Please introduce yourself...

Hey there and Happy Holidays,

I live in the Redwoods of Northern California and know that the most elegant of all vehicles ever made (in my not so humble opinion) were the Buick Rivieras. My personal favorite being years '65 and '66 (NAILHEAD!). Although I can sometimes be see driving a 1967 Riviera (triple green trim), this is just an illusion, I am really riding a fire breathing DRAGON! I am now seeking my Legend vehicle that will be passed down through the family and I have chosen 1966 Riviera, so if anyone has leads on a very nice quality '66, please send them my way. My ideal car is a shadow turqious '66 GS with aqua interior & center console & of course cornering lights (wood steering wheel anyone?!).

By the way, anyone got a nice set of Buick Rally wheels (code 802 or 853) or cornering lights they are looking to sell?

Anyway, thought I would introduce myself to this community.

HI!

Essentially,

Gabriel

RoA member: 10472

Edited by gabrielquinn
spelling (see edit history)

I am Bill Abraham have been on here before. I sold (traded) my 90 reatta convert for a 1956 4dr cad hard top. sold that. bought a 1950 Merc. Kustom. still have. bought a 89 Reatta coupe. sold that. now have a 1990 coupe. a real better.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CRex619

Good day everyone! My name is Corey I am based out of Ohio, I recently picked up a 1956 Buick Special 4 door sedan that I'm looking to restore. The reason I picked this up to restore is because I just had a son and I thought that as he gets older it would be a fun father/son project and I've always had a soft spot for older cars.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]227931[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]227932[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]227933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]227934[/ATTACH]

Hello Fellow Buick Enthusiasts, Little Terry Wiegand here, also know as The Buickologist. I sure did not know that the WORLD FAMOUS 1954 BUICK ENTHUSIAST down in Georgia is a Jarhead. Please do not hold this against him. I did my bit with Uncle Sam's Canoe Club decades ago. Lamar, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY! I think we are all guilty of not thanking our veterans enough for what we have here in this country. I am thankful that we can all drive Buicks and Chevrolet Trucks because of our military folks. Barbara and I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!! Terry Wiegand Doo Dah America

Sorry I missed this earlier. Thanks for your appreciation, you ol' Salt!!!

Guest BigBlueRiv

Hey I'm Jim and I am a new member to this forum. I own a Marlin Blue 1964 Riviera by Buick. As many of you, my dad was a Buick guy. He was a salesman and said that if you drove a Cadillac your customers would think you were doing too well and didn't need their business. Driving a Buick meant you were doing well, but still working hard. I could use some expert help. I attended the Buick Centennial in Flint, MI in 2003 and bought a Buick Centennial wristwatch. I wondered if I might get some help placing a value on it. It's still in all it's original packaging. Thanks.

Guest 1938buickcoupe

hello my name is Bob and I have a 1938 buick coupe I was wondering what version (trim model) special, business, opera, I have?

What should I look for?

How many trim levels did the coupe come in?

thank you in advance

Hey I'm Jim and I am a new member to this forum. I own a Marlin Blue 1964 Riviera by Buick. As many of you, my dad was a Buick guy. He was a salesman and said that if you drove a Cadillac your customers would think you were doing too well and didn't need their business. Driving a Buick meant you were doing well, but still working hard. I could use some expert help. I attended the Buick Centennial in Flint, MI in 2003 and bought a Buick Centennial wristwatch. I wondered if I might get some help placing a value on it. It's still in all it's original packaging. Thanks.

Hi Jim, a friend of mine is looking for one! I'll ask him what he thinks. I don't remember how much they were in 2003, Are you willing to sell?

Hi Jim,

I don't know what you actually paid for that watch, but I was a member of the committee that put that show on and know that the Buicktown Chapter paid around $18 each for those watches.

Is this the one with the "Buick" script across the top with "2003 Centennial" underneath?

If so, I would be willing to buy that watch from you for $25 plus shipping.

If you're interested please send me an email at: raleets@juno.com

Many thanks,

Bob

Guest BigBlueRiv

Roberta,

At this point, i am just trying to get an idea of what it might be worth, but I might be willing to sell. If your friend is interested have him/her contact me through the forum. Thanks.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MtnRider

Hello all.....my name is Sam and I have joined the forum for my dad and his wife who have a '50 Super Eight that has been sitting in the family barn since about 1976. It is in rough shape and I am tasked with getting as much information as possible as I can for them. I have just started this journey and am looking forward to it.

At this point I am not sure what the plan is for the car.

For me aside from loving beautiful cars I am a motorcycle person. I own a few from a Ducati 748S sportbike to my inherited 1973 and 1974 Moto Guzzi V7 Sports (one running one in many parts). A new found hobby that I am just entering is SCUBA diving and that is just amazing.

I am not sure how often I will post but I do plan on doing more than my share of reading with a question here and there.

Sam

Hey everyone,

After lusting over the first gen Rivieras for a few years I finally rescued one a month ago. I found it sitting in a back lot covered in dust and tumble weeds. Surprisingly engine fired up after a "few" attempts by the seller. Trim/chrome pieces seem to all be there, plastic parts are there but pretty worn, numbers match, some surface rust, interior to include seat upholstery needs to be redone as well as other mechanical/electrical components for a 50 yr-old machine. I've since removed all interior to include instrument cluster, dash etc. Since visiting this forum for a little bit I've learned a bit. I appreciate the knowledge and info shared here. Hope to get my ride on the road...let the madness begin!

jeff

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oldblackcat

Hey folks,

Just bought my first Buick. A '68 Wildcat with tons of potential and lots of work to be done. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I start fixing her up, and this looks like the best place to find answers. Here's a glimpse of the old black cat. More pics after the snow here clears.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]233687[/ATTACH]

David,

Buffalo NY

Hey everyone,

After lusting over the first gen Rivieras for a few years I finally rescued one a month ago. ...let the madness begin!

jeff

Hi Jeff, Congrats on satisfying your desires. How bout some pictures in a new Me and My Buick thread?

Guest cculber

Hi all, I am Clark and have had a 48 Buick since 1978, military duty has kept me away from it. Wife and I finally bit the bullet and had it restored. I'm not too good at that stuff. Hoping to get car to some shows. Kind of confused about the categories to enter. Mean while having fun lurking in the wings.[ATTACH=CONFIG]234609[/ATTACH]

Guest cculber
Welcome aboard cculber, man she's a beauty. Hope to see and hear more down in the other forums especially the Me and My Buick forum !!!! Are you a member of the BCA yet?

Yes, got my card a couple weeks ago.

Guest Tom Duffy

New to this forum. I signed up to help a friend who needs parts to complete his 1949 Buick sedan Street rod project. Car is complete but for the two rear quarter side chrome pieces. They are hard to find. I figured this is the place to look for help finding these parts. They are 76" long. Been looking for weeks now. So any info would be very helpful. Very beautiful car, lots of custom features. Still snowing here in northern Michigan but waiting for these to chrome pieces before he will let anyone see it. Hopefully when done , I will post some pictures.

Tom Duffy Cadillac, Michigan

Hi all, I am Clark and have had a 48 Buick since 1978, military duty has kept me away from it. Wife and I finally bit the bullet and had it restored. I'm not too good at that stuff. Hoping to get car to some shows. Kind of confused about the categories to enter. Mean while having fun lurking in the wings.[ATTACH=CONFIG]234609[/ATTACH]

Hi Clark,

I recognized your beautiful car from the Velocity/Discovery "What Do You Ride?" web site. I've given your car several thumbs-up! :cool:

Ike

Hi Mike, Newbie here. Steve Ernster ("Ernie" for obvious reasons). I have not been active in any type of club or auto organizations up til now and am interested in conversing with fellow enthusiasts so I took a look at this forum. First car purchased was a '40 Special 2 door sedan back in '72 and still have it. It was my everyday driver for may years back then. As a kid I always liked the Fords but by luck of the draw I started with the Special and that shot me in a whole new direction that I have never recovered from. Also have a '66 Chevelle I purchased from my uncle back in high school (still have it) so that gave me a bit of a side bar to the Buicks over the years. I enjoy wrenching on them and have the most fun bringing something that sat for eons back to life. Also enjoy the body work and paint (had a body shop in another life) and occasionally teach paint classes for the guys that want to do it at home (specializing in demonstrating how much can be done without anything special or expensive. I look forward to getting a bit more involved others in the hobby.[ATTACH=CONFIG]235634[/ATTACH]

Welcome to Ernie, Jose and ccluber. Looking forward to your individual thread on the Me and My Buick forum. Nice part about this forum is sharing our experiences all year, instead of just at a National Meet. Hope all three of you consider going the Forum Breakfast at the next national meet.

I'm Geoff, proud owner of a 1949 Super sedanette. It's black, in excellent condition for an older restoration and mechanically excellent. It has never given me any problems, which is good since I believe in driving vintage cars - they're time machines. They combine culture, art, engineering and history in one practical and endearing package.

I purchased the car in February 2012. It was is Pasadena, CA and I had it shipped in a closed trailer (InterCity Lines provided excellent service). I had wanted a 49 sedanette for ten years and in December 2011 I had the conversation with my wife. She supported the purchase and a search ensued. I found the car online the following January and concluded the deal on Saturday, February 4. The car arrived Sunday February 24th, 2012, a great day! It has been a pleasure to own the car and I've made some minor repairs: heater valve and re-plumbing the heater system; disassembling and lubricating the starter, re-doing the vacuum and fuel lines in the engine compartment, replacing the rear shock shaft seals, adjusting the brakes and I am currently removing the dash and garnish to repaint all.

The interior is excellent and correct for the Trim code. I have learned a lot on this forum and met several BCA guys here, all of whom were a great help. I am compiling the narrative and pictures of the dash removal and painting. While it's out, I will replace the wiring harnesses.

Geoff

BCA 46433

Guest 67GS400nut

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Robert S. McKittrick

Charlestown, MA

Multiple business owner including auto storage

1969 Buick GS400 Stage 1 Coupe, 4 speed

1968 Buick GS400 Convertible, 3 speed

1967 Buick GS400 Coupe, 4 speed

1996 Porsche 993 Targa

1993 Ford Mustang 5.0 (331 HiPo stroker) LX Coupe

1975 Mini Cooper

1965 Porsche 356C Coupe

In the process of doing a frame-off restoration on the 1967 GS400.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->

Thanks for the great introduction Geoff and WELCOME. Love them '49 sedanette's

Thanks Lamar. I had the pleasure of spending 12 days in Athens Georgia in 1984 at the then-Navy Supply Corps School. I eventually changed designators and switched to Intelligence, retiring as an Intelligence Officer from the Navy Reserve. Enjoyed Athens nevertheless.

Weren't you selling your '54? I thought I saw a "modified" Uncle Sam ad somewhere...

Geoff

Guest SoCalAngler

Hi, I'm Chuck from So Cal. Considering the purchase of a 1963 Buick Skylark convertible from a friend. Found this site while researching info about the car. Hope to learn from this site and share what I learn with others. My father is currently fixing up a 1964 Ford Falcon convertible and enjoying every minute of it! He's had several cars over the years ('63 Corvette, Model A, MG - A model, '64 Chevy Impala SS - purchased new, '59 Nash Metropolitan, '54 Cadillac CDV, '70 Porsche 911T, '69 Karmann Ghia convertible, '70 Impala convertible, '56 Ford F-100 pick up, and others I can not recall at the moment) and now being retired for several years, has found much enjoyment in tinkering with this Falcon.

BTW...if you can share any info on this Buick (forums, sources for parts, etc) it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome, Chuck! My second car in high school was an MGA - your dad has great taste in cars! The Buick Club of America has a lot of members who are active on these forums, not just on the Buick sites. They have been instrumental sources of information, knowledge and confidence to me as I rebuilt my hearter control valve, replaced the shaft seals on my rear shocks and other improvements on my 49 Super. If you're like me, you will be amazed at how much time you spend on the site.

if you haven't already, join the Buick Club of America to get plugged into great sources of knowledge and parts.

Geoff

Missouri

my name is josh.

i just sold my 66 IH Travelall 1200 4wd so i could get something a little more highway friendly for longer trips etc. Came across a nice 1970 Lesabre 455 on craigslist, which was really the catalyst to sell the travelall. So i ended up with said Lesabre. one owner car, build 10-10-69, sold on 11-11-69. Save for an incorrect replacement vinyl top, and the passenger side of the car being painted, it has turned out to be a very original car. Came with build sheet, protectoplate, and final inspection paperwork. Not to mention that hoss of a 455! anywho...maybe i can help someone, somewhere, with something...but i usually just read.

oh...i put those electra wheel covers on there.

there's my intro

[ATTACH=CONFIG]237103[/ATTACH]

Edited by heff (see edit history)

Hi guys and gals,

I'm Wilfred, I live in The Netherlands and have been a (classic) Mopar driver for over 11 years. But… In the same time my #1 dream car was a 1949 Buick Sedanette. Since this year I own a Buick and will sell my last Mopar for it. It's still in the US but will come here soon (I hope!).

My daily job is theater technician and sound designer. In The Netherlands it's something else as in the US. My job is as follows:

When a theater group begins making a new show I'll make a sound design for it, sometimes (a lot of times) also the lighting plan and video. Then we'll tour through our country and I will build the show every day (sound, light, video), then run the show (sound, light, video), afterwards break it up and go to the next venue the next day.

In the summer there's not a lot of theater work so then I try to drive my classic cars as much I can.

Cheers, Wilfred

Thanks Geoff.

When end it's here will be a surprise. The car has to be shipped to the port first (probably this week) and then wait to be shipped out (takes longer now due to harsh winter) and then a few weeks at sea. I hope it will be here end of March but it will probably be April.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm Adam and have been obsessed with finding a 1955 4 door hardtop Buick for the last two years. I live in the rust belt capital it seems, so my search has been across the US and leaving me to find a car that seems to be close to the cost of getting it home.

I like to ride sport bike (currentlly a Honda '98 VFR800), offroad trail riding with the 400EX when I can and the rest of my time is spent at work or with my young family.

It's a tease to want one of these land yachts, as I'm sure getting one road ready can be almost as costlly as aquiring it. I hope to learn from you folks and maybe get to pull the trigger sooner than later and get my girls in a car to remember like my dad did with his 1962 Sedan Deville.