Please introduce yourself...

Most of us have a Buick Problem too. Just look at the list of cars under most folks signatures. There is a twelve step program, but it centers on catering to the addiction rather than combating it. But welcome anyway.

Guest Drenthe

Hi, my name is Randy. I am retired from govt service and returned to my little hometown to enjoy a quiet life.

I recently bought two nice Buicks. A 1970 Skylark and a 55 Buick Special. Love driving both.

i am not a mechanic or handyman so i am just learning how to do the basic things to keep my old cars on the road.

Your forum is very informative and the fast response of your members to a question is amazing. You will never find that in govt work. Haha

Hi,

my name is Eric and I live in Switzerland. (Sorry for my poor English!)

Last year I had the great opportunity to purchase a beautiful Riviera '65, assembled by GM Swiss. Looks pretty well and is a very good driver (only one owner before me!). Still, there is a lot to do on it, but I have a lot of time to restore it step by step.... First thing will be the whole interior.

I hope to find a lot of good inspiration in this forum and salute all the Buick owners out there!

Greetings from Berne,

Eric

Hi,

Last year I had the great opportunity to purchase a beautiful Riviera '65, assembled by GM Swiss. Looks pretty well and is a very good driver (only one owner before me!). Still, there is a lot to do on it, but I have a lot of time to restore it step by step.... First thing will be the whole interior.

I hope to find a lot of good inspiration in this forum and salute all the Buick owners out there!

Greetings from Berne,

Eric

Well, your English is better than my German, French, Italian, or Romansh..

Icht nein sprechen

Je ne pas parlais

Let us see some photos of your Buick !

Hi,

Greetings from Berne,

Eric

Your English is good Eric. Bulldog speaks for me as well, I couldn't say it as well as he did.

Geoff

Your English is good Eric. Bulldog speaks for me as well, I couldn't say it as well as he did.

Geoff

Hi guys and thank you for the warm welcome here in this forum! Never mind, I think my english will be enough to understand you questions and answers - thanks to google translate ;)

Looking foreward to the exchange with you guys out there!

Bye & see you soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ciao a tutti, my name is Timothy Stark, I live in the southern part of Switzerland (near Italy) my mother language is italian but I also speak french and a little bit of german, I'm 23 years old and since I got my driving license I'm driving US cars, first a 2000 chevy camaro that my father had, then with some hard working I bought my first car, a 1988 pontiac trans am, and on sepember 2013 I bought my first oldtimer, a 1955 buick century 2dr ht to start a restoration project. Now I'm in the mounting part of the project, engine, tranny and paint are done.

Greetings from Lugano!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JerryHaggerty

My Name is Jerry Haggerty and i m Auto Dealer at jerry haggerty chevrolet located in Glen Ellyn, IL.

Guest chuck finley

I'm chuck finley I have a 37 special straight 8 it's a rusty bum but I love her and will fix her like new I will have many stupid questions I'm a chevy man never a straight eight when google your form came up and I think it's great thank u 4 letting me join

Chuck welcome to the forum.  The members here are very helpful and know a lot about your car and straight eights in general.  They have been a great help to me on problems with my 40 Roadmaster and I know they can help you with any questions that are sure to come up.

Welcome aboard Supercruiser!!!!!!!!!! thanks for introducing yourself and hope you will make this a regular pit stop.

Hope also to see that Century estate wagon in the Me and My Buick forum. That is quite a list of previous owned Buicks!!! Some of my favs.

Hello,

My name is Roland and I'm from Estonia.

I know there is a location in U.S.A. too called Estonia,but I'm from the Estonia,that is located in Europe.

Little bit of background:

My father is a big fan of old Soviet motorcycles.Currently he has 18 of them...

My older brother is a fan of big vehicles - he used to own a BTR (Soviet transporter tank) and now he just has some Soviet rigs like ZIL and KRAZ.

Probably it runs in the family...So,my first collectible car is 1980 Corvette and afterwards I got myself a Buick Super.

My yongest brother is also into bicycles...Passion to old vehicles must be in the family :D...

I have a 3 year old son,who also is a big fan of cars (obviously).

I work in the IT field (I'm not a programmer,I just know alot from the technical side).

So...Welcome everyone =) .In Estonian language it is "Teretulemast kõigile :P."

• Like 1

Hello, Just joined.

My current Buick is a 1949 Super 56S Sedanette

I bought it as a partial restore and plan on getting her back on the road for this season and then tearing it apart for a more thorough rebuilt this winter.

Previous Buicks I've owned are:

'57 Roadmaster Conv.

'57 Super 4dr

'61 Invicta Conv.

'64 Riviera fact Dual 4bl

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gmeyer316

hello everyone, I am Greg Meyer from Bremerton Washington. I just acquired a 55 Buick Century model 61 four door sedan.

post-154034-0-31169300-1436590842_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all I am Scott from Colorado.  Just a quick intro since I have been lurking on this board for a while and have already asked a couple of questions and made a few posts.  While I have always been into old cars, I drove a Studebaker in high school in the late 70s, early 80s, I’ll keep this to Buicks, since it is the Buick into part of the forum. :)

Although I started out with Chevys and Brit cars, through my Father-in-laws influence my wife and I have several Buicks spanning from ’54 to ’64, from Roadmasters to Rivieras, including early compact Specials and Skylarks.  These range condition from complete projects to daily drivers.  I am currently driving a ’63 Skylark as my daily driver and trying to get a ’54 Roadmaster back on the road to take the Father-in-Law out for a drive on weekends. 

I have been slightly more active on the 54 Buick Highway (Hi, Mr. Earl and all!) and Team Buick sites, but have gotten some great help and enjoyable reading here too.  We are still working on rebuilding after losing our house the Black Forest fire, so I haven’t had the time I’d like to pursue automotive interest.  That experience has put the need to prioritize things better in perspective.  As we try to clean up all of our projects, I will be posting some things for sale here as well as questions about what I’m working on.  Of course, I hope to be able to help others out from my experiences as well.

Thanks,

See you on the Buick Highway!

Scott

• Like 2

Guest Bishop55

Hello everyone. My name is Robert and I've just picked up my Buick. She's a '55 Special hardtop, and we love her. I've been around the block a few times with various hot rods and motorcycles, but this car is truly the best one I've owned.

I'm from Texas, in between Austin and San Antonio. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as this is also the oldest car I've owned. I'll get some pictures up in the other thread soon. Can't wait to get to know you all.

Robert

Hello all I am Scott from Colorado.  Just a quick intro since I have been lurking on this board for a while and have already asked a couple of questions and made a few posts.  While I have always been into old cars, I drove a Studebaker in high school in the late 70s, early 80s, I’ll keep this to Buicks, since it is the Buick into part of the forum. :)

Although I started out with Chevys and Brit cars, through my Father-in-laws influence my wife and I have several Buicks spanning from ’54 to ’64, from Roadmasters to Rivieras, including early compact Specials and Skylarks.  These range condition from complete projects to daily drivers.  I am currently driving a ’63 Skylark as my daily driver and trying to get a ’54 Roadmaster back on the road to take the Father-in-Law out for a drive on weekends. 

I have been slightly more active on the 54 Buick Highway (Hi, Mr. Earl and all!) and Team Buick sites, but have gotten some great help and enjoyable reading here too.  We are still working on rebuilding after losing our house the Black Forest fire, so I haven’t had the time I’d like to pursue automotive interest.  That experience has put the need to prioritize things better in perspective.  As we try to clean up all of our projects, I will be posting some things for sale here as well as questions about what I’m working on.  Of course, I hope to be able to help others out from my experiences as well.

Thanks,

See you on the Buick Highway!

Scott

Glad to see ya here Scott. Hope you'll make this a regular stop. Let us see that Roadmaster down in the Me and My Buick Forum.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dooley

Hi all,

new here cuz i'm thinking about buying a 1989 buick reatta.

anything to look out for as far as customery issues vs walk away?

thanks dooley

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stage1cars

Hi all!  My name is Jim Kovalo and I'm from Ohio.  

I'm asking for help locating my 1961 LeSabre 2dr/ht Mod#4437.

It was Venice Blue with wide whitewalls and fender skirts.  364 ci V8 with a Dynaflow trans.

It was sold at Fall Carlisle in 1993 to a gentleman from East Haven,Connecticut.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please contact me at 5kgrand@comcast.net or 740-310-6190.  THANK YOU!!!!

Guest stage1cars

Stage1cars,

We will be holding our CT show next Sunday. I will see what shows. Do you want to buy it back? Or what?

John

I Would like to buy it back if the price is right.  Sorry I don't have better documentation.

JIM

Guest jadjiggs

I am Jerry and have recently rejoined the BCA. Have a '38 Century model 67, an since I am an old rookie, am looking for data plate codes interpretation.

Welcome Jerry, it is great to have another Pre War Buick owner on the Forum.  Please post any photos you have of your "new" ride when you have a chance so we can see what you have.  As for the Data Tag codes, post all the codes on this Forum with " '38 Data Tag Codes?" as the topic here and Sean Smith (screen name sean1997) can decode all those for you.  Also, you can go to www.teambuick.com under their Reference! tab, and some of the codes are there as well.  That site also has the engine and frame number ranges by plant for each year.

Again, welcome to the Buick Forum.

John V.

Wow ---  the 1,000th post on this thread !!

We drove the 1934 Buick in the mountains southwest of Durango, Colorado in Ignacio on the Southern Ute Reservation. The roads and scenery are magnificent.

The occasion was to turn the '34 over to her newest caretaker. After being owned by Lyle Pearson from the 1970s until 1995, and ours for twenty years from July of 1995 until yesterday, she is now with her new Buick-Guy, Vic. He is certain to continue sharing his "new" Buick with the public.

post-97723-0-78772900-1439787075_thumb.j

• Like 1