Sign in to follow this  
46 woodie

Aircraft Buzzing.

In my 51 years of going to HERSHEY this was the first time the flea market and show area was buzzed by four airplanes trailing smoke. The first was on Thursday and again on Saturday. I don't know who was responsible but they should make it a new tradition!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Those four guys need a feature in Antique Automobile, were they in WWII trainers? They need  to know how well received their flyovers were. Bob 

DSCF4201.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was amazing to see everyone in the row I was in stop whatever they were doing and watch them fly over. Even the guys driving the golf carts stopped..lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I watched them fly over on 2 different days.  I agree with making it a tradition.

It was wonderful to see the skillful demonstration.

Dave

I think it was fun, too...don't think they were real old planes, probably more modern aerobatic planes....equipped with oil drip into exhaust to make the smoke trail......still looked and sounded great!

• Like 1

It was a treat to see; and see all the cars guys pause to see and hear the flight show. In addition, there were pairs of A-10 Warthogs flying across the park most days. No doubt they are Air National Guard pilots getting their hours; and enjoying a view of us!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

In my 51 years of going to HERSHEY this was the first time the flea market and show area was buzzed by four airplanes trailing smoke. The first was on Thursday and again on Saturday. I don't know who was responsible but they should make it a new tradition!!!!!!!

In the sixties and early seventies when the airport was across Hershey Park Drive, small airplanes would fly over the show field and flea market.  Often they would trail a sign, like "Welcome to Hershey"

And the Region has aerial photos of the swap meet field for many years, but has stopped recently. There was a helicopter over the show field Saturday. Perhaps someone was taking pictures. Thankfully, no drones were seen.

There was one Drone that flew over Saturday. I was watching them from where I was parked in Row 10.

Drones and some large RC Planes must be register with the FAA now with specific rules!

The FAA prohibits Drones from flying over events such as ours, and to make matters worse this guy was flying low at the same time and the same air space as a small Cessna type private plane that was making passes and circling .