Pictures - Hershey 2021

alsancle

Thank you for taking the time to post these photos.  I greatly appreciate the ability to be there in sprit by seeing them.  I’m still gasping at the price on the 1959 Impala, the demand for them must be greatly increasing.  Please continue to post as your schedule permits!  
Terry

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Its one of those transferred earlier custom bodies from an older make chassis, not infrequently a defunct nameplate, to a new chassis.  Derham offered that service as well as other remaining coachbuilders to fill out the workload in their shops.  The motivation was the wealthy owner liked their current body, recalled how costly it was originally, recognized it was still in fine condition because of their chauffeur's stewardship, but also recognized the old chassis on which it was mounted was out-of-date.  Some were motivated by a distaste for the current styling trend, wished to keep their personal car in the older design, however much a mismatch of style.

Kind'a like a modern day street rod?  

Ben

Lots of interesting cars this year.......seems a better variety than the last few. My cell battery is on the way out, so I didn’t take many photos, and none are worth posting. Of most Intrest......I saw several mid to late 70’s cars that had total restorations that were very well done. Personally I don’t car for any of the 70’s cars but several I saw could have been driven on the field at Pebble.........to see paint of that quality on a car from that era really made the cars stand out. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

8 hours ago, alsancle said:

Did you come by my spot?

Yeah but will look to catch up today, dad had some spots in orange and green he wanted to visit, we arrived midday.  

Sometimes even the hotel parking lot can be fun at Hershey! 😁

20211006_174609.jpg

• Like 4

Love petroliana at Hershey.  Loved this guy in particular.  Hardcore gas and oil guys know who this is, only one I have ever seen in person. $$$

Great signage this year but prices are insane!!  And yes that is what it looks like on the table... 😯😉

20211007_080440.jpg

20211007_080437.jpg

20211007_080350.jpg

• Like 3