked in front.  With nobody around.  I know I would not be doing this if it was my car!!  

That car is on the road for three weeks. Driving from Hershey, to DC, then down through Virginia and into the Carolina’s. Owned by a well known collector. Great car, being used as it should.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fossil said:

Do they bring cars & trucks that moved most of this country during the pre-war era? 

If you mean the typical cars, not the glamorous models,

absolutely yes.  There are plenty of them.  And there are

lots of cars even in the 1970's, which are rarely pictured

in our magazine.  The show represents the full range of

interests.

The smaller number of high-end models may just be

someone's interest, and get photographed and posted.

• Thanks 1

Friday AM.  Gukf sign amusing, but apparently market, 2nd. One in this range we have seen this year.  One of dad's customers gave him one of these, which he gave to me a while back.  These are really not that old, late 70s, early 80s.  But they look good and light up.

My wife's favorite Hershey pic.  Good thing I do not have a truck or neighbors might be really annoyed.

I think $125k on woodie so I failed in everyday cars but it was pretty nice.

20211008_120248.jpg

20211008_082235.jpg

20211008_081451.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, car crazy said:

An annual visitor to the swap meet. You haven’t made the entire trek through the  flea market unless you’ve spotted him. Nice guy with a good sense of humor.

C87FA618-A18E-4955-B719-8523DCCDD006.jpeg

I spotted this fellow. Just luck I suppose as we saw maybe only 10% of the flea market. Thinking I may need to get a handicap cart of some sort built as It is getting hard to walk around like I use to. Dandy Dave! 

• Like 2