Please introduce yourself...

Hi! I'm Nahuel, from Argentina. I'm 36 and when I was 22 owned with a friend a 1950 Pontiac chieftain convertible, we´ve restored it but i had to sell him. Finally that car was the one that took my wife and me form the church when we get married. Now I'm about to own a 1947 Buick convertible for restoration. I hope to find here good information and nice people.

See you!

Hi! I'm Nahuel, from Argentina. I'm 36 and when I was 22 owned with a friend a 1950 Pontiac chieftain convertible, we´ve restored it but i had to sell him. Finally that car was the one that took my wife and me form the church when we get married. Now I'm about to own a 1947 Buick convertible for restoration. I hope to find here good information and nice people.

See you!

Nahuel,

Welcome to the forum. Glad that you are restoring a 47 Buick convertible! I also am restoring one and my thread is located in the Me and My Buick forum. Feel free to contact me with any questions that you might have. If you speak Spanish, and feel more comfortable, I also speak Spanish. Please think about joining the Buick Club of America if you do buy the Buick and please post pictures as soon as you have the opportunity! There is a vast amount of knowledge here on the chat board. Matt

http://forums.aaca.org/f163/1947-56c-project-cant-finish-unless-300645.html

Good morning.

Sean and Tracie here from the upper Eastern Shore of Maryland. My wife has a 1970 Wildcat convertible that we purchased a few years ago from the second owner. We have made it road worthy since bringing it home and we are now addressing the cosmetics and hope to be putting some miles on it this summer. My wife caught the Buick bug many years ago when her Dad owned a 70's Riviera. He promised the car to her when she turned 16 but ended up scrapping it due to a blown transmission. Fast forward 20 years and while out searching for a boat tail we stumbled upon this Wildcat in a barn in Pennsylvania. My wife fell madly in love with it. So much so that given the choice of a restored Chevy Impala convertible that we viewed the same day she still chose the non running Wildcat that had been in storage for a decade. I have been daydreaming about my own Buick project...something from the 40's up to maybe 53. I was surprised this past holiday season when my wife gave me a 52 Special as a birthday present. I have spent a few hours on the 52 and have it running and moving under its own power after sitting for 12 plus years. We are also in the middle of the restoration of an old Victorian, knee deep in planning our first daughter's wedding and to further add to the madness we decided to start over again and we have two little ones in diapers. So, no time, patience or extra money for full blown restorations. We are going to fix and repair as we enjoy driving them. Thank you for having us and we look forward to meeting some of you in the near future.

Steve from Stony Creek, CT here. Long-time AACA member (& antique VW enthusiast), very recently new Buick owner--inherited my dad's decent low-miles '03 LeSabre--currently attempting to negotiate CT DMV minefield toward official ownership and registration (there are many hoops yet to jump thru).

I realize it's not an antique, but I still like it. It has been sitting for quite a while, so will need some freshening up and new tires (also eventually a dent magician to see what can be done about that passenger door), but overall very pleased with it.

New BCA member no. 47004 also.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183631[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183632[/ATTACH]

Edited by stock_steve (see edit history)

Welcome to the forum Sean and Tracie. Sounds like you guys have a LOT going on, lol. Would love to see some pictures of your Buicks in the "Me and My Buick" section. Especially the '52. I'm kind of partial to those for some reason. ;)

Welcome to the Buick section Steve! Hope you enjoy your time here.

..Welcome to the Buick section Steve! Hope you enjoy your time here...

Thanks Robert! Maybe someday I'll have a real antique Buick with "AACA street cred!"

I guess I only have 15 more years to go with this one! Ha!

But I do really like my '03, and am looking forward to a long relationship with it, and also hopefully get acclimated to the Buick enthusiast hobby world a bit along the way (I have also recently looked up membership info for the local BCA chapter in my area).

I might even have to start up my own "Me and My Buick" thread.

EDIT: Just got it started up today, March 26, 2013; it is located at: http://forums.aaca.org/f163/2003-buick-lesabre-dark-bronzemist-metallic-348028.html

Thanks again!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183653[/ATTACH]

Steve

2003 Buick LeSabre, Dark Bronzemist Metallic

BCA #47004

Welcome to the forum Sean and Tracie. Sounds like you guys have a LOT going on, lol. Would love to see some pictures of your Buicks in the "Me and My Buick" section. Especially the '52. I'm kind of partial to those for some reason. ;)

Welcome to the Buick section Steve! Hope you enjoy your time here.

What Robert said to both.

And, Steve, You will love the Buick.

Ben

...And, Steve, You will love the Buick.

Ben

Thanks Ben and all,

Finally conquered the grand DMV run-around as of yesterday (which included a "fun" side-trip to the local tax collectors' office in my folks' town to pay some back motor vehicle taxes!).

Can't believe the '03 LeSabre's finallly legally a member of our fleet!

It was sold originally by Wallingford Buick-GMC, which sounds like it's a pretty long-running dealership--founded 1914?! - ref: Since 1914: The Story Of Wallingford Buick GMC | My Buick GMC | Tech Tips and Reviews

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184059[/ATTACH]

Some new skinny whitewall radials are already on order...

Steve

2003 Buick LeSabre, Dark Bronzemist Metallic

BCA #47004

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184058[/ATTACH]

Welcome to the forum Randy. You have come to the right place for help and information. I am working on a '52 Special myself. Is it just me or have I noticed '51/'52 Special projects popping up like weeds around here lately? I'm happy to see them gaining in popularity! Speaking of seeing them, make sure you guys all hop on over to the "Me and My Buick" section and put up some pictures. We love pictures around here. :D

Hello all. Got the urge to buy a Buick wildcat convertible and have been checking the internet daily....no luck yet. I am a member of the Buick club of the Fingerlakes. Thanks for allowing me to join your group. Regards, smoker

Hello, I am a 1961 LeSabre owner. The car has been in my family since at least 1963, originally bought by my great grandfather. It was still a daily driver for my mother-in-law until 2007 when she put water in it and it froze and popped the soft plug. It'll still start and I run it just long enough to move it around the garage but I haven't had the time or tools to properly repair it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184970[/ATTACH]

My goal is to turn this into a marked police unit with all the equipment as my great grandfather was a police officer and did use this vehicle in detective work. I am looking for pictures of any police agency that used the 1961 Buick Full Size cars so help me if you can!

My other vehicle is a 1960 Ford F-100. This was my grandfather's truck and he just gave it to me one day. (That is me in the photo) This is just my "take the dogs to the river" truck that I don't have any immediate plans for other than to just keep it running.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184971[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184972[/ATTACH]

Edited by brianmcfa (see edit history)

What a great introduction, thanks Brian. Couple of nice vehicles!!! Hope to see more about your LeSabre in the Me and My Buick subforum. I love the 61's.

"Dad, when are you going to put extensions on the pedals, these syncronizers are about gone"

184972d1364455778-please-introduce-yourself-briantruck.jpg

Hello, I am a 1961 LeSabre owner. The car has been in my family since at least 1963, originally bought by my great grandfather. It was still a daily driver for my mother-in-law until 2007 when she put water in it and it froze and popped the soft plug. It'll still start and I run it just long enough to move it around the garage but I haven't had the time or tools to properly repair it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184970[/ATTACH]

My goal is to turn this into a marked police unit with all the equipment as my great grandfather was a police officer and did use this vehicle in detective work. I am looking for pictures of any police agency that used the 1961 Buick Full Size cars so help me if you can!

My other vehicle is a 1960 Ford F-100. This was my grandfather's truck and he just gave it to me one day. (That is me in the photo) This is just my "take the dogs to the river" truck that I don't have any immediate plans for other than to just keep it running.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184971[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]184972[/ATTACH]

I wish I could have had any of the cars my parent's or grandparents had. You're quite lucky.

I hope that it's only the soft plugs that are popped. The ones you need to look out for are if it has any on the back of the engine. I lost an engine to a bad freeze once. The soft plugs didn't help in my case since there weren't any on the back of the engine where it cracked.

That's where it's at, right on the back of the motor. Unfortunately, it's behind a motor mount and I have to lift the motor to get to it. Don't have the tools.

I wish I could have had any of the cars my parent's or grandparents had. You're quite lucky.

I hope that it's only the soft plugs that are popped. The ones you need to look out for are if it has any on the back of the engine. I lost an engine to a bad freeze once. The soft plugs didn't help in my case since there weren't any on the back of the engine where it cracked.

Hi everyone. My name is Brody. I am excited to find this forum filled with other enthusiastic Buick owners! For the past 14 years, I've lovingly built and improved what I believe to be the baddest 1965 Electra 2dr sport coupes, equipped with a 425 Nailhead with the factory dual quad setup. Recently my Dad purchased a 1950 Buick Special Sedanette. While looking for a parts car, we came across another one. I purchased it last week, and now here I am scrolling through posts and gaining knowledge, and looking for parts! Most importantly I hope to gain friends and contribute to this great community. Thanks for having me!!

HI......from the wet side of Washington State. We've owned our 1954 Special More -door for several years......her name is Edith. She shares the garage with my wife's MINI. We can almost put the MINI in Edith's trunk. Little by little we are fixing her up.......she is stock although some previous owner had her painted cheap...that's a problem, not a show car, just fun to drive around on sunny days (not many of those around here). I've recently retired and have begun working on a few things, and have received great advise from others in the Buick community. Right now I have a lot more questions than answers, but I hope to be of help to someone once I get a little more knowledge. Current projects are to work on the suspension, lower her a bit and shine up the bumpers (and get the dents out of the bumper guards).

I'd love to hook up with some others in the area if possible.

I joined BCA last year...I don't know what my number is......how can I find that out?

Bob......Tacoma, WA

Welcome to the forum Bob! I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome from Lamar AKA MrEarl soon too. He's the resident fitty-fo' Buick man around here. :) We'd love to see some pictures of Edith over on the "Me and My Buick" section. You can get your BCA number from the outer paper cover of your Buick Bugle magazine. It's a 5 digit number next to your name and address. If you joined last year I'm guessing it starts with a "4". Again, welcome to the forum Bob. I'm sure that you will enjoy your time here. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Recently, I have noticed a lot of activity with people who have less than 20 posts. I, for one, am excited to see this. If you have always wanted to get into the fray around here, kindly introduce yourselves . We really don't bite, and there is more automotive knowledge here than you can find anywhere else on the web.

Welcome in...

Mike, my name is Robert and I am a Mopar guy (sorry are you still not going to bite?). But I love all old cars and trucks, I recently came across some Buick parts from a 51 Roadmaster and would like to know the best place to list them. Any input will be appreciated. You can e-mail me at rfuerderer@sau29.org Thanks

Pictures...........we would LOVE to see such.

Dale in Indy

We had a new 54 Skylark, it was two weeks old when while I was slowly backing up, a friend opened the pass door, it caught on a parked bread trucks front bumper, and door folded, hinges broke, and it fell to the ground. DAD SAID, JUST DON'T TELL YOUR MOTHER.

He was a Buick dealer, YES he was upset, when he saw how upset i was, well, he calmed down, and said, JUST DON'T TELL YOUR MOTHER. A new door was flown in that afternoon, and shop worked all night to replace, Mon NEVER knew.

Dale in Indy

Hello fellow members, John here from DFW area in Texas. My first car was a 2 dr 55 Special, loved that car. After I left home and moved away, my stepdad sold that car for a paltry sum to get it out of his way, years later I realized what a prize it was and always wanted another. Roll forward 35 years later, I could not afford a 2 dr so I settled on a 4 dr sedan, not quite the same but satisfied that yearning I had for so long! Have had car several years but became disabled from my profession as a diesel mechanic and could not put the money into it I wanted to. I have just settled on it just being a "driver" for now. Just recently learned of the forums and how helpful they could be. Good solid information is sometimes hard to come by but I have found alot on this forum. My 55 is currently driveable, but just barely. It has not been registered in a few years because of the cost for insurance and such when it really is not road worthy for a long trip or anything. I have my original trans scattered for rebuild and a temporary in it so I can move it around. I have 5 grown children and 5 grandsons and a faithful wife of 40 years. (She is amazing to live with me 40 yrs!) Should have posted here earlier, I am still learning how to use the forum. John (TexasJohn55)

Hi from Terry Lyons Quick65. Just got a 54 skylark project. Previous rebuilds fords and Lincoln.

Welcome aboard Terry and thanks for stopping in and introducing yourself. Look forward to seeing and hearing about the Skylark. Hope to see it in the Me and My Buick Forum and also maybe over on the '54 Buick Highway 1954 Buick Highway - Welcome to the 1954 Buick Highway!

Welcome aboard TexasJohn. You should join up with the Texas Road Warriors when you get that fitty fibe runnin and head to South Bend or maybe next year to Portland.

Hi there.

My name is Lasse, living in Denmark and two years older than my Buick. I have always been into American cars, my first one at 19 years old was a 1958 Ford Fairlane, then there were 1958 Ford Custom 300 (351 cui Cleveland), 1968 Chevelle 396SS and a 1971 Camaro RS (396 BB, 4-speed).

In the garage there is also my 1966 Sunbeam Alpine and my wife's 1968 Triumph Herald 13/60.

I'm working in the Danish National Police, but currently contracted as Head of Mission in a European Union Aviation Security Mission in South Sudan, so there is not much pleasure-driving at this time:(

Last autumn I purchased a 1957 Buick Century Riviera 4-door hardtop in USA and had it shipped to my home country Denmark.

Its near original with only 38.000 miles on the meter and sometime over the years partly repainted in its original colours.

I have had the car inspected and is now registered in Denmark, but since I am currently deployed to South Sudan I haven't had much chance of driving it around, but the bit I have shows a perfectly running car.

Please check my other thread dated today, looking for information about the Buick: http://forums.aaca.org/f115/wanted-history-my-1957-century-349627.html

Happy to be here

Cheers, Lasse

Edited by Ragusa (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

I just joined the Buick Club of America. I don't currently own a Buick automobile but I hope to change that in the future. I have owned several Buick Electra 225 cars over the years. I love the 1972 the best. Have also owned several early 70s Cadillac cars. Right now I have an unrestored 1937 Ford DeLuxe Fordor. I like 1940-41 Buicks and 1957 Buick 4dr Hardtop. Maybe there is one in my future. My dad started out on 1937 Ford, then 50s Chevrolet then a 1941 Buick Series 90 Limited Sedan. There was no looking back for my father and my brother Mike, who also bought a 1941 Buick Series 90 Limited Sedan; everything was Straight Eight at our house growing up. I still love those old Fords. Looking forward to going to the big Buick show at South Bend.

PP

Welcome to the BCA Pomeroy. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time in the club as well as on the Buick section of the forum. Plenty of friendly and helpful Buick guys hang out here. We'll see you in South Bend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • MrEarl pinned this topic
  • MrEarl unpinned and pinned this topic
  • MrEarl locked this topic